QRF in LSC

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

QRF in LSC

Post by Budda Sereda »

I did not plan to undock, but when I see Glen is camping I thought "Why not to learn from Glan?"

Ishkur.

I got my Taranis (I thought that's Enyo), jumped into Agoze... found Ihskur on D-scan, he was killing rats in belts around planet X. I warped randomly to belt 5... lol - clone soldier :) I decided to get it first... When it was half in armor Ishkur landed... I called Glen to warp (he was pre-aligned) and approached Ishkur with the goal to tackle and kill. I guess I better have stayed on the soldier and kill it first (Ishkur was not closing the distance). In this case I would at least were not getting damage from NPC. But, I was killed and Glen completed the job:

(01:22:46) Agoze
Taranis -44.65m
Ishkur +69.37m

Gila.

While I was reshipping, Glen noticed Abyssal signature in Dastryns. I got Stratios, scanned by mistake whole system and noticed 1 Abyssal near Uphallant and another at deep space. First Abyssal collapsed without us getting anything from it (we were few seconds late when Zealot escaped) and we caught Daniel Essig in Gila on exit from the 2nd one :) His friend got Glen though.

(01:49:23) Dastryns
Gila +401.99m
Tornado -81.28m

Good trade :)

Learning points:
1. Keep orbiting Clone Soldier fighting on grid with it.
2. Scan system at 64 AU to see if there is any Abyssal signature on it.
Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

Re: QRF in LSC

Post by Glen Burney »

Thanks for probing budda! I think a stratios plus a tornado is a great duo for hunting these guys...

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Glen Burney wrote:Thanks for probing budda! I think a stratios plus a tornado is a great duo for hunting these guys...
Stratios was projecting 350-ish DPS, Tornado - had 629 cold 720 heated.
If that Daniel did not waste time calling his friends and if it was not an element of surprise he would kill Tornado himself without waiting for Loki landing: Tornado has just 9k EHP which is 20 seconds work for Gila, plus maybe 10 seconds for drones to travel. Our combined DPS was enough to kill him at the same time, but I feel like Tornado was not applying perfectly and I did need quite a bit of time to get him down. His fit was based on charges and in this particular case I would finish him myself, but reinforcement was already on grid, so it could end-up not in our favor.

I think 2 BCs with blasters/cannons + small tackle (like harpy or ceptor) would work same good or even better and would be cheaper.

I'd say we need to undock and scan surroundings more often. But next time, they will be ready and we need to be prepared to face stronger opposition. They may even have cloaky eyes on Abysal site entrance and counter gank us. Sounds like an interesting content, but those guys usually outnumber us in quantity of both ships and SPs.
Analiese Aubernet

Post by Analiese Aubernet »

Yeah, I’d definitely encourage you to work a lot more combat probing into your routines. You never know what you might find:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/70404551/
Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

Post by Glen Burney »

Ha! We had JUST missed a zealot (by like 15 seconds) with the first trace the budda scanned, he landed as the zealot was warping out. I reckon it was the same guy :)

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Glen Burney wrote:Ha! We had JUST missed a zealot (by like 15 seconds) with the first trace the budda scanned, he landed as the zealot was warping out. I reckon it was the same guy :)
And he is the reason why we killed Daniel as I believe Glen noticed Zealot's Abyssal signature :) and it is just because I've scanned the whole system we found another one :)