[AAR] Small gang roam + noobship duel 26/05/18

Post by Endaras Oramara »

Roam members (4)
Spoiler
HaxanEP - Atron
Trixie Lapin - Punisher
Harai Rex - Kestrel
Endaras Oramara - Merlin
Enticed by Trixie's solo antics, HaxanEP and I joined him for an impromptu roam, and were also joined by Harai a bit later. This was my first small gang action, and I had an awesome time.

Kills and Losses

Oulletta regular Ciba passed us on grid a few times, and then kindly upshipped to give us some pew-pew. He may have been thrown off by our lack of any coherent tactics or doctrine, and we took him down easily:

(01:05:30) Ouelletta
Cormorant +13.41m

After a bit of roaming, we were chomping at the bit to shoot something and slid into a small to have a crack at an Algos. We took their bait nicely and got the Algos, while at the same time being blown to smithereens by the Vengeance, Ishkur, Atron, and Jaguar that followed us in:

(01:37:09) Agoze
Algos +7.49m
Merlin -15.93m
Punisher -14.03m
Atron -10.63m

A lone Incursus was blapped:

(02:12:38) Heydieles
Incursus +8.44m

We took out a Dragoon but lost an Atron. I think this was the one where I was further off in a neighbouring system then expected while Trixie was grabbing tackle, and it may have gone better if I was more vocal and communicative on comms about my position:

(02:21:55) Pynekastoh
Atron -10.6m
Dragoon +8.33m

Can't remember what happened here. I think I landed away off from them on grid and was burning after them while Trixie did most of the work:

(02:40:50) Dastryns
Thrasher +41.06m

A Velator pilot took exception to Trixie's suspect status and courageously engaged him outside a station, with predictable results:

(02:44:59) Dastryns
Velator +3.19m

While Trixie was chatting with the Velator pilot an Enyo landed on station. We engaged and lost a Punisher and Merlin. After I warped off HaxanEP reported that the Enyo went down, and we were elated that we had some how took him down. Upon review it seems the station defences did the majority of the work. Both Trixie and I were suspect so not too sure who he aggressed to cop station guns:

(02:50:57) Dastryns
Punisher -14.07m
Merlin -13.23m
Enyo +49.42m

Joined now by Harai Rex, the boys made nice work of a Dragoon. I believe this was a close one, and may have elicited some tears in local:

(03:05:38) Ostingele
Dragoon +23.13m

We took on an Exequror, but realised there was no way we would break it. We disengaged and lost the Merlin who was scrammed. I think this was his fit: Exequror

(03:17:00) Ostingele
Merlin -10.49m

We exchanged a Punisher to nab the Vexor. It was slow going at first, and there were some concerns about how little impact we were making against it. It then became clear it was shield tanked and once we ate through to armor he melted like butter:

(03:37:11) Aubenall
Punisher -14.07m
Vexor +30.07m

As per standard operating procedure, we blew up the Tristan:

(03:44:10) Aubenall
Tristan +10.31m

We were hunting around a bit and decided to set up in a novice and wait for a Dramiel to come in. I missed initial scram and we decided to disengage. In the next moment I got within range to tackle him and we decided to continue the fight. One of us had already acted on the initial call to bail before we changed our minds. It was a pretty close thing and we might have got him if we had the additional DPS, but on this occasion the Dramiel pilot bested us:

(04:06:28) Akidagi
Merlin -10.18m
Kestrel -11.49m

All in all this was a fun informal roam, without any planned doctrine or command. We did ok isk-wise and it was a nice prelude to the upcoming small gang tournament. The main learning for me is to be more vocal in comms about where I am and what I'm doing while working in a team that doesn't have a formal leader.

Other guys please feel free to post anything I've left out or remembered incorrectly.

Cheers

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 194,837,048.22
ISK Lost: 124,713,198.34
ISK Delta: 70,123,849.88
Efficiency: 60.972%
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] Small gang roam + noobship duel 26/05/18

Post by Budda Sereda »

Good start, congrats!