[AAR] Solitude WH dive

Kai-Alon Deninard
Director of Finance
Director of Finance
Title: Graduate, WHC Officer, Chancellor of the Exchequer

[AAR] Solitude WH dive

Post by Kai-Alon Deninard »

If you weren't on this dive, you missed out! Bob's impish sense of humor was in full force and we had a bit of everything: getting dunked, rolled holes, EOL holes, and just about anything that could go wrong in WH space.

We formed up in Boystin with 9 BC Dive-a-buff DPS, two scouts, and 2 T2 BLAP Augurors. Xafen Katapi had done a rockstar job of scanning down several suitable C3 and C2 WHs to dive, so I felt pretty good about the evening. Xafen had reported a big PvP fleet in Vevelonel, which is generally the home of the Filthy Peasants, so my first choice hole next door in Anckee was off the table. Still we had another excellent C2 and a C3 that was safe, but only had three anomalies up. Xafen had found another C3 in Yveve, which was flush with sites. I made the decision to dive that one, which was my first mistake - that was still too close to the Peasants. On our way in, we passed a Sabre on the gate to Conomette in Y9G. We passed by and I didn't check the corp. That was mistake 2, as the Sabre turned out to be a scout for the Peasants' fleet.

We dove the hole and pretty soon after an Arazu showed up on d-scan, followed by combat probes. Xafen's bookmarks hadn't propagated into the Soli exploration bookmarks folder, so I held us at our safe until they did. We warped back to the entrance hole, and saw nothing on dscan. At this point I should have called it and moved back into Soli high sec. Instead, we warped to clear a gas site for Cryptic Sharvas, who had come along for some huffing.

Very shortly thereafter, our scout reported a large fleet entering the system,including Hurricanes, Hurricane fleet issues, a Sliepnir, a Harbinger, the aforementioned Arazu and a Lachesis. Combat probes came back out. After considering options, I decided to try to bounce us around and back out the hole, since no interdictors were seen. As we bounced to another wormhole in the system, the lachesis warped in and tackled on of our DPS and took it down

(-1 DPS, 43.8 M)

At that point, Ithe hole was still camped, so our scouts tried to get us a safe. The Peasant's fleet was in warp too quickly though, so we splashed the hole deeper into the chain. At this point, I was little rattled and waited too long for a safe to get called, rather than fleet warping us to the various POCOs in system, so that when they warped in, splashing the C2 hole was the only option I saw. I called for logi cap chain and boosts up and prepared to fight while the scout tried to find us another hole. Being a C2, a high sec static was likely. Our old friend MasterGlorfy jumped in with the Lachesis, followed shortly by the Peasant's DPS wing. They had far too much DPS for our logi - despite landing reps, our DPS went down quickly. I called for folks to splash back through, thinking if we could get in warp before the Lachesis could exit and lock, we could still make it out. That didn't work, and we lost both logi and 5 DPS (- 321.2 M)

Through great skill on the part of the survivors, they got out to a high sec system - 2j from Jita! - and the Peasants started rolling the hole. They gave this up and roamed back up the chain to Yveve and then to Y9G, giving our stranded folks an opportunity to return.

Despite this bad start, a small group of us decided to continue and we reshipped and headed for our other marked C3, only to discover it was EOL and had been checked last over 4 hours prior. Not wanting to tempt fate, I moved us to our C2, which I had also peeked into an hour prior to the fleet and was not EOL. We quickly found that someone had rolled the hole, since when our scout arrived at the bookmark the hole was gone. Not to be daunted, we found a new signature in a nearby system and scanned it down to find another C3 system. However, when our scout entered the system, he found 3 large mobile warp disruptors on dscan.

At this point, I called the fleet over, figuring that discretion was the better part of valor.

We ended at -365 M, and an efficiency of 0%, which means that my second try at FCing a wormhole dive can only be better. :D

What went well:
- I was pleased with my prepped info for new folks in WHs. The emphasis on the need to keep eyes on dscan let us see the Arazu coming early enough that we at least had a fighting chance.
- Good attitudes from the fleet, being willing to give me another chance to find them content that was less painful.

What went poorly:
- I made a couple of bad decisions early on that pretty much bonked us. Knowing the peasants were forming up, I should have stayed clear ofSoli lowsec. Because we found the hole later, I didn't have the quality or quantity of bookmarks that I should have.
- If I had taken the battle in the C3, I could have potentially extracted the fleet through the out gate and jumped back into high sec through the Yveve<->Yvelet gate.
- Comms were a bit messy and I didn't do a good job managing this.

Fleet members:
Kai-Alon Deninard - Logi/FC
jammer Atruin - DPS
Exorcist Wraith - DPS
Dgdsgy Foobar - DPS/2IC (alt: scout)
Calder Ormand - Logi
Reichat Oughto - DPS
Vors Voorhorian- DPS
Gringo Smoothie- DPS
Etienne Oort- DPS
Conci Furiram- DPS
De W Javqe - Scout
Xafen Katapi- DPS
Xafen Katapi
Title: Freshman

Re: [AAR] Solitude WH dive

Post by Xafen Katapi »

We got got in the first C3 by a roaming PvP fleet, ok Bob, np, that'll happen.
C3 EOL, well, ok Bob, I understand, that was the wrong hole for us.
C2 rolled...Bob, bro, chill out.
New C3 with at least some chance of anom runnins. Check check, 3 mobile warp dis.....Bob...dude...dude...

I can't say I've experienced quite that chain of "Bob's in a bad mood" events before. I could hardly stop laughing while calling out the mobile warp disruptors and right now am laughing at the pure absurdity of it all lol...
De W Javqe
Title: Sophomore

Post by De W Javqe »

Eh... I guess it could have gone better...

But it's a learning experience and that's why we are here. E-UNI for the WIN!

It was kinda sad that we couldn't do better, but we could've done even worse.
PvPer that still stays in HSC.
Image Image Image Image
MasterGlorfy

Post by MasterGlorfy »

Thanks for the fight! Seems like you already know a fair bit of what went wrong for you guys, but if you ever need help/advice/back-up, feel free to convo.

We are, by the way, recruiting anyone interested in moving beyond the university format and wants to participate in small to mid gang fights like that.