Glen Burney - Stabber Fleet Issue
Hirmuolio Pine - Rifter
Onaga Shi - Merlin
Regulus Dural - Atron
Super Uitra - Caracal, Condor
Wokum - Retribution
lobevaser - Vexor
Kills and Losses

So we had a lot of newbros on this fleet, and I was glad! It made sense to allow people to join in on the fun of null PvP without fear of getting gatecamped. Unfortunately, many of the Solitude guys had trouble coming over to Amygnon as there was a gatecamp. I wanted to get into null as fast as possible, so we can start hunting properly. I can't exactly remember why someone lost a tristan, can anyone tell me?

(15:48:49) MHC-R3
Tristan -7.4m

In FD-MLJ there was a Gnosis Running around. It engaged our scout while he was on our ingate, so we jumped threw and killed em. A lot more people died than was needed, I remember repeating: 'Warp out if you need to!' If you haven't understood what that meant, it means to get out(I don't mean to be mean or anything, but it was still annoying). Hey, we at least secured our ISK Positive then!

(15:55:21) FD-MLJ
Rifter -3.79m
Caracal -13.88m
Gnosis +107.74m

Someone Podded themselves... Don't pod yourself if you got implants don't forget!

(16:22:18) RF-GGF
Capsule -0.01m

After that, we found a retribution. That thing, even though it was a frigate, burned through our fleet I can tell you that! A Thrasher Jumped into the action, but got killed by our Vexor when I called Scatter. At least we got a kill.

(16:38:05) 0LTQ-C
Maulus -0.58m
Thrasher +3.77m

One of our Condor Pilots lost their ships while coming over... that was sad.

(16:43:54) 97X-CH
Condor -2.36m
Capsule -0.01m

After that, I accepted defeat and the rest of the guys that were left came back to Amygnon.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 111,515,208.42
ISK Lost: 28,026,249.88
ISK Delta: 83,488,958.54
Efficiency: 79.915%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    -Overall, our ISK Efficiency was very nice thanks to the Gnosis running around in Syndicate.
    -A lot of newbros got to try out null, which is great for any other roams that I or others might host!
    (Negative stuff)
    -I'll be honest, after a while, the fleet got very confusing. Some were trying to catch up, some just gave up, and not a lot of us were left to come back with our ships.
    -I think I could've made better choices by far. The Retribution engagement was the biggest mistake.
PvPer that still stays in HSC.
Image Image Image Image
Durnik Risalo

Re: [AAR] A Cloud Ring Around - 2018.06.15 @15:00 EVE Time

Post by Durnik Risalo »

Yeah, that was a fun first fleet for me.

I was in the Maulus that got killed by the Retribution and then took the pod express home to reship. Once I got shipped up, the fleet was on its way back to Amygnon.

However, on to the fight: the group was split up for the Retribution fight. I (and a few others) engaged the Retribution when "Engage" was called. Then when the "Disengage" was called, I thought I'd keep my Damps on for 3-4 secs longer (at about 30km from target) to let others warp out. That was a mistake given the speed of his ship -- I forgot to remember Warp Disruption would be lost by teammates warping out (and thinking back, I'm not totally sure he was *ever* Warp Scrambled/Webbed). I was soon Scrammed and in my pod. I warped my pod to station and took the Pod Express back.

I think the biggest lesson was range control and not paying attention to target disrupt/scram/webbing. I would have liked to keep a little more distance from target. Plus, it's worth considering whether I waited too long in warping my ship out.