Post by Yrgrasil »

Roam members (5)
Spoiler
Atticus Vex
De W Javqe - Caracal
Erwin Madelung - Caracal
Jehryn Caldarus - Caracal
Yrgrasil - Caracal
This time we got sadly just four people, i think (or hope) this is mostly through the bad time this fleet started. Through the low numbers we had either the choice to downship or use some of the Caracals as Tackle, i decided to do the last one and we refitted two of them with triple LSE and Point.
After the regular Introduction we headed out to our Null Connection which should bring us to http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/The_Spire ... #npc_delta right next to Outer Passage, were i have some good experience to hunt at.

Interesting was the System we got out after the WH which wasn't the above mentioned, instead we landed in http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Branch/1G-MJE#npc_delta , it took me a really long time to figure out what exactly happened and to check where to go now, but since we saw already a sabre on dscan, we tried to make the best out of the actual situation.

We started first shooting the Sabre on the Gate, which just took the gate as he was around half armor, at this time already a Malediction was on Grid and started to tackle us, i made a huge mistake and called for anchor and aligned myself already to the sun, but didn't moved the fleet out of the bubble before, so we had spend several seconds moving through it first. Also both Sleipnirs started shooting us and at some point i just decided to warp the fleet out, sacrificing one of us to get some time at least. As usual warping to the Sun is in most cases a really bad idea, and we got caught there again and the rest of the fleet got slowly dismantled.

Since i wasn't pointed i warped off again to some gate but the malediction was again fast enough to catch me in time, i played a bit with them the kiting game and at some point they just let me warp to the wh again where already a bubble was placed.

Kills and Losses

(13:39:19) 1G-MJE
Caracal -33.22m
Caracal -16.65m
Caracal -14.72m
Caracal -32.17m
Capsule -0.71m

Afterwards we got another clip of ships and used some Wormhole to Domain near Providence and did a short sightseeing tour around there, on comms were some impromptu EvE Politics 101 Discussion, which was quite nicely. After checking two pockets we went back home since we didn't really saw something interesting on the way.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 0
ISK Lost: 97,454,677.06
ISK Delta: -97,454,677.06
Efficiency: 0%

Learnings so far:
- That wormhole thing has really confused me, probably i should've checked all the Dotlan Stuff outside of the system itself.
- i'am not really used to drones, need a big shiny Note somewhere to remember them, if i had called drones out earlier we would probably had scared the ceptor off
- i need to get used to this anchor, moving through the bubble wasn't actually the best idea i had today
- T1 BLAP Caracals, or Pilots have a ridiculous low amount of DPS/Range
- The Tackle Caracal had worked actually quite nicely, since this was also intended to test some possible QRF doctrine, which actually should've dedicated tackle in form of at least a Keres, this fit could be an nice addition (stolen from tuskers btw).

I hope the fleet was still fun (or at least not that bad as the Efficiency shows) for all participants, and i'am sorry for the confusion in the beginning which actually messed up all my plans.
Jehryn Caldarus
Title: Freshman

Re: [AAR] Solitude BLAP/QRF Caracals [2018-05-01T13:00]

Post by Jehryn Caldarus »

Was still a fun fleet despite the confusion near the start and the lack of content towards the end. Was nice to get to see the solitude campus at least as I've never been there before.
Erwin Madelung
BANNED
BANNED
Title: Solitude Officer, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Solitude BLAP/QRF Caracals [2018-05-01T13:00]

Post by Erwin Madelung »

Sorry about that wrong labeled WH again. I have no idea how this happened. But it was definitely my fault.