Muzzy Chuck - Astero
Neemo Beer
Reed Gryphon - Rupture, Tornado
Tori Moliko - Augoror
Turlough Dominian - Confessor, Coercer
Xafen Katapi
armenthus brown
Kills and Losses
This firstly started as a cruiser fleet mostly for new bros and we were doing level 4 missions as of this point, tho as we begin to notice a bit of activity from a war target who was sitting in system, mostly from seeing combat scanners on d-scan, the fleet began to go gradually shift into a pvp mode and we began chasing down the WT who was currently flying a Hecate

(21:07:05) Jufvitte
Rupture -39.5m
first kill out of this was from myself, as I underestimated how much dps a hecate was able to output I lost my rupture quite fast when attempting to engage upon the war target and sadly he was able to escape before the fleet was able to warp in on top of him.

(21:20:12) Amygnon
Confessor -69.04m
(21:31:12) Amygnon
Augoror -13.3m
Capsule -0.01m
(22:07:55) Jufvitte
Condor -7.79m
The WT was able to catch out a few stragglers from our side at this point the FC changed in a not so smooth manor to Reed.

(22:09:16) Jufvitte
Capsule -0.01m
Condor -9.7m
At this time we decided to try a bit of an interesting tactic as we were unable to catch the WT through more traditional means, i.e. interceptors, we had a fleet of 3 bombers camp on the juf gate in Amy, after sitting there for a small amount of time we eventually managed to catch the WT as he jumped into Amy, caught off guard by the bombers, as he was then pointed by the small bomber fleet we then had the rest of the fleet warp in the bombers to tackle and finish off the WT tho, due to his speed, he was able to escape the fleet and warp off.

(22:31:02) Amygnon
WT warped to an npc station sitting with in docking range of it, when Reed warped in at 0 on him with the Tornado, WT decided to engage the tornado witch sat there until the fleet managed to warp in on top of the hecate pointing it and eventually killing it
Atron -3.96m
Hecate +73.94m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 73,942,411.18
ISK Lost: 143,325,097.67
ISK Delta: -69,382,686.49
Efficiency: 34.033%

Notes
WT had a very fast align time on his Hecate, to the point where even interceptors were unable to lock it fast enough to catch, this lead to him slipping through out gate camps with it, also WT was able to tether and revive reps at Citadel 101 and this led to a few times where we unable to catch him as a result. Thing to improve on would be better fleet cooperation for the most part, and better, more clear coms from the FC (mostly myself in this case)
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] HSC WT Hunt Fleet [7-15-18]

Post by Turlough Dominian »

This was fun we fleet.
I originally joined the fleet when i saw a random wwwww in chat

so anywho my loss is a factor of two main things my pilot error and wartarget good timing, we where told to get on the juff gate as the wartarget was jumping bck and forward , so i came in at range instead of o to do some pew pew which is fine but then wartarget bounced and so did most of our fleet and at this point I thought to myself ill sit here at gate and call if he comes back, well ye he came back landed right on top of me red boxed and i thought to myself ah its fine i will just jump the gate, o nope not at 0 oopsie. so ye good kill and timeing by wartarget o7

Lesson learned: double check how far off gate you are ... :D

My only negative for the fleet would be the fc at this time ersin asked people to dock up multiple times and a few people either where not on comm's or just flat out ignored his request. but supposes to be expected people are overly eager and bloodthirsty and still learning.

My favorite part was the bomber suggestion that was made and being honest at the time I was skeptical that it would work , I know i even said something to the effect of "i think it would be a suiside run, but am curious how tht turns out" now it did not land a kill on him but it nearly did we got him to structure was so so close , bombers to the left of him bombers to the right and a bunch of random blood thirsty uni bro's trying to eat him

Second favorite part: we got to avenge my death
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

I did not participated the hunt with Gila so i took the liberty of editing your post.
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Xanthys Pike
Title: Freshman

Post by Xanthys Pike »

Ersin mentioned a Vexor fit that he has used successfully to take down Ken's Hecate. Ersin, please post. :D I want to try it if / when I have the skills...
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

A T3D in propulsion mode does align extremely quickly (the Hecate best of all). So to catch it you'd probably need a gate camp type setup with remote sensor boosters, long scram and webs. Even that would come down to ping and reaction time for your instalocker.

Reading the AAR, I was also surprised the bombers worked. I suspect that was down to Ken choosing to try to kill them, instead of warping away.

The easiest way to kill a Hecate like that is to scram-kite it, with a ship that has an afterburner, scram, and 1-2 webs. A neut and/or tracking disruptor would be a nice bonus.

This kill shows a single rail comet doing exactly that:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/64593602/
Tori Moliko
Title: Graduate, Student Advocate, WHC Logistics Officer

Post by Tori Moliko »

The PvE portion of the fleet was my second time flying logi and it was a good time. A few factors leading to the loss of my Augoror in the PvP portion:

1) I think I was in the wrong place. As I understood it, at the time we were trying to set up camps on both sides of the Juf-Amy gate. I was trying to stay with the other logi as we jumped back and forth but think I got separated; I chatted with WT afterward and he said there was only me and one Vexor on grid in Amy at the time. Perhaps others were gate cloaked or perhaps everyone was in Juf.

2) I don’t think I had turned the resistance modules back on after jumping so I went down quicker than I might have.

3) I broadcast for armor reps, assuming I wasn’t alone and others would engage while I got healed, but didn’t get on comms and say he was attacking me. I should have spoken up.

4) WT advised afterward that by turning on resistance and overloading AB to the gate I probably would have escaped. He also wanted me to pass on that he appreciated the challenges we were giving him. Nice enough guy for an enemy of the University.
Image Image Image Image Image