NOP Monday Roam

lobevaser

NOP Monday Roam

Post by lobevaser »

First off this is my First EVE-Uni Fleet as the FC.

When I logged on I received a PM.
Spoiler
---------------------------------------------------------------

Channel ID: private_4c62354f62d911e8ad249abe94f5a167
Channel Name: Private Chat (2)
Listener: lobevaser
Session started: 2018.05.29 00:43:36
---------------------------------------------------------------

[ 2018.05.29 00:43:36 ] Reise Amatin > lobe you there?
[ 2018.05.29 00:43:45 ] lobevaser > yes sir ?
[ 2018.05.29 00:43:49 ] Reise Amatin > Are you planning on going to NoP?
[ 2018.05.29 00:44:08 ] lobevaser > i just got on i can
[ 2018.05.29 00:44:26 ] lobevaser > what type ship ?
[ 2018.05.29 00:44:52 ] Reise Amatin > Both of my sons and my wife have the stomach bug. I've been playing nurse for 48 hrs and I am in no shape to go tonight.
[ 2018.05.29 00:45:31 ] lobevaser > kk
[ 2018.05.29 00:45:39 ] Reise Amatin > Can you find someone - Gemma, Analeise, Glen, Harai, etc. to take over? I was going to do kitchen sink since I didn't manage to get a post up then everyone got barfy.
[ 2018.05.29 00:45:57 ] Reise Amatin > Sorry this is last minute.
[ 2018.05.29 00:46:17 ] lobevaser > nw get better
[ 2018.05.29 00:46:18 ] Reise Amatin > Hate cancelling, I was hoping to be on but it's a nogo
[ 2018.05.29 00:46:23 ] Reise Amatin > I'm fine....for now.
[ 2018.05.29 00:46:26 ] Reise Amatin > :D
[ 2018.05.29 00:46:36 ] Reise Amatin > THanks, I'll see you on the other side.
[ 2018.05.29 00:46:41 ] lobevaser > kk
Participants

Lobevaser FC
Satoshi Tomeii 2IC
Ged Sinak Scout
Mols Halleck
Metti ar Virksen
Wokum
Reed Gryphon
Aiden Chance
Dilithium Tweaker

LOST'S
https://zkillboard.com/kill/70247197/ combat lost
https://zkillboard.com/kill/70247509/ gateguns

KILLS
https://zkillboard.com/kill/70247208/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/70248568/ solo while in fleet

Fleet Preparation

We went kitchen sink due to MY lack of time to check on what ships was on contract.

I made my way to Stacmon V - Moon 9 - Federation Navy Assembly Plant as fast as I could warp. When I got to Stacmon I formed a Fleet. I was in a Caracal. I checked Corp. contracts for a Longbow Cormorants there was only 1 . I left that for fleet members to use.

I told the members who join that Reise Amatin would not be there due to r/l . Only 1 person left when I told them that. I asked in Alliance if Gemma, Analeise, Glen, Harai was online per the PM I received. No answer.

I still formed the fleet up with the persons that showed up. I put the fleet link in alliance and HSC channels. 2018.05.29 01:05:12 is the fleet start time.
I was waiting for an Higher Ranking FC to show up. None did.

I had the fleet member's undock to set Safeties to yellow and set autopilot to shortest , then redock.

As I was waiting for members to get to Stacmon as I started the New bro talk then we received intell on a target in the next system , a Gila. I had Ged Sinak jump in to the next system over to scout . Gemma joined fleet so we could warp in and attack the Gila, I thought we was warping to a Beaconed site. Nope it was a Gate. MY BAD. the first frig in locked the target down . Because of my BAD thinking Mols Halleck lost his ship.

We then warped to the Agoze gate and Jumped . I held on the gate while Mols got a new ship. a flashy in an Atron showed up on the gate , and before I could say hold fire Satoshi Tomeii locked up the atron and the gateguns poped him . I set dest to Harroule Agoze Ouelletta Jufvitte , I had Ged scout ahead and report. Sadly no targets to attack with the ships we had in fleet. When we got to Juf. we had a Bio break and then set off back to Stacmon. no targets to be found on the way back.

Then we went to Eha. then back to Stacmon . no targets. then we went to Tama. about 4 jumps from tama local bloomed with flashys , I ordered the fleet to burn to Tama , as we was burning Mols Halleck posted a new dest in fleet chat, Nourvukaiken was the new dest and I had the fleet make best speed to that system. I ended the roam there since it was over 2 hours.

End of roam around 2018.05.29 03:15:58.

Overall evaluation,

As an FC I was not used to the area we was roaming in . I had to ask fleet members where to go. I Failed .

* The objective was not achieved we only had 1 kill and 2 loss's.
Lobevaser - Teacher
Graduate
Kora K
Title: Graduate

Re: NOP Monday Roam

Post by Kora K »

Fc-ing at the last minute, for your first fleet, is a great achievement already :) I'm glad to see eager people willing to take ships out for a roam. Don't worry about getting kills or losing people at the beginning, you can focus on getting a grasp on moving a fleet around and interacting with scouts. Also, since it was last minutes, don't beat yourself up because you didn't know the area. Never hesitate to ask more experienced players for directions (in space, or in general) and just go for it. I'm pretty sure you did something right / good during the roam, so add it in your AAR (taking the fleet is already agood thing imo).

Anyway, someone with better writing skills than me will probably chime in :) Good luck for your next FC-ing.
Ged Sinak

Post by Ged Sinak »

The NoP fleet that you lead this Monday was fantastic. Since it was my first time as scout, it helped my gain valuable first time experience in a low stress environment. Your FC’ing was fine and I have no complaints in that regard. My only advice is to maybe add the bit about gate gun mechanics to the newbro speech. It would help the new guys understand what the gate guns do without loosing their ships. Also, it’s better to explain it when safety docked than in the situation where someone just got blown up.

Thanks for the fleet and the valuable experience,
Ged Sinak
Retired Personnel Officer| Retired NSC Combat Officer | Retired Teacher | Retired FCC Staff
Slowly falling asleep to the ticking of the monstrance clock.
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

Well it seems you had fun around :)
Well, roaming around without the good knowledge about surroundings and locals is always hard thing to do, but apart from that it was your first time FCing and I can say, after reading the AAR, you stepped up and did a good job by leading a fleet. Did you do mistakes? Well i was not there and sure thing we all do mistakes , so it is about getting used to roaming and learning from past experiences and you will get better each time you undock and lead. The crucial part after fleets is to take time to compose AARs and discuss what happened so if you did good, then people learn from you, and if you could do better, then people let you know that and give you some tips.
Thanks lobevaser for stepping up and leading a NOP ! JOIN FCC !
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

You killed Gila and lost 2 frigates... That's awesome!

It was told, but I do want to reiterate: you are too hard on yourself Lobevaser. Many good things you've done and mistakes don't matter that much if you keep learning.

The only thing I'd advise, don't start FCing cruisers, get comfortable FCing frigates first. It may feel there are not that much content, but that's not necessarily true. While frigates are much more agile and can hide/run from the big fish easier than cruisers
Satoshi Tomeii
Title: Freshman

Post by Satoshi Tomeii »

I would point out that my dying to gate guns was entirely my fault. I am aware of the mechanics - though it is important to explain to newbros for sure.

I do love a good pvp fleet and was getting a bit punchy for carnage. I did disobey the FC which bad - my apologies. I was hoping to get a few shots into the Atron and then warp off.

Should have remembered that the Slicer has zero tank, barely even aligned before I was dead. Another good lesson learned.

Thanks to lobevaser for taking out a fleet with no notice.