[FLEET] Weekly AMC WH Gas Huffing

Kevin Dogguide
Title: Sophomore

[FLEET] Weekly AMC WH Gas Huffing

Post by Kevin Dogguide »

Purpose:
This AAR will provide a detailed account of my first weekly WH gas huffing fleet put in the schedule at AMC. This AAR will be shorter than the previous AAR I prepared (linked in next paragraph) as the preamble provides a lot of the information and plan of the fleet. Please see this post for the preamble.

Introduction:
This past Wednesday was the first day of my weekly fleet in AMC to huff gas. From the inception of this fleet to the last time I prepared an AAR, I have lead one group into a WH to huff gas (no AAR was prepared for that occurrence).

On this first day of the weekly fleet there were a total of 4 participants, one person was in Mountain Standard Time zone and signed on as we were beginning to huff gas.

Objectives:
See Preamble.

Participants
A post was made in the AMC forum for interested parties to join a weekly gas huffing fleet (preamble). Due to campus OpSec rules no other posts were made in other channels.
Spoiler
Kevin Dogguide - Astero/Brutix Navy Issue/Venture
Commander Aeris - Drake/Venture
Devoros Vyndiver - Gila/Venture
Navet Okaski - Venture
Fleet preparations:
Five systems were checked for WHs, WH health, activity in system, and the suitability of the WH for huffing (how recent last kill occurred, etc.) The fifth system I checked contained a WH with a significant number of gas and other sites of interest.

Wormhole used: J134833

Gas sites in WH:
2 Ordinary Perimeter Reservoir
2 Token Perimeter Reservoir
1 Minor Perimeter Reservoir

Other signatures:
1 WH into C1-3
1 Ordinary Perimeter Deposit
1 The Line
1 Perimeter Ambush Point
1 Central Angel Command Center
1 Central Serpentis Sparking Transmitter

Bookmarks were created for each fleet member of every signature in the WH. Bookmarks were shared with fleet members via in structure trades and jetcanning in space. In addition to the above bookmarks a WH entrance, exit, and safe spot were shared.

In the fleet MOTD the WH system was linked, the number of gas sites, and the order of gas huffing was presented. Also presented were links to the gas sites themselves so that fleet members could look up NPC information. An EVE site (Fuzzwork) was consulted to determine what gas to huff first, and the order of site clearing occurred from easiest site to hardest site (token -> minor -> ordinary) .

I carried with me a mobile depot, remote repairer, probes and a launcher. At least one other person has probes and a launcher.

Significant events:
(1) All gas sites were cleared with no losses to drones or irreparable damage (in the WH) to ships.
(2) I forgot about one site, and it resulted in a team member volunteering to clear it solo. There was no loss to ship but need to pay closer attention to the number of sites I present in the MOTD and what I had scanned down.
(3) I confused the name of some structures in the rally system, and it resulted in confusion to other members. Next time I will stay in home station and share bookmarks there.
(4) We talked about mining ore after we had finished huffing gas, but believed that sleepers spawn in the ore belt in regular intervals, and decided against it without someone there and ready in a combat ship.
(5) It was mentioned that a bookmark on 'the ledge' should be created (as a safe spot) to see if any bubbles were put on the entrance. I had made a safe spot but it was many AU away from the WH entrance (was used for jetcanning gas so we could return to huff more).

Stats:
Loot (including salvage): 20,863,744.61
Gas value: 106,121,876.02
ISK delta: 126,985,620.63

FC Review
I was happy with the overall operation of the fleet. As a team we pooled our knowledge to assist in disseminating information about gas huffing in the fleet and it resulted in a more thoughtful and meaningful experience for members, from my perspective.

All the gas was taken from the cleared sites, and I personally improved my own drone skills and ship fit to have a greater impact in Ordinary Gas sites.

I will create two safe points, one on 'the ledge' and the other many AU away. The value in having a safe location in deadspace is that we would be able to jetcan gas and return to huff. If we were to do that 500 km away from the WH entrance it would be easily seen from a cloaked ship at the entrance and a trap could be set at our 'safe spot'. There is value to having a 'ledge' to assess the exit before leaving to avoid surprises. I will make one for the next fleet.

It is hoped that next week it will not take so long to find a suitable WH, but that is based on chance. I finished creating bookmarks and the MOTD with 1 minute to spare before the fleet started.
AMC Officer & Retired Senior Personnel Officer
Image Image Image Image Image