[AAR] Cryptic's Punishers (Azbel Defense force)

Cryptic Sharvas
Title: Pochven Fleet Captian

[AAR] Cryptic's Punishers (Azbel Defense force)

Post by Cryptic Sharvas »

This was not a UNI Call to arms.

but it was a call to arms of a sort. It was a call to everyone that ever wanted to have industry in the NSC. It was a call to all that wanted to learn about structure defense. It was a call to all that were starved of content at the NSC. Sometimes my magical pixie dust infused content generator goes haywire and this was a call to all those that wanted to have fun.

We formed up in PC9 after Greagan lead an uneventful travel fleet down from Stacmon.

This is what Shadow cartel wanted:

But instead with our massive force of punishers/retributions (who needs command Destoryers anyways) we denied them content and they sat at home and did nothing.

Roam members (32)
Spoiler
Alexander Oromov
Analiese Aubernet - Confessor, Vexor
Barabbas xxx - Punisher, Caracal
Beavis Alland - Retribution
Cizer Austrene
Cryptic Sharvas - Retribution, Malediction
Dal Cais
Devoros Vyndiver - Punisher, Griffin
Durnik Risalo - Punisher
E Fyre - Retribution
Endaras Oramara - Punisher, Merlin
Flack Keikira - Inquisitor
Gemma Solett - Malediction
Greagan Tonathias
Imad Gratia - Enyo
Jackson Millenius - Punisher
Jorj Onzo - Retribution
KPYTOE KOPOBO - Retribution
Kai-Alon Deninard
Kento Auffrie - Punisher, Vexor
Kotaros - Inquisitor, Punisher
LeFleur - Griffin
Neemo Beer - Punisher
Padraic Musbrandt
Ramong Pares
Reed Gryphon - Inquisitor
Soul Vapor
SpankUVRYMuch
Sphere Thelon - Punisher
Wokum
Xafen Katapi - Retribution
Xivik Skord - Punisher
Of course our friends at Phage and Terror were out to 3rd party and while I was slow boating around the structure with the fleet anchored on me they bombed us, and Analiese deleted one of their space pixel ships:

(23:47:43) T22-QI
Inquisitor -4.59m
Griffin -1.95m
Manticore +52.11m
Capsule +0.01m

Well the timer expired on the Azbel, and E-UNI won themselves the structure, it has been transferred.

We decided to be the Defenders of the Grandprix runners! So we started to head towards the gate camps that cones have been using for bombing event runners. In 6E- We found the gate camp and I promptly did what I always do in combat and froze. Analiese did what Analiese does best and took over. With that said we managed to delete an Istar even while a carrier was dropped on us.

Ishtar +389.42m

We had a ton of people in fleet and so Analiese did something unexpected when a UNI fleet faces a cyno. We stayed and we fought. Why? because when you are in punishers you can do that, without losing too much isk:

Punisher -2.2m
Punisher -3.22m
Einherji I +2.83m
Einherji I +2.83m
Einherji I +2.83m
Einherji I +2.83m

At this point we started to feel confident, having lost 2 punishers for 4 flights of fighters seems like an ok trade. we were operating under the rules of if Yellow boxes warp away and come back.

Inquisitor -5.68m
Ferox +70.18m

The carrier pilot started to get support at this point and targets were changed to wipe out the Ferox. And more Punishers and Retributions died and some Capsules did too. But the carrier was quickly loosing fighters.

Capsule -0.01m
Punisher -8.24m
Punisher -8.85m
Einherji I +2.83m
Capsule -0.01m
Inquisitor -5.23m
Punisher -8.23m
Einherji I +2.83m
Capsule -0.01m
Retribution +66.08m
Einherji I +2.83m
Capsule -0.01m
Punisher -9.61m

More support came in to help out. and we promptly removed it from the field:

Brutix Navy Issue +340.59m

We were bleeding DPS heavily here and While we took out another fighter wing and had the carrier in half armor, it was obvious that we were not going to hold the field. but we did manage 3 more fighter wings down. keeping count? thats 10 fighter wings, this carrier had to be very low on fighters. At this point Cones did bring in anti frigate tackle support ships and they were going to start to chew through us:

Einherji I +2.83m
Inquisitor -3.93m
Griffin -3.22m
Punisher -9.6m
Confessor -86.28m
Enyo -45.03m
Einherji I +2.83m
Einherji I +2.83m
Punisher -9.13m
Punisher -9.05m
Retribution -57.97m
Retribution -58.56m
Retribution -77.44m
Capsule -0.01m
Inquisitor -4.15m
Caracal -14.77m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Punisher -3.24m
Capsule -0.01m

The final tally of this fight went like this:

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 946,673,737.55
ISK Lost: 440,254,948.33
ISK Delta: 506,418,789.22
Efficiency: 68.256%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)

We saved the Azbel
    We stayed on grid with a carrier
    We had a good fight with cones <- read this a few times guys

(Negative stuff)

We didn't kill the carrier
    We needed more logi
    We bled too much DPS
Image ImageImageImageImage
Flack Keikira
Title: Freshman

Re: [AAR] Cryptic's Punishers (Azbel Defense force)

Post by Flack Keikira »

This was my first time running non-chain logi, and running logi in a "losing" fight. It was a blast and I learned a lot about how much power logi wings have in that situation.

I specifically wish I'd coordinated warp-offs with the other logi, we lost Reed because they didn't know I'd jumped off due to being yellowboxed and I didn't get back in time to land reps. (Shout-out to logi sibling-in-arms-I-mean-reps for both structure fleets, Reed G. "Solo" logi frogs with two on field is so much better than one.)
Endaras Oramara
Title: Freshman

Post by Endaras Oramara »

Thanks for organising this Cryptic, we got several hours of very nice content.

Carrier battle was the most protracted and thrilling fight I've had since starting eve. Thanks for FCing this Analiese - mind blown everytime I see an experienced FC in action.

Props to logi - had a nice long stint on grid thanks to you guys. :)

o7
Alto DeRaqwar
Title: Senior Personnel Officer, Graduate

Post by Alto DeRaqwar »

Cryptic Sharvas wrote:We had a good fight with cones <- read this a few times guys
A good fight with cones?
A GF with cones?
This is not the normal GF that comes to mind when I think of fighting the cones.
Lost Soul
Image Image
Image Image Image
Cryptic Sharvas
Title: Pochven Fleet Captian

Post by Cryptic Sharvas »

Alto DeRaqwar wrote:
Cryptic Sharvas wrote:We had a good fight with cones <- read this a few times guys
A good fight with cones?
A GF with cones?
This is not the normal GF that comes to mind when I think of fighting the cones.
it was absolutely a good fight. I'm not saying that every fight with the Cones is good. or even that any other fight with the cones was good (there aren't many I've been in) but this fight was fun and eye opening.
Image ImageImageImageImage