[WHC] The Deacon will here you Confession now

Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

[WHC] The Deacon will here you Confession now

Post by Troven Smalvard »

Usual quiet happy day in Innuendo....

I'm actually sat on bacon with Silthas with a buble and an intsa svipul waiting to Catch an Einstein-Rosen brigade Astero eyes when Zana called a couple of retributions and a Decon outside a high sec to Innu

were are only about 5 logged on real people so seems fine and want a similar comp for an interesting fight.
As discussing they get up to

2 Deacons
5/6 Retributions
Sabre and a INS
and a stratios

we recognize the ship call signs and know they had an astero eyes in earlier, sure enough they jump in and warp straight to our location assuming to try catch the svipul and trigger a fight

we bounce and i manage to get 2 deacons and 2 confessor a svipul and an incursus and a coercer
we are a little slow as vlo has to wait on thier bubble going down as he was eyes in bacon to reship and handing out loaners
not exacly fair numbers but i'm willing to try and pick a few if we can and get a fight

we undock the deacons to let them know we are forming.
they bounce back to the high sec.

I don't want to play Hisec hole games so warp us to our C2/C3 as they know where it is and can see us on dscan and i assume they have the start watching anyway

they don't budge we discuss what i want where and how when they land

they dont budge of the hi sec
gentle nudge

they don't budge i'm short attention span so start lining us up to fight on the hi sec, they bring in a flycatcher and heritic (3 dictors now) so assume they will go for it now out gunning more and reform on the C3 hole

I'm politely reminded that we have eys only on the comp in Innu and not whats outside, i shoot an alt into hi sec, sure enpugh just in time to see
a BNI and couple of prophecies

:womp womp:

annoyed by the belief in a semi fair fight (because we never blob honest :angel: ) i get us ready to scatter but they trickle in the small stuff, so "bugger it"

my plan is pick off tackle and jump through and then run away or if people resonf to the ping they can bring heavier guns and we'll stick it out.

Start goes well,

their deacons haven't squad warped and come one by one, we manage to pop 3 of them while our 2 logi pilots keep everyone up.

the dictors pop and burn off before we can slow them enough so survive (one jumps staright through)
as the dps mounts we have to start jumping - Great job on communication logi and we don't lose anyone

into the C3 we go

they already have bubble up, our first through i've told to hold cloak - again good work on comms on timers guys - so we can regroup

we decloak and colapse back, this time pick a retri to test the tank, i see too late there is a deacon in stucture, (someone called it for me thanks) but by time locked he managed to jump through again.

we were beating the retri and he jumped as well followed by the rest

my blood lust gpt the better of me and i ordered follow thinking we can grab a few more.

unfortunately there BCs were set
called align out with prop as soon as decloak but we lost logi in quick succession and then scatter they caught my fessor and Sitlths Svipul

Battle report

we lost a couple of podded pilots, but tried to reform heavier ships, but the Baddies left immediatley to HiSec before we could roll out BS

Good
  • Initial intel was great, thanks Zana, i got dscans staright off, corp info and verbal updates
  • Form up was pretty smooth, knew what i wanted, and people filled up (smaller ships obviously make this easier)
  • Logi did an awsome job - especially as was first time
  • Mid fight comms was great, just enough info of status
  • I was happy with the initial ship trade and fire discipline was great allowing us to get stuff before reps could be there
  • really impressed with you guys against a bigger force
Bad
  • I was too eager to take a fight when we were seriously out numbered later
  • My blood lust cost us ships (and pods)
  • My extraction plan wasn't fully formed
  • had i not been so over excited we prob all get out alive
Really Bad
  • My AARs don't get any shorter
ImageImage ImageImage
Vlo Uhm
Title: Sophomore

Re: [WHC] The Deacon will here you Confession now

Post by Vlo Uhm »

I like long AAR's. :P Thought it went reasonably well. To bad we saw their bigger numbers and ships to late.

Think we did ok till the big stuff came rolling in. I saw a Brutix Navy Issue, an Ashimu :cry: AND ECM :cry: on my kill.
Zako Maken
Title: WHC Admin Officer, Graduate

Post by Zako Maken »

Fun fight! Outnumbered and still went pretty even on isk (minus the big pod). Thanks for taking charge and making it happen
Image Image Image
Silthias

Post by Silthias »

Was a great fight, and I have to disagree with:
had i not been so over excited we prob all get out alive
Their interdictor pilot was very good, kept dropping bubbles just as I reached the edge of the last one. It leaves me pretty convinced that once we committed to the fight and they escalated with the bigger ships we had no option but to loose something, if only to draw attention from others to escape.
Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

[quote="Silthias"][/quote]

the overexcited mistake was jumping back through polarised to where new the BCs were and forgot about the 2nd (and 3rd) dictor. after that it was easy for him to hold us for the bigger boys
for max efficiency we could have stayed on the bacon side and just wandered off to come back when clear, or when timers had run down

we didn't get any further kills back in Innu, so 20/20 hindsight and useful constructive immediate debrief suggests I was wrong - but hopefully will be remembered for next time when i'm all calm and cool like usual :lol:
ImageImage ImageImage
Troven Smalvard

i think somewhere in the back of my mind i was expecting Einstien to come sandwich us so was trying to be as hit and run as possible, but over cooked the pot
ImageImage ImageImage