[AAR] BLAP Talwars 01/05/18

Adrien Claremont
Title: Campus Manager (NSC), FCC Staff, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[AAR] BLAP Talwars 01/05/18

Post by Adrien Claremont »

Hey

So for this fleet, I wanted to do something that would both get my head back into skirmish style doctrines and at the same time something that would be newbro friendly. I decided to fly Talwars into lowsec rather than the usual nullsec roam so that easy reshipping was an option for the fleet if I welped the lot of us.

My main intention was to just head around Black Rise and be a nuisance. I wanted to avoid any direct fleet vs fleet as we'd probably not come off very well. Instead, the plan was to bounce around and pick off light tackle and support ships for any fleets that tried to chase us down. If we could find any good fights to third party then all the better.

Roam members (26)
Spoiler
Adrien Claremont - Talwar
Auric Fulcrum - Talwar
Avern Darkwinter - Talwar
Avrin Dennard - Talwar
B'aldrick Aivoras - Talwar
Christoph Patrouette - Maulus
Decklin Quark Reiger - Talwar, Stiletto
Derby Dank - Griffin
Endaras Oramara - Talwar
Erwin Madelung - Talwar
Gyrgon - Talwar
Jehryn Caldarus - Talwar
Jorj Onzo - Talwar
Katha Habermas - Talwar
Kora K - Stiletto
Mendit Bathana - Talwar
Mols Halleck - Stork
Prince Tojo - Talwar
Rebulah Conundrum - Talwar
Union Pivo - Talwar
Yaella Charante - Talwar
Zarquu Fussuhfusus - Kitsune
Zoltan Irvam - Talwar
Zykey Jovakko - Talwar
averoth trojan - Talwar
magellan portuguese
Kills and Losses

Rather than doing the whole "+1" scout thing that we are all so used to, I asked Kora to head off up to Black Rise while the fleet was forming. I had no real interest in doing the Uniblob gank, instead hoping that he'd be able to find some nice fleets for us to pester.

Kora reported a Muninn gang and a Caracal gang in the area, both heading in our direction. As the fleet hit Black Rise, it appeared as if the Muninn fleet was heading towards highsec via Tama, so we pushed further towards Akidagi. Kora found a small gate camp while at the same time, the fleet had found a lone fighter abandoned by a citadel. I took the fleet over to the fighter to have a quick practice at anchoring and firing a timed alpha strike before we got into any real fights. What I didn't do was to articulate this particularly well to Kora, who went for tackle on the gate camp expecting us to join him shortly. Sorry Kora!

(18:55:57) Pynekastoh
Stiletto -41.17m
Capsule -0.01m

(18:58:15) Kedama
Satyr I +1.97m

While we repositioned, 3 flashy interceptor pilots landed at our out gate while our fleet was at a ping just off it. Expecting a sizeable fleet to be close behind, I fleet warped everyone at 50km range to a medium plex. I called for the fleet to immediately align out expecting the flashy interceptors to follow. Of course they did, and we managed to alpha one of them just as the main fleet landed on top of us. Because everyone was disciplined and aligned, I warped the fleet straight out to a belt hoping that they would follow allowing us to do the same again.

Rather than following, they proceeded to call us names in local because we wouldn't brawl their HAC fleet at zero in destroyers. That was the end of that. I'd have liked to poked these guys a little more, however they didn't seem to move and with deadspace mechanics I wasn't comfortable that we'd be able to position ourselves far enough at range to stretch out their tackle on the medium so we moved on.

(19:01:01) Kedama
Malediction +59.49m

We carried on our way and found a Coercer gang that wanted to fight. They had less numbers than we did, but had managed to position themselves inside a small plex. After some confusion as to which small that was (easy mistake, right? :oops:) we took the fight. Decklin, now reshipped as our scout, caught a Thrasher outside the gate while the main fleet was sat on the wrong plex. With him gone, our fleet slid into the plex with the plan to align directly upwards upon landing. Decklin being the first to land was primaried by their fleet. Once he pulled range, I was then primaried and had to pull range too (name tank ftw). I thought I was done for, so Decklin took over target calling, however they switched damage off me so I able to resume target calling. While this might have been confusing for some, hopefully the commands, regardless of who was calling them, were still clear to everyone because we did a good job. Without tackle, some of their fleet started to warp off. Free fire was then called to take down everything and anything left.

Sadly they managed to catch our Command Destroyer.

(19:27:49) Nennamaila
Thrasher +3.37m
Stork -102.07m
Imperial Navy Slicer +26.41m
Talwar -10.85m
Coercer +14.26m
Coercer +20.53m
Coercer +14.68m
Talwar -12.16m
Coercer +14.26m
Capsule +0.01m

I'm not sure what happened here, but possibly someone was lost? I do not remember this loss being mentioned at all during the fleet. If you ever find yourself struggling to keep up or you are lost, then please please please speak up. It's absolutely not a drama at all for the fleet to wait while we get you back to the group.

(19:36:10) Hikkoken
Talwar -10.83m
Capsule -0.01m

Decklin caught us a Comet outside a plex while we were bouncing around harassing small stuff.

(19:39:15) Nisuwa
Federation Navy Comet +28.1m

Other than that, we found quite a few small gangs in the area which sadly were not up for a fight with us. We chased a small retribution gang for about 6 or 7 jumps before giving up. We turned down a fight with a Confessor gang who were positioned inside a plex with T2 logi which I didn't think was a particularly fair fight. Oh, and we stumbled upon what looked like a recon trap however they were outside of our target range when we landed and they warped.

For me, it was a busy fleet. Towards the end, there was a lot of chatter going on between myself and our scouts which might have been confusing however everyone appeared to understand what we were doing. We did a lot of a fleet warps bouncing all over the place too. Hopefully everyone enjoyed themselves.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 183,076,623.76
ISK Lost: 177,099,155.01
ISK Delta: 5,977,468.75
Efficiency: 50.83%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
  • Fleet was diciplined throughout, which I thought worked particularly well for the brief engagement with the Muninns. It's a shame they didn't follow after us as I'd have liked to do that again.
  • It felt to me as though the extended newbro speech and small practical we did really helped focus everyone once the fleet got underway properly.
  • I learnt "Purple Box" is now a thing.
  • I also felt the hand off between myself and Decklin, during a fleet fight with broadcasts, went well. I'd be interested to hear other peoples opinions though as I imagine it might have been a little chaotic if it was your first fleet.
    (Negative stuff)
  • Miscommunication between myself and Kora cost him his ship.
  • Unaccounted newbro loss. Even though I made an effort to always check with people that they were keeping up with the fleet, understood what was going on and if they had any questions, it looks as though we still might have lost a straggler somewhere.
  • Quite a few people ran away from us. I'd have liked to fought more.
  • I turned down that Confessor fight. I think it was still the sensible option as I didn't want to welp a newbro fleet, but at the same time I feel like it could have been a decent learning opportunity for everyone (particular me, the more fleet fights the better) and you never know, we might have taken down a couple and won the isk war.
So yeah, a fun fleet for me and I hope everyone enjoyed it!

For those taking part in the CCI, this fleet will count as a HSC participation event: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/CCI
For those who lost a ship, don't forget that you can claim back through the Uni SRP: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/SRP#Uni_ ... sements.29
Finally as I am taking part in the FCC, please fill in the FC Feedback Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1

Thanks to everyone that came out to take part in the fleet. The more people that join Uni fleets, the more we can do, so please keep coming too! I'll do something next week too, so look out for another fleet advert appearing shortly.

Thanks to both Kora and Decklin for our scouts.

Please let me know your feedback, good or bad.

Cheers guy.