[NPSI] Rail Harpies: another fun fleet

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[NPSI] Rail Harpies: another fun fleet

Post by Budda Sereda »

This time we had only 1 logy, and I feel Rotan did not have too much work, but yet was helpful quite a few times.
Also we had 2 pilots in ceptors (Xafen and Gemma) and one more joined a bit later (Reaper).
Mols in Command Dessie, and only one key non-E-Uni role was Ludi - in a T3D with probes.

Sounds almost like E-Uni fleet :)

Roam members (33)
Spoiler
Aeryn Tzun - Nemesis
Bran Rhi - Corax
BravoSierra - Harpy
Budda Sereda - Harpy
Dimitrios Bass - Tristan
Dundo Nardieu - Harpy
Fire Bush - Harpy
Gemma Solett - Malediction
General Killah - Harpy
Hans Fortean - Keres
Hartino - Executioner
Haunting Deity - Harpy
Kendex - Harpy
Ludi Burek - Svipul
MJ Noblezada
Mic H Forester
Mister Shushu - Cynabal
Mols Halleck - Stork
Prince Tojo - Maulus
Reaper Gift - Stiletto
Rotan Oskold - Kirin
Sabine Raider - Jackdaw
Satoshi Tomeii - Harpy
Sith Koroshi Dreadnought - Ares
Sterling Boirelle - Nemesis
Tobias Drescoe - Griffin
Tosawa Komarui
Vermillion Project
Wokum - Harpy
Xafen Katapi - Malediction
escaldaron - Jackdaw
josh almon - Ishkur
prothuskus - Ishkur
Kills and Losses

Xafen reported Hurricane and 2 Brutixes in a plex, they started warping back and forth and somehow caught him. Strange and interesting, I'd like to learn more about what had happened.
(01:34:07) Ostingele
Malediction -48.99m
Brutix +96.3m

There was some content around and while we waited Iteron jumped into us.
(01:48:01) Ostingele
Iteron Mark V +32.44m

Somebody (I believe it was Reaper) reported Mathodon coming from Stacmon through Ost into Agoze, we camped Ost gate in Agoze, but somehow 'scout' decided to tackle it and lost his ship... dunno why did he do that honestly, sounds like miscommunication/misunderstanding...

We moved towards BlackRise, were followed by a small gang of big ships, we run away from them but lost 1 newbro, I'm afraid he was not really ready for this speed of actions, sorry about that.
(01:54:47) Ostingele, Jita
Tristan -2.54m

(02:14:41) Akidagi
Breacher +16.59m

We camped a litt bit around Aldranette, found a small gang and smashed it:
(02:28:32) Oicx, Vlillirier
Catalyst +13.27m
Atron +4.03m
Tristan +0.68m
Tristan +8.42m
Capsule +68.16m
Tristan +7.87m
Capsule +0.01m
Svipul +47.25m
Nemesis -62.45m
Federation Navy Comet +39.91m

Mister Shishy in his worst tradition killed all pods. Just "why"?

In one of plexes we found a small gang, when we landed scouts reported unista in Punisher and I let him go, we tried to catch the rest. Apparently, it was another unista, I did realize something green on grid and called to disengage. But, not everybody respected that order so I reimbursed loss to Hank afterwards.

We lost one tackle, could not catch the rest so i called to warp off.
(02:47:07) Nennamaila
Ishkur +57.74m
Malediction -47.13m

Reaper thought that if he catches Magus we will warp to him. He did not know we can't warp to him directly, so:
Stiletto -129.52m

In Oin scouts reported Confessor and Svipul shooting each other. We were only able to kill Confessor, but it paied out SRP for ths fleet :)
(03:02:10) Oinasiken
Confessor +674.98m

We had quite a few other interesting engagements, at one point we found a non-flashy rattlesnake, fleet did excellent job by aggressing it and bouncing. In few minutes it got friends on grid and after few losses I called fleet to scatter and get the fleet on tactical.

(03:17:14) Nisuwa
Malediction -47.5m
Kirin -63.44m
Executioner -9.41m

We tried to play with that gang (Rattlesnake, Loki, Cynabal, few other ships) trying to shoot them from the range, but they were doing well and I was not sure we can break tank in time to kill at least something and did not want to commit, so we went back home.

In Nen Xafen found content again (same gang with that Magus), but i believe he landed on top of them and was killed very quickly.
(03:27:17) Nennamaila
Malediction -43.77m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,067,668,557.45
ISK Lost: 454,747,153.21
ISK Delta: 612,921,404.24
Efficiency: 70.13%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    * Interesting fleet
    * Quite a bit of content
    (Negative stuff)
    * We did not reach Tama
    * We lost quite a few scouts, I hope it was good for learning
    * I was accused for getting into scouting pilots who have no clue about how to scout properly (I believe that was NOT about either Gemma or Xafen), but... I'm inclusive and prefer to teach people and let them chance to learn than push back.
In comms I was asked if I'm going to run fleet with the same ships, so I commited to that and welcome all of you again.
https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=109702
That's most likely going to be the LAST fleet with Rail Harpies, after that I'll switch to Retributions. Retributions are OP now, so you guys have a couple of weeks to train L5 Amarr frigates.
Xafen Katapi
Title: Freshman

Re: [FLEET] Rail Harpies: another fun fleet

Post by Xafen Katapi »

Budda Sereda wrote: Xafen reported Hurricane and 2 Brutixes in a plex, they started warping back and forth and somehow caught him. Strange and interesting, I'd like to learn more about what had happened.
(01:34:07) Ostingele
Malediction -48.99m
I warped in to 100 and began aligning out as I was assessing the situation they MJD'd on top of me. I was scrammed very quickly after the Brutix pilot jumped out and died in ~4 hits. This was also the reason a couple of them were 70-90k off when you warped in to 0. This looks like the pilot's normal fit, https://zkillboard.com/kill/70029652/. They were obviously experienced in this tactic, though what frustrated me was I warped in to 100 to get eyes on grid, from a safe not in line with any celestial. They weren't on top of me at 0 on MJD activation, but close enough to scram me so I just got unlucky I guess? This was a large plex site, and my safe's are the standard 2 position (warp, drop mark, then set safe from warping off from that mark).
Budda Sereda wrote: In one of plexes we found a small gang, when we landed scouts reported unista in Punisher and I let him go, we tried to catch the rest. Apparently, it was another unista, I did realize something green on grid and called to disengage. But, not everybody respected that order so I reimbursed loss to Hank afterwards.
Apparently flashy suspect overrides green. I was also very confused upon landing, I started shooting and pointing everything before realizing one was green. I don't think both were. Luckily the unista got out and I didn't get on zkill on a uni kill there =0 Maybe some testing is in order to see if we can't modify the default uni overview a bit to prevent this confusion in the future.
Budda Sereda wrote: In Nen Xafen found content again (same gang with that Magus), but i believe he landed on top of them and was killed very quickly.
(03:27:17) Nennamaila
You don't often warp to a random moon center to get a dscan angle on things and get alpha'd off the field...c'est la vie...it was not fun coming up on grid and seeing that group pop up =/ Lesson learned, spend more time making safes in Black Rise!

I posted rather heated comments in the Spectre feedback forum about the fleet, and that was after a good hour long cool down period. Reaper Gift was the offending scout. I took particular issue with this as at the start of the fleet Gemma and I were both in DD ships, but no one x'd up for scout, so we both switched. Things went well. We gained fleet members as the night went on, +2 scouts Haunting Deity (love flying with him) and Reaper Gift. I don't generally feel it's my place to pointedly call out people on their shit mid fleet so I didn't say anything, but he didn't have clue 1 about scouting or even very basic low sec/pvp mechanics and was constantly stepping on other scouts toes. He had no concept of gate guns (glance at his zkill), no concept of dead space warping, constantly engaged targets without FC having any clue what he was doing, complaining that he died after, and the only way he could find content was warping on grid to each plex with apparently no d-scan knowledge. Without a basic clue to those things, you have no place scouting a Spectre fleet and need to be politely placed in reserve. Full disclosure, I'm hardly a skilled scout, and hope people would at least let me know I screwed something up, and what I can do to improve. At the very least I try not to get the fleet killed because of my stupidity and try to be aware of my screw ups.

If this were a uni fleet and he were a uni member, fine, no problem, teaching time, I'll throw away 100 ships gladly. I'll look up a couple classes that teach the basics, link some wiki stuff, and have fun. This was a Spectre fleet though, yes uni hosted, but Spectre nonetheless. I expect more from non-uni Spectre members, or at least not to have the non-uni member screw over the fleet, and don't want to get a fleet welp'd because a troublemaker isn't called out and told to sit down and shut up.

Call troublemakers out. If they ignore it, boot em, and primary them. Spectre FC's have done it for less offenses. If you're not willing to do that as a uni hosted Spectre event, we should probably consider not uni hosting Spectre fleets.