[Small Gang] Tourney prep

Hideo Date
Title: Personnel Officer, Jilo's New Personal Assistant, Sophomore

[Small Gang] Tourney prep

Post by Hideo Date »

This was our first preparation outing for the Small Gang Tourney. It took a while until everybody was ready to go, but I think we used the time well to sort out fits for the newbies.

I kind of accidentally took over FC duty for the first time ever :D

Sadly didn't remember to record or take pictures of any of the engagements, so only a very rough summary, hopefully the others can fill in all the missing things^^

Roam members (5)
Spoiler
Ethan Solum - Atron
Hideo Date - Atron, Slasher
Puzzled Monkey
Yrgrasil - Slasher (Scout)
Zoltan Irvam - Punisher
Kills and Losses

Stumbled on a Tristan in a plex, he seemed to be afk, when everyone piled in he woke up and burned me down. Should have just disengaged, as he was tackled by the rest of the gang anyway.

(17:57:52) Agoze
Atron -2.94m (yes that's not a proper fit for small gang, I just wanted to clear the hanger space^^)
Tristan +9.83m

On the way to Nen we ran into three Jackdaws who seemed to follow us for a couple systems, but we avoided them pretty nicely.

In Nen Yrgrasil tackled an Atron in plex and made some mistake (he'll have to explain himself), so died too quickly for us to get there.

(18:18:43) Nennamaila
Slasher -7.46m

Yrg found a nice engagement in a plex...until a Stratios decloaked. The rest didn't yet slide in, so we where easily able to get away.

(18:37:58) Kedama
Slasher -8.29m

Imperial navy Slicer: easy pickings for four T1 frigs, right? I guess not^^

(18:45:51) Nisuwa
Slasher -8.98m
Atron -14.93m
Punisher -7.29m
Capsule -0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 9,831,673.25
ISK Lost: 49,893,569.52
ISK Delta: -40,061,896.27
Efficiency: 16.462%

The good:

- we set out to get to know each other some more for the Tourney, in my mind we achieved that quite well
- discipline and reaction times of everybody (except FC) where good
- we had quite a few different engagements / situations to deal with, good learning potentials
- movement was fast paced and everyone kept up well
- awesome lowsec scouting by a pilot who hates Lowsec!
- destination setting of the newb FC was decent (I think)

The bad:

- my (non) reaction after everyone had tackled that Tristan led to a very unnecessary death (I guess I really didn't want that ugly Atron to live :D )
- that embarrassing whelp at the end against the navy Slicer and Tristan could have been prevented by me calling off the engagement earlier, I underestimated the Slicer tank versus our applied DPS
- FC needs more structure, forgot everything important like info about watchlist

The ugly:

- what do you mean proper fleet commands/target calling is a thing???
-> commands like: "let's go", "burn it with fire" and "heeelp" are not helpful for the fleet :P

Check out my blog at hideodate.WordPress.com

EX-Comms Manager and PO