[AAR] BLAP Caracals, the No Action Report...

Adrien Claremont
Title: Campus Manager (NSC), FCC Staff, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[AAR] BLAP Caracals, the No Action Report...

Post by Adrien Claremont »

Hey,

So last night we went for a BLAP Caracal roam around NullSec and basically didn't find anything. At all. For 2 hours.

Form up took longer than expected because we had some newbros arrive for their first fleet. Not an issue at all, we got them in ships and went on our merry way. Initially we were very light on support ships with only 2 logi, 2 fleet tackle and our newbros, but over the course of the fleet people joined and we made it up to 4 scouts at one point, all roaming and diving off into every pocket and side system they could.

The route selection was from PC9 in Syndicate, out via A-S into Cloud Ring. Whilst in Cloud Ring we had sight of a 12 man AF fleet, however they could out run us and were travelling in opposite direction, meaning we couldn't catch them up. There were a couple of ratting VNIs that we couldn't grab as we didn't have probes and that was about it. I thought about carrying on into Fade to see if we could bait a response fleet in the C4C pocket, however intel suggested a 40 man Ishtar fleet in the direction, so we heading down via Black Rise back to Syndicate and called it a night.

I can't say I paid much attention when I booked the fleet, just went for my usual 1800 EU weekday time slot. Turns out last night just happened to be England vs Colombia, during UK prime time. Could have had something to do with the quietness of space.

Mentioning it in the FCC, Raido lovingly crafted this map of Cloud Ring to get a better idea of where to poke for a fight.

If anyone has any other suggestions for where to roam into Sovnull from the NSC, it would be appreciated. From what was said last night in the FCC, Pure Blind may be a better option.

Thanks for last night guys. Shame we couldn't find anything.

Sorry to those who felt I wasted their evening.
Alexander Oromov
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] BLAP Caracals, the No Action Report...

Post by Alexander Oromov »

I'm not roaming 0.0 space often. So, even with no action, I had some good learning experiences, looking at dotlan and zkill to learn the name of the pipes and who lives who. Once we reached Galmilistan I felt home. It also helped getting a feel on 0.0 way of travel.

Irrelevant correction on the size of the Goon AF fleet, they had around 28 in their fleet in total, but were pretty spread around. Appears to be a fast burn there on their side. I wonder if I could have tried to catch a straggler for the fleet, but I decided to not to, because I was never really sure how far away I'm from fleet. I guess this comes with 0.0 experience. The more you travel, the better you get familiar with the actual systems.
B'aldrick Aivoras
Title: Graduate

Re: [AAR] BLAP Caracals, the No Action Report...

Post by B'aldrick Aivoras »

Thanks for the fleet Adrien - I know we didn’t get fights but fleet manoeuvres were practiced and improved. I got to scout empty space and was good to have free licence to try and find something. Sorry we couldn’t find something and that when extra time came along I HAD to drop.

BLAP caracals aren’t set up to catch ratters though unless they are really dumb as you know. Combat interceptors with dictor support seem much better.

It’s a pity we couldn’t get more scouts / tackle as a start as a dictor really helps and I would’ve liked to fly one down there at NSC (all Uni C’s aren’t the best C’s).

Looking forward to the next fleet and FCing one in due course.
Graduate
Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer
|
FCC Manager
ImageImageImageImageImage