[AAR] NoP Monday Roam! 2018.06.05 @ 0100

Reise Amatin
Title: Mentor, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Teacher, Graduate

[AAR] NoP Monday Roam! 2018.06.05 @ 0100

Post by Reise Amatin »

FCC FEEDBACK
If you participated in the fleet, please leave feedback in the FCC Feedback form. The information you provide me will help me improve and lead better fleets, which leads to more fun for everyone.

FCC Feedback Form

ACTIONABLE GOALS
Improvement items to work on from my last fleet:
  • Pre-Roam Planning.
  • Decision Making/In-Roam Strategic Planning.
  • Command Chatter.
PARTICIPANTS
Roam members (20)
Spoiler
Arashi Shizukana - Merlin ( 2IC , Vanguard)
Archemide - Merlin
Atticus Vex
Azador Delacroix - Merlin
Castor Udan - Merlin
Daz Argentum - Merlin
Ged Sinak - Atron (Skirmish Scout)
General Killah
I Skip Legday - Merlin ( 3IC , Vanguard)
Jon Musk - Merlin
Lain Ikuwara - Merlin
Mauritun - Merlin
Mols Halleck - Merlin (Vanguard)
Reed Gryphon
Reembody - Merlin
Regulus Dural - Atron
Reise Amatin - Merlin
Wokum - Merlin (Vanguard)
Xafen Katapi - Merlin
lobevaser – Condor (Skirmish Scout)

OBSERVATIONS
Some nights are better than others. We had just started our roam and I was paying more attention to my scout calling targets than I was to what was immediately on the field with us. We had a T2 Cruiser gang start gathering, they were flashy and we weren't, so I didn't give it much further thought.
Big mistake, as a T2 Logi is more than able to rep through gate guns. So we lost 5 ships and a few others trying to get the fleet formed back up once they started camping the Stac/Ost gate.

(01:43:35) Ostingele
Merlin -4.27m
Merlin -3.7m
Merlin -5.78m
Merlin -6.74m
Atron -5.03m
Merlin -6.74m
Merlin -3.68m
Atron -2.74m
Merlin -11.19m

The only reason we had an isk efficiency > 0 was due to a lonely Tristan we found in a plex.

(02:17:59) Heydieles
Tristan +4.99m

The rest of this is our former corp mates shadowing us and picking us off as they were able.

(02:45:17) Nisuwa
Merlin -8.26m

(02:55:58) Nennamaila
Condor -5.96m
Merlin -5.93m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 4,993,816.86
ISK Lost: 70,016,247.11
ISK Delta: -65,022,430.25
Efficiency: 6.658%

PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND SUMMARY
Overall a fairly frustrating evening. Looking at the recording of the Cruiser slaughter there's nothing we would have been able to do with that, I should have just called a retreat from the get-go. I kept looking for the opportunity to isolate one of the [HIFL] pilots but it never worked out - and I frankly didn't expect it to. I would have been surprised if one of them had messed up that badly. I'm going to chalk this one up to a bad evening and make sure I keep my situational awareness at the fore next time.

Review/Attainment of Actionable Goals:
  • Pre-Roam Planning. -
  • Decision Making/Strategic Planning - ✔– (Situational awareness!)
  • Command Chatter. - ✔–
  • Keep LEARNING! - (This one just lives on this list - it's why we're doing the FCC, right?)

Quality Improvement Actions for Next Fleet:
  • Pre-Roam Planning.
  • Decision Making/Strategic Planning.
  • Command Chatter.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image ImageImage Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Staberinde
Title: NSC Combat Officer, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] NoP Monday Roam! 2018.06.05 @ 0100

Post by Staberinde »

Hey Reise,

Overall
Just to say we heard about the incident in Ost and nearly didn't engage you at all yesterday. In the end we shipped to the small kitey stuff aiming to harass you if/when you got content and went flashy.

The region of Placid/Black Rise is going through a bit of a shift right now, TISHU have set up in Ost as you found. They tried to drop a Nyx on my sole Thorax the day before yesterday because the T3C, HIC and T2 logi on grid obviously wasn't going to be able to handle the dire situation! Additionally GalMil are setting up a significant invasion.

My suggestion would be to focus on gangs that can third party and try to get in on the action with mobile stuff, in particular I think this would both be fun and good for in combat shot calling (and training scouts to provide intel of who is vs who and in what!)

HIFL
Obviously I don't speak for the corp but I'm hoping to engage with you every Monday in something, if you'd like to fight something in particular let me know and I'll try to set it up with people I know. I love you and the work you've done getting myself (and others) into fleets is more diligent and generous of your own time compared to any FC I've seen.

Tactically
Obviously with what we had, fighting you when we knew where you were was the key because if we landed on you we were dead. To that effect there were a couple of windows:

When you jumped through a gate with us - decent chance of catching us if you waited for us to break or decloak.
The other big opportunity was when the Condor was caught scanning outside the plex, either we were going to warp at 0, kill the condor and slide (and the race would be on) or were going to warp at range - if you'd warped half at 0 half at 30, again we'd have been in real trouble.
Wokum
Title: Sophomore

Post by Wokum »

I didn't last long--got caught napping while the fleet was reshipping then got caught on the Ost gate on the way back. Sometimes it's just time to call it a night lol.
Reise Amatin
Title: Mentor, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Reise Amatin »

Staberinde wrote:Hey Reise,

Overall
Just to say we heard about the incident in Ost and nearly didn't engage you at all yesterday. In the end we shipped to the small kitey stuff aiming to harass you if/when you got content and went flashy.

The region of Placid/Black Rise is going through a bit of a shift right now, TISHU have set up in Ost as you found. They tried to drop a Nyx on my sole Thorax the day before yesterday because the T3C, HIC and T2 logi on grid obviously wasn't going to be able to handle the dire situation! Additionally GalMil are setting up a significant invasion.

My suggestion would be to focus on gangs that can third party and try to get in on the action with mobile stuff, in particular I think this would both be fun and good for in combat shot calling (and training scouts to provide intel of who is vs who and in what!)

HIFL
Obviously I don't speak for the corp but I'm hoping to engage with you every Monday in something, if you'd like to fight something in particular let me know and I'll try to set it up with people I know. I love you and the work you've done getting myself (and others) into fleets is more diligent and generous of your own time compared to any FC I've seen.

Tactically
Obviously with what we had, fighting you when we knew where you were was the key because if we landed on you we were dead. To that effect there were a couple of windows:

When you jumped through a gate with us - decent chance of catching us if you waited for us to break or decloak.
The other big opportunity was when the Condor was caught scanning outside the plex, either we were going to warp at 0, kill the condor and slide (and the race would be on) or were going to warp at range - if you'd warped half at 0 half at 30, again we'd have been in real trouble.
There was no way we were going to be able to compete with you guys Staber. We may have outnumbered you 3:1, but the majority of your fleet was kitey, while we were flying brawly T1/T2 Merlins. We had no chance against Calder's T3D and Analise's Garmur. Not to mention the kitey OOC stiletto pilot you had. I was looking for opportunities to try to isolate one of you, but they never presented themselves.

Glad to see you guys! We'll figure something out with the changing landscape. Maybe Sindicate will finally start picking up.

Wokum: It happens! No worries - I understand the frustration!

R

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image ImageImage Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Staberinde
Title: NSC Combat Officer, Sophomore

Post by Staberinde »

I disagree that there was no chance, as I said we were jumping through gates with you in nano-fit long range ships. Several of us were within 500m of you at that point and 0 chance of escaping if you collapsed. Sure with gate guns we'd kill some merlins for it but the trade would have been worth for the nano fit T3d, Garmur or Retri.

At the plex again even with you guys warping to 0 some landed awful close to us for an isk positive engage, we weren't looking to give you 0 opportunity to engage us back with the exception of not sliding into you directly.

Stiletto - not us.