[FLEET] Weekly AMC WH Gas Huffing (13/06/2018)

Kevin Dogguide
Title: Sophomore

[FLEET] Weekly AMC WH Gas Huffing (13/06/2018)

Post by Kevin Dogguide »

Purpose:
This AAR will provide a detailed account of my a WH gas huffing fleet put in the schedule at AMC. Please see this post for the preamble for this fleet.

Introduction:
This fleet has been running regularly from it's inception allowing AMC members the opportunity to huff gas in WHs. On this week we were in a WH huffing and also found a shattered WH to do ice mining. Two Nemesis dropped on the fleet and we lost a couple of ships in the shattered WH.

This fleet had a total of 5 participants. Three people participated in gas huffing and five (plus alts) people participated in the ice mining.

Objectives:
See Preamble.

Participants
A post was made in the AMC forum for interested parties to join a weekly gas huffing fleet (preamble). Due to AMC campus OpSec rules no other posts were made in other channels.
Spoiler
Kevin Dogguide - Astero/Brutix Navy Issue/Venture/Procurer
Tobor Glenlevit - Drake/Venture/Procurer
Ynnos Fyrestrike - Vexor/Venture/Procurer
Batil Shabh - Astero
Navet Okaski - Procurer
Ynson Fyrestrike - Orca
StormFlake Fyrehaven - Providence
Fleet preparations:
A few systems were scanned down for WHs and location was chosen in a C1-3 to huff gas. Bookmarks were created for fleet members for the entrance, exit, safe spot, and gas sites. The gas huffing portion of the fleet was cut short as an Astero and Legion popped up on dscan. All gas huffers left the WH safely.

We decided that we would try to scan down other signatures and a shattered WH was found. Another call was put out in AMC for any interest parties to join us for ice mining. Basic bookmarks were created for the WH entrance, exit, and safe location.

In each WH I carried with me a mobile depot, remote repairer, probes and a launcher. At least one other person had probes and a launcher.

Significant events:
(1) The appearance of the Astero and Legion prompted us to leave quickly.
(2) As prep was happening for the shattered WH there was a miss communication between members. This resulted in bookmarks for the entrance, exit, and safe spot being left out in space at the WH entrance. I warped back out and scooped the bookmarks as others were mining ice to prevent the locations being compromised (specifically the safe spot).
(3) In the shattered WH the scout inadvertently warped to a combat site to create a safe spot bookmark (see point 2) and his ship was destroyed.
(4) Two Nemesis dropped on the ice miners and we lost a Procurer

Stats:
Gas, Ice, and Loot (including salvage): 147,038,691.80
Ship losses: 100,578,123.76
ISK delta: 46,460,568.04

FC Review
The loss of the Astero was a pilot error. However, as FC I should have been more diligent with the scout picking up the bookmarks I made at the WH entrance. This would have given the scout a safe spot, and would have meant that the bookmarks would not have been left out in space. I will try to plan out the on-the-fly prep better to ensure that we are all aware of the protocol.

While were were ice mining we noticed core probes out in space. When ice belt rats spawned I reshipped and took care of them. When I left and the ice miners returned the Nemesis decloaked and scrammed one of the procurers. I called for everyone to exit. The two Nemesis followed us out into high sec and warped away. On June 15th we noticed that the two Nemesis pilots lost their own ships to PIRAT (I guess it's bittersweet?) A (June 15 loss) & B (June 15 loss).

Preventing this loss is harder as the ships could fit a covertops cloak. Assuming both Nemesis were fit in the same way (2) Warp Scrambler II it would be a +4 and (2) Warp Core Stabilizers II would provide -2. So there would be no way to get away.
AMC Officer & Retired Senior Personnel Officer
Image Image Image Image Image
Navet Okaski
Title: Freshman

Re: [FLEET] Weekly AMC WH Gas Huffing (13/06/2018)

Post by Navet Okaski »

Great write up, and was a fun night. Unfortunate with the losses, but good to see they didn't fare too well the next day..
Sterling Boirelle
Title: Events Staff, Zen Master, Teacher, Sophomore

Post by Sterling Boirelle »

I love this format for AARs i am stealing it =)
SP determines what you can fly not where you can fly.
Kevin Dogguide
Title: Sophomore

Post by Kevin Dogguide »

Navet Okaski wrote:Great write up, and was a fun night. Unfortunate with the losses, but good to see they didn't fare too well the next day..
It was a good night. I'm happy to bring different mining experiences to AMC. The shattered ice was a nice bonus.
Sterling Boirelle wrote:I love this format for AARs i am stealing it =)
You're welcome to use it. :) I think I adapted it from a bunch of AARs that I read in here (read: mashed a few formats together and added some parts).
AMC Officer & Retired Senior Personnel Officer
Image Image Image Image Image