[WAR] HSC Task Force Hits Gate Camp @ 2018.06.17

Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

[WAR] HSC Task Force Hits Gate Camp @ 2018.06.17

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

BLACKHOGS. are feeling comfortable around Amygnon and surronding systems and we chased them off several times already away from region [Related AAR]. However, they kept shooting capsuleers around trade hubs and gate camping systems like Uedama, Sivala, etc. We are all giving warning our members not to be around trade hubs, but apparently there are some unistas out there still loving their hubs :) Well, I was monitoring Intel channel and Killboard and I noticed one active gang in Uedama/Sivala. We formed a fleet while pinging HSC Slack. We did not have the numbers initially so we decided to bring big ships there instead of announced BLAP Vexor & Augoror doctrine. However later two Vexors and two Augorors joined in. And couple more upshipped to BNIs. Well that was not I was looking for but still seemed a good gate camp busting fleet composition with 2 Condor, 2 Augoror, 1 Falcon, 1 Pilgrim, 2 Brutix Navy Issue, 1 Armageddon, 1 Hyperion. Later we got some more.

Fleet Members
Spoiler
Ersin Oghuz, Hyperion
Rikali Laru, Armageddon
Jacob Velora, Brutix Navy Issue
Ares Dodekatheon, Brutix Navy Issue
Mike Kingswell, Condor
lobevaser, Condor
Nuefrau Simalia , Augoror
LeFleur, Augoror
Capt Steele, Falcon
Tal Tracyn, Pilgrim
(Later, Mike Kingswell had to leave before engagement, while De W Javge and Ingenia Magnus joined the fleet with Taranis and Malediction)
So, channels were pinged, fleet was formed and we were ready to take off with all the mighty ships and eager HSC "care"bears to take care of Sivala gate camp! I lead to fleet to system nearby Sivala while our scouts were feeding us with the intelligence about enemy composition and location. I must say the journey was long due to slow Battleships and Battlecruisers but at the end we arrived neighbouring system to Sivala and set our trap. Our scouts were still feeding us with the intel and one of our fleet members, Ares with Brutix Navy Issue jumped into the system they were in. We were sure about that they began the search for Ares, while he is doing some movements and looking like lonely traveller.

Ingenia also were located to another nearby system for quick response and to be secondary tackle. Other tacklers lobesaver and De W was ready with the fleet with Condor and Taranis. And WTs reported at gate and began their camp for Ares. Ares took the jump and he confirmed the 3 WTs around him at gate. Proteus, Legion and Deimos. I told Ares to break cloak burn back to gate and let them engage him and tackle whatever get in tackle range, and told fleet and secondary tackle to standby for jump order. Ares got tackled and then he landed tackle on Proteus and called "Proteus Tackled" and I gave the fleet to jump in to Sivala and warp to Ares with their optimals and spread tackle and get secondary tackles. While we are at warp Ares told us he was being neuted and about to lose tackle. A moment after his tackle lost but Ingenia managed to hold secondary tackle right in time and that gave us enough time to land on grid and spread tackles.

Here I should have tell the frigate pilots to deagress since we all tackled the ships on field, ping to a closeby celestial and/or Bookmark and then when their weapons' timer was off they need to warp back to gate and jump the other side of the gate and wait for any wartarget ship jumped back through gate. I should also order BNIs to disengage and ready to jump as well, since wartargets already disengaged and began to wait their weapons timers to pass so they can jump and escape. Jacob tried to warn me but in the heat of battle I did not hear him. So we focused our weapons on Proteus while all other ships are tackled, and Legion was being neuted by Tal, Proteus was being neuted by Rikali and our Falcon pilot Capt Steele was jamming ships on grid. While we were piercing the armor of Proteus, Deimos jumped and escaped. At that point I told frigates to disengage and get ready to jump but that was a late call. The time we were finishing off Proteus, Legion jumped as well and escaped. Several seconds later Proteus hull folded and exploded.

The fleet did not break formation, we looted the field (loot fairy was very generous to us), we did not lose our bait ship thanks to our logistics, LeFleur and Nuefrau and we return to Amygnon right after saluting each other with wartargets and giving "good fights" in local. They wanted to speak to FC, and De W spoke to them and they told him that we could have kill them all if we could get some ships on the other side of the gate and send their regards due to good engagement against them.

Report : Proteus Kill : 1.3 billion ISK

Goods
+ Good discipline overall both in comms and fleet movements
+ Fleet composition was adequate for the task and good number of capsuleers reported in
+ Repeatition of commands so fleet can follow them

Needs to be Improved
- I need to stop and listen sometimes, if I could do that I would have hear Jacob's suggestion for sending ships to the other side of the gate and possible land tackle on other ships.
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Xafen Katapi
Title: Freshman

Re: [WAR] HSC Task Force Hits Gate Camp @ 2018.06.17

Post by Xafen Katapi »

I don't think this war is going how Blackhogs thought it would =0 Nice kill!
LeFleur
Title: Le fleur de haute sécurité, Graduate

Re: [WAR] HSC Task Force Hits Gate Camp @ 2018.06.17

Post by LeFleur »

We not only finished a Proteus, we also had a legion half killed by the time the engagement ended. It was a very clean operation and people in our fleet could not believe we didn't loose a ship.

With a armagedon with us, the legion and the proteus were neuted, so it explains a lot. Also they were zeroing on the BNI that was around 40% armor when logi arrived.

One thing we did that worked quite well was avoid their eyes. Since they were camping Uedama, they only needed one scout ahead and another behind. And our route got us through a sideways gate, so they were not expecting us at all.