[Birthday Fleet] Nano-phoons

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[Birthday Fleet] Nano-phoons

Post by Budda Sereda »

This was an interesting, educational, and fun fleet. I think it went better than both previous BS and latest Small Nano-Gang, at least I did not do that much mistakes (or they were not as fatal).

We got a decently sized fleet, with 3 ceptors, 5 BSs, Keres, 2 Hyenas, Scimitar and 4 Scythes, and many Caracals (around a dozen) in support. Few pilots joined as we were during the roaming

Roam members (28)
Spoiler
Aaron Wisest - Caracal, Velator
Budda Sereda - Typhoon, Omen
Conci Furiram - Malediction
Erwin Madelung
Gemma Solett - Bifrost
Gyrgon - Hyena
Harai Rex - Stiletto
Irrilian - Typhoon
Iskarr Jarak - Typhoon
Jehryn Caldarus - Caracal, Velator
Kirsi Isrik - Caracal
Lamborghini Gallente - Scythe
Lord Bartok - Caracal
Malcolm Havoc - Caracal
Matheus Esp - Blackbird
Mols Halleck - Arazu
Prince Tojo - Malediction
Reed Gryphon - Scythe
Rikali Laru - Hyena
Sone Eto - Maulus
Staberinde - Caldari Navy Hookbill, Incursus
The Jojosh - Scythe
Tylenos Targas - Keres
Xafen Katapi - Caracal
Yrgrasil
Zeon Alabel
Zoltan Irvam - Caracal
We started by successfully (excluding a minor incident, which will remain out of AAR) escaping from Salty's gang in Dastryns: they prepared a warm 'happy birthday' in a form of a dozen sized BS fleet with support of 3 faxes. I believe they assumed every unista will undock a BS... :) God know how many people would they also batphone and I decided to keep going.

In Frarie we were able to catch a random Gila, it was crashing gate betwee Frarrie and Eugales so not everybody landed on a killmail:
(19:44:19) Frarie
Gila +245.48m

Fight with Salty

At this point Daniel Essig asked me in my channel if we are still forming up. I told that we are not willing fighting a gang of capitals and offered them to follow us into a Black Rise. Daniel agreed and brought 8 BSs (7 RR Domies and 1 Apoc).

That was a bit too much for us, but why don't we try in a kity doctine? Nothing prevents us to warp away other than own mistakes...

In simple words: we could not break them. Plus only during the fight, I realized that Pyfa by default displays DPS without considering reload time and Typhoons instead of 944 DPS, have only 655. We tried to break Apoc, switched to Domi. We were breaking them up to 50-60% in armor and they stabilized at this point.

I was considering coming closer with our core ships to apply some neuts... Not sure if that would help to reduce repping power of Domies but that would put us into danger of not being able to disengage.

I asked fleet to add some heat, warned to not burn guns, and burned my own... :( seriously? I called us to dock-up.

(20:02:14) Renarelle
Caracal -14.2m
Caracal -14.57m
Caracal -25.96m
Caldari Navy Hookbill -21.7m
Caracal -19.44m

(20:14:20) Renarelle
Mobile Micro Jump Unit +3.58m

Interesting, that some Caracals were pretty much alphaed from the grid.

Somebody made an assumption they have Reactive Armor Hardener... and advised us to reload with different ammo types.
Another new thing was to degroup 1 launcher and spread DPS to different opponents trying to confuse them so they don't prelock the primary...

In few minutes we had one more fight, with the same result: they had a small gang and an attempt to confuse by shooting a non primary with a single launcher did not help. Also, they did not have RAH and we still could not break them, even though 2 of Salty pilots DCed and could not participate:

(20:21:59) Vlillirier
Caracal -13.8m

At some point, I was primaried, and barely able to survive by pulling range and overheating all my mid slots... No surprise many Caracals where almost alphaed/killed.

Not that fight outcome surprised me, that was something I indeed expected. We got a chance to practice kitnig, not sure if somebody was really able to run away by being primaried, but that was the goal, hope execution will come next time.

And after the fight, Daniel shared his fit:
Spoiler
[Dominix, Spider ArmorBuff - Daniel's]

Damage Control II
1600mm Steel Plates II
1600mm Steel Plates II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Sensor Booster II
Warp Disruptor II
500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800

Large Remote Armor Repairer II

Large Trimark Armor Pump I

Vespa EC-600 x5
Bouncer II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Ogre II x5
Hammerhead II x5

Scan Resolution Script x1
Navy Cap Booster 800 x29
ECCM Script x1
Will I engage Salty again next time? Maybe returning from roaming.

Not sure what happened with this loss, it looks like we lost one of us during the fight with Domies in a ... belt?
(20:21:59) Renarelle
Caracal -17.27m
Kudos for reshipping and joining, but ... why?

Fight with Phoenix and Harbies

We moved on. There was some bigger content in Renarelle and Vlillirier, but I chosed to not engage it. In Nennamaila on a gate to Akidagi we found a Phoenix. We could not break 6 Domies, why would we engage a dread? But... Harai called for content, and... again, keep practice kiting... warp at range should, what could go wrong?

I was primaried and pretty much alphaed when I landed (because we did not warp at range, but at 0. Again, overheated all midslots I was able to pull the range and stabilize:
We pulled the range and get back to safe shooting from range... ensured we can't break it (could we?) we disengaged...

In a minute, scouts reported a big gang of BCs (primarily Prophecies) landing on a grid, and called to 3rd party. We did warp at 50, started applying to Phoenix, but Prophecy pilots were gready and switched DPS to us.
When we landed I called to align to the sun, but when I was primaried... I must have messed up something because was not able to warp away in time: I just could not imaging those folks will immediately switch to us.

(20:45:42) Nennamaila
Caracal -19.01m
Typhoon -213.6m

The good thing is they lost quite a few ships later on and Phoenix pilot cynoed few faxes :)

Fight with dessies and AFs

After reship we jumped through the gate camp, went to Kinakka and back to Nennamaila through Oicx. Next time we found content only in Nen :)

There were few small ships in plex, unfortunately, we lost both scouts, but were able to secure a kill of AF and clear the grid:
(21:24:24) Nennamaila
Malediction -45.68m
Stiletto -39m
Hyena -36.58m
Retribution +141.21m
Maulus -4.36m

(21:36:47) Loes
Velator -0.05m

Fight with Stabbers

We had a very interesting fight in Pynekastoh. It was a gang of 6-7 Stabbers, I called Irrilian to bait, he did his job successfully, but either I was too slow to get fleet on grid, or something else, but Irrilian was down in literally 20 seconds...

Those stabbers with T2 fit can apply 484 DPS with heat and drones, at least 2 of them where meta fit. 7 Of them could apply 3k EHP, with all modules OHed, Typhoon can tank 2k EHP with aplha-character skills for 1 minute, it means to break it, Stabbers would need to shoot it for almost 2 minutes... :(

In any case, our bait went down before we landed. But once we did we cleared the grid:
(21:42:34) Pynekastoh
Typhoon -225.79m
Incursus -7.84m
Stabber +26.15m
Scythe +21.68m
Scythe -14.45m
Scythe +23.65m
Merlin +6.18m
Stabber +44.63m

2 fights in Kedama

The last 2 fights we had were in Tama. Fleet was on Sujarento gate. Expecting to engage a HS gate camp fleet aligned to Nou gate, but we had a bunch of frigates landed on us. I forgot that we pulled the range and we lost few of us without shooting back.

(22:14:27) Renarelle, Tama
Velator -0.05m
Scythe -35.14m
Blackbird -16.36m

Random tristan engaged me:
Tristan +6.3m

Once we regroupped, We warped to Nou gate at 100, aligned back to Sujarento, and tried to kill small things. I guess we did not have much DPS to break small things, they had some reps to keep their Stork and Daredevil alive... so that's only losses.
Scythe -19.24m
Caracal -34.98m
Omen -40.19m
Typhoon -211.88m
Malediction -47.65m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 518,888,928.37
ISK Lost: 1,138,757,100.24
ISK Delta: -619,868,171.87
Efficiency: 31.303%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    * Was fun, interesting and educational.
    * Get quite a few fights and won 1.
    * ALL snowflake pilots survived, everybody who was flying T2 ships were able to keep their ships intact: Scimitar, Arazu, Keres, 2 Hyenas - GREAT JOB GUYS!
    (Negative stuff)
    * We had quite a few unnecessary losses.
    * We did not really benefit from having BSs in fleet. I do believe we could win a fight with those Stabbers even if we had all pilots in cruisers.
    * Even though I called fleet to potentially coming into nul, many were in non-empty pods and even lost them. Those losses are excluded from the report
P.S. Ceptor pilots were provided with the extended SRP from FC. And just if you hesitate: you are ALSO eligible to E-Uni SRP, go ahead and submit it. Loosing ceptors in my fleet is a profitable thing. Just don't do this on purpose :)

P.P.S. Please fill-in the FCC feedback form if you want your comment to stay anonymous: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1
Gemma Solett
Title: Sophomore

Re: [Birthday Fleet] Nano-phoons

Post by Gemma Solett »

Looks like I missed out on a decent fleet :(

PSU died on my computer, got back in once but it went down again and I decided it wasn't a good idea to continue running my computer while it smelt like burning electronics.

That bifrost would've survived if it weren't for ewarp, I was safely tethered just sorting out modules when I crashed.

Looks like you had a decent fleet anyway, happy birthday and happy flying! o7
Gyrgon
Title: Mentor, Sophomore

Post by Gyrgon »

Budda Sereda wrote: * ALL snowflake pilots survived, everybody who was flying T2 ships were able to keep their ships intact: Scimitar, Arazu, Keres, 2 Hyenas - GREAT JOB GUYS!
This is not quite true, as I lost my Hyena (and two scouts lost their Inties) during the fight with the AF / T3D gang outside the complex in Nen. Unfortunately, I had to log off shortly after and did not rejoin for the short amount of time I had left and haven't had time to contact you about SRP yet :wink:

Was still a fun fleet, I just need to get a bit more practice manual piloting against small ships.
HSC | NSC | (Solitude) || Former Mentor | Former SRP Staffer

Feeling lost or overwhelmed? Request an E-UNI Mentor today!
Biwako Acami
Title: Assistant Manager (Fittings), Ensign, Graduate, Management

Post by Biwako Acami »

Belated Happy Birthday!

I'm sad I missed the fleet. I dozed off half way to the fleet in my travel ceptor so I had to back out.
Just a humble scout
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Gyrgon wrote:
Budda Sereda wrote: * ALL snowflake pilots survived, everybody who was flying T2 ships were able to keep their ships intact: Scimitar, Arazu, Keres, 2 Hyenas - GREAT JOB GUYS!
This is not quite true, as I lost my Hyena (and two scouts lost their Inties) during the fight with the AF / T3D gang outside the complex in Nen. Unfortunately, I had to log off shortly after and did not rejoin for the short amount of time I had left and haven't had time to contact you about SRP yet :wink:

Was still a fun fleet, I just need to get a bit more practice manual piloting against small ships.
Ups, true, missed Hyena loss.
And yeah, scouts died, but yet, Scimitar and Arazu survived :)
Sent you SRP too.
Belated Happy Birthday!

I'm sad I missed the fleet. I dozed off half way to the fleet in my travel ceptor so I had to back out.
LOL, thanks!
Irrilian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Honorary Member, Director Emeritus, Graduate

Post by Irrilian »

Do not count that Typhoon loss in your assessment of how the fleet went. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I'm very sure it's entirely my fault: I don't think I activated the Ancillary Shield Boosters.

I think in future I'll stick to things I'm less terrible at rather than trying to plug gaps with stuff I've never flown before.

Sorry Budda Sereda :(
Jehryn Caldarus
Title: Freshman

Post by Jehryn Caldarus »

Thanks for running this one Budda, was nice to have the chance to fly with some bigger boats! Sorry I couldn't stay through to the end...
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Irrilian wrote:Do not count that Typhoon loss in your assessment of how the fleet went. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I'm very sure it's entirely my fault: I don't think I activated the Ancillary Shield Boosters.

I think in future I'll stick to things I'm less terrible at rather than trying to plug gaps with stuff I've never flown before.

Sorry Budda Sereda :(
Omg :( and true, killmail shows booster intact... :)
The fleet went as it went, I'm sure everybody did his best, same as i tried to. Yet, as you remember, I did admit doing mistakes... And switching to a new hull is always hard... It happens, don't worry, that was a learning fleet: let not mistakes stop you from trying.
Sorry if I was too harsh in comments above