[AAR] Operation Sleepless Nights

Sterling Boirelle
Title: Events Staff, Zen Master, Teacher, Sophomore

[AAR] Operation Sleepless Nights

Post by Sterling Boirelle »

The Mission Statement of the Open House Project is to provide a space and support for pilots interested in learning the fundamentals of wormhole life. The C2 wormhole with HS/C1 statics had served this purpose for two and a half months however with the growth of the project members of the university were becoming increasingly frustrated with our dependence on random roaming connections to provide content. Therefore 8 days ago the decision was made to begin the search for a suitable c4 wormhole that met the following criteria

1. C2 and C5 static connections to ensure we will always have access to content.

2. Decent planets to allow members to set up extraction PI.

3. Empty of hostiles so as to comply with E-Uni Structure rules.

To locate this wormhole members scanned the chain to a depth of 10 or more searching for such a wormhole over the course of a week and yesterday Shintu Felper located a wormhole that met all of these requirements.

Within 6 hours of this news we had moved all of the material and ships required into a high sec connection and anchored a small POS to facilitate the taking of hole control and anchoring of the first citadel. Within two hours of this Shintu Felper, Xivik Skord, Derby Dank, Vladimir Antonovich were inside the wormhole in a variety of ships prepared to take hole control for the next 24 hours.

The ships utilized for this purpose were rolling 5 Megathrons and 2 Gnosis. After the Citadel passed its first vulnerability timer we set up shifts to ensure at any given point in the process someone would be on the lookout for new sigs or hostile ships.

This was a team effort where every member of the operation filled key roles but I want to give special thanks to Shintu for finding the wormhole and Derby for acting as our scout and coming back 40 jumps through null sec after getting killed in addition to maintaining sig watch and maintaining hole control as an alpha pilot.
Last edited by Sterling Boirelle on 2018.05.29 04:51, edited 2 times in total.
SP determines what you can fly not where you can fly.
Sagittarius Griffins
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Operation Sleepless Nights

Post by Sagittarius Griffins »

I was told to make a post by Sterling.

Joking aside, looking forward to content and huffing puffing all the gas.
Derby Dank

Post by Derby Dank »

Gather around people. I got some words of wisdom to share, wisdom I've gathered from my recent participation in the Operation Sleepless Nights.

Spoiler
Never forget to bookmark your way back after you enter a new wormhole !
Endaras Oramara
Title: Freshman

Post by Endaras Oramara »

Congrats on the new hole guys. Sounds like a nice operation you guys are running.
Xivik Skord
Title: Sophomore

Post by Xivik Skord »

Sunday night was fairly uneventful. Made my way into the hole and helped move in rolling ships. Helped with rolling the holes to establish hole control. Rest of the night was fairly uneventful with some sig watching and hole rolling before we decided to deploy the structure earlier than originally intended. Woke up to a ping about needing help rolling, logged in and was put on scout duty after Derby was put out of commision. Maintained eyes on the c5 hole while everyone else did the hard part and rolled it. We did have a tengu decide to pay us a visit, but they didn't stick around long. More hole rolling happened later in the night to ensure a successful deployment in our new home.
Vladimir Antonovich

Post by Vladimir Antonovich »

From nearly passing out watching for new signatures to tense moments flashrolling a C5 with a carrier hostile, the operation is a success!

Thank you everyone for the work, especially Xivik and Shintu for waking up for that hostile C5. Looking forward to all the lucrative and consistent content we have available now!

Of course, we tribute this success to the glory of Bob for without Him we are nothing. May He smile upon us as He did these past days.
Laura Karpinski
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Title: Director of Alliance Services, Benevolent Overlady

Post by Laura Karpinski »

Well done, and nice find Shintu.
Former CEO of EVE University
Laura Karpinski of House E-Uni, first of her name, the undocked, Khaleesi of the Campuses, mother of unistas!
Shintu Felper

Post by Shintu Felper »

At the start of this project, I went through all 39 C4s with C2/C5 on killboards and found the least active ones. Those systems were then pinned to pathfinder. When we got a roaming inbound to high class chain in Vacation House, I took two of my scanning alts and put them in systems with C4 Statics. After 24 hours I started running chains with them both daily 10-15 holes each, on average, until it would dead end into C3/C2s. It was on the fourth day that after my first alt dead ended after only a 3 chain, my other alt connected to one of the pinned holes of interest. At this point we had already connected to 2 of the 8 holes that had been flagged as low activity, but this one was completely empty. There were even still Interbus POCOs on five of the planets.

This new wormhole is going to help provide access to so much more content for the Open House Project. Gone are the days of our C1 static dead ending and us hoping for a random inbound hole. Gone are the days of not being able to roll both our holes.