[NPSI] Rail Harpies: BlackRise was AfK

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[NPSI] Rail Harpies: BlackRise was AfK

Post by Budda Sereda »

This fleet started by unpleasent surprise: due to CCP issues with chat and SF moving to resolution I lost permissions to chat channels and could not publish changes about coming fleet, so it was quite slow form-up. Anyway, we got decent numbers:

Roam members (27)
Spoiler
Backbone Brutor - Thrasher
Bdog Ormand
Budda Sereda - Harpy
Farfalla Catmobile
Fire Bush - Harpy
Forge Cuendillar - Stork
GER ST4UBS4UGER - Harpy
Gassnar Finch Zateki
Ged Sinak - Griffin
Haunting Deity - Harpy
KPYTOE KOPOBO - Harpy
Kendex - Harpy
Kento Auffrie - Tristan
Mashiro Rima - Federation Navy Comet
Mister Shushu - Cynabal
Mols Halleck - Stork
Myles Edeig
Reaper Gift - Stiletto, Maulus Navy Issue
Satoshi Tomeii - Harpy
Serg russoturisto - Harpy
Sevyn Chambernique - Burst
ThunderHawk FalconCougar
Tobias Drescoe - Harpy
Vyssa Cesaille - Svipul
Wokum - Ishkur
Xafen Katapi - Malediction
minxxy3 - Harpy
Kills and Losses

2 first killls were AfW NOsprey and Cane:

(01:42:18) Eugales
Osprey Navy Issue +76.21m

(01:51:14) Renarelle
Hurricane +61.92m

Later Reaper noticed Noctis trying to move towards nul-sec, and ... I took a chance catching him. I believe pilot had chance to escape, but panicked, was tackled and killed, together with quite an expensive pod:
(01:58:29) F7C-H0
Noctis +209.15m
Capsule +603.21m

On our roam we have noticed a gank including Praxis, baiting Nestor, and few Domies around Nen, escaped them. A bit later we have noticed Gnosis baiting and I decided to take it and try killing before the rest of his fleet arrives, he was joined by Domi. He was able to MJD away, later same with Domi. When the rest of their gang jumped into us we scattered and only an hour later from scout channel I learned about the loss of Stork: Forge made a mistake and came too close, was scrammed, and could not run away.

(02:20:58) Pynekastoh
Cynabal -207.82m
Stork -165.93m
I'm also surprised to see Mr. Shushu being caught. Now we know how does ht kill pods before the rest of the fleet can lock the target.
@Mr. Shush: I'd appreciate if you show courtesy to the fleet and stop doing this. It is great to lock and hold pod, but no need to kill it immediately. unless it is on a gate.

After that we went camping Tama and made a few kills:

(02:36:16) Tama
Ibis +0.03m

(02:44:45) Tama
Caracal +31.46m
Griffin -1.96m
Capsule +0.01m

I don't remember who exactly was the pilot who found Worm wondering around, I believe that was Fire Bush. Together with scouts he was able to catch the Worm so we killed it:
(02:54:28) Tama
Wolf +126.01m

(02:59:31) Tama
Kestrel +8.73m
Venture +1.1m
Capsule +0.01m

It was a bit boring and we went home.

On the way back Xafen found a non-flashy Retribution. We were not on the opposite side of the gate when he engaged. I called "he is not flashy", Xafen answered "I know", but it looks like plan did not work and he was killed even before guns landed a shot:
(03:08:31) Pynekastoh
Malediction -47.96m
Things happen, keep learning Xafen, thanks for scouting!

Further on the way back home we've met Salty's gang consisting from few HACs, Gila, and other nasty ships and as we had smaller numbers (part of the fleet left on the way back) I did not engage and was able to successfully escape their camp.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,117,855,127.01
ISK Lost: 423,663,321.67
ISK Delta: 694,191,805.34
Efficiency: 72.516%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    * Nice numbers even due to hick-ups with chat channel permissions.
    * Reaper is improving as a scout. I've tried to recruit him into E-Uni but he is afraid he application will be rejected due to suspicious history (almost a year in NPC corp). There were few things he could do better, I hope I called that and he improved.
    * Got a plenty of positive feedback in SF channel.

(Negative stuff)
    * I was pointed that camping without instalocker was probably not the best idea. Agree, will prepare few ships in Nou so we can reship if go camping another time.
    * Fleet composition lacked Hyena/Keres, need to call for it next fleets.
    * Was not much content, it looks like many FCs reported similar problem this week with Black Rise.