[AAR] NoP, Shield Assault Frigates 24/04/2018

Adrien Claremont
Title: Campus Manager (NSC), FCC Staff, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[AAR] NoP, Shield Assault Frigates 24/04/2018

Post by Adrien Claremont »

I just wanted to start this AAR by saying a big thank you to everyone that turned up. 30 members in fleet is a big number recently, of which the majority are names completely new to me. Hopefully flying with me as FC wasn't too painful and everyone will continue to show up week after week. :D

Roam members (31)
Spoiler
Adrien Claremont - Harpy
Athena Firefly - Harpy
Auric Fulcrum - Griffin
Avern Darkwinter - Thrasher
Conci Furiram - Harpy
Darth Galifreia - Merlin
Dominic Altol
Dunar Dolorgiet - Kirin
Eadrom Vintarus - Burst
Endaras Oramara - Merlin
Erwin Madelung - Kirin
Glen Burney - Stiletto
Hideo Date - Jaguar
Hilgara Maricadie - Incursus
Ignar Anthar - Executioner
Iskarr Jarak - Ishkur, Merlin
Johnny Haugwitz - Merlin
Mendit Bathana - Executioner
Mols Halleck - Stork
Prince Tojo
Rebulah Conundrum - Ishkur
Rider Isleman - Stiletto
Rikki Bigg - Burst
Rohan Amadeus - Hyena
Thibauld Solette - Atron
Toma Heleneto - Kestrel
Tye Etch - Bantam
Union Pivo - Harpy
Zoltan Irvam - Atron
arai skull darkthrone - Executioner
xtx loki - Atron
While we had the numbers, sadly "content" wasn't necessarily on our side. We found little in the way of ganking opportunities, however I feel that those fights that we did find were nice, simple engagements that all of our newbros got to take part in. We even managed to successfully boosh a couple of times, which I believe was a completely new mechanic to a lot of people.

Finally a big thank you to HCOOK for the fleet fight. It's not often that we win against them, but they are always up for a brawl. This one I felt was fairly evenly matched and again, provided a great experience for all our newbros.

We started the fleet with a fairly extensive Newbro Speech, which did start to drift over the 15mins I'd allotted for it. If anyone thought I was just rambling on too much or if, after the fleet, you thought there was something that I missed then please let me know.

At roughly 1835, we departed from Stacmon and made our way up the pipe. The pace was a little slower than normal getting into Black Rise however that was intentional due to large number of newbros on their first fleet. I also intentionally did not fleet warp for the majority of the fleet, to force people to fully pay attention. Again, if you thought the fleet was moving too slow even as a newbro, please let me know so that I can adjust for future fleets.

Kills and Losses

(18:53:33) Vlillirier

Fairly standard gank. The Myrm was at range when the scouts landed and by the time the main fleet reached the plex, the fight was roughly 180km from the beacon. We booshed 100km to close the distanced quickly, and overheated our MWDs to make up the rest of the range. He went down without much of a fight.

Someone asked at the time why do we not close to 100km first before we boosh during the fleet. I don't think I articulated my reasoning that well at the time, but it was easier to boosh first and burn second as the entire fleet was already grouped up and anchored at the beacon. To burn first would stretch the fleet out (due to a wide range of player skill points) and waste time as the fleet would then need to group up again at 100km.

Ishkur -52.67m
Myrmidon +94.64m

(19:09:48) Pavanakka

While scouting around on his own, Glen was engaged by a Vexor on a gate. Gate guns don't always work against us!

Vexor +52.59m

(19:18:26) Akidagi

Again, fairly standard UniBlob gank. Rider found a Typhoon alone at a large, named something like "insurance fraud". Tackle was called and in the fleet went. We keep at range to avoid smart bombs and chewed him up fairly quickly.

Merlin -11.55m
Typhoon +225.14m
Capsule +23.93m

(19:28:39) Nennamaila

We found a HCOOK Retribution fleet perched off a gate. Their fleet was about half the size of ours, however obviously more disciplined and slightly more shiny as we've come to expect from out good friends in HCOOK. I think both FCs here had the same idea as we both fleet warped to the only small at roughly the same time, and the fleets slide into the plex together.

I called their Command Destroyer as primary first to prevent the classic HCOOK separation boosh, and to see how we held out against their T2 Logi. We couldn't break their CD, so we switch to a Deacon. After a short while, the first Deacon started to catch reps so we hard switched to a second Deacon, attempting to catch their Logi out. Nearly worked as we managed to get the second Deacon into structure before they managed to catch reps properly. At this point, with our own Logi wing down and the fleet starting to bleed DPS ships I fleet warped us away leaving behind those that HCOOK already had trapped.

For me, the turning point would have been the second Logi. If we could have taken that Deacon down, their Logi wing might have collapsed allowing us to stay in a fairly even fight.

gf HCOOK :)

Burst -3.66m
Jaguar -49.2m
Hyena -58.57m
Burst -3.66m
Kirin -50.6m
Bantam -13.09m
Harpy -50.57m
Stork -115.65m
Kirin -48.97m
Harpy -49.66m
Capsule - Genolution 'Auroral' 197-variant -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

After that, those of us that remained repaired and reshipped before heading back out. I didn't think about it at the time, but now I wish that I'd asked HCOOK to team up against the Maller fleet that was already in the Akidagi area. Oh well! We didn't find anything else for the remainder of the roam.

Stats

ISK Destroyed: 396,293,186.9
ISK Lost: 507,864,532.12
ISK Delta: -111,571,345.22
Efficiency: 43.83%

Hopefully everyone enjoyed themselves, I know I did. It's been a long time since I've FC'd, so for me it was great to find a fairly evenly matched fleet on fleet fight on the first night.

Thanks again for everyone that turned out and put up with me as FC.

For those taking part in the CCI, this fleet will count as a LSC participation event: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/CCI
For those who lost a ship, don't forget that you can claim back through the Uni SRP: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/SRP#Uni_ ... sements.29
Finally as I am taking part in the FCC, please fill in the FC Feedback Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1

Cheers
Zoltan Irvam
Title: Teacher, Freshman

Re: [AAR] NoP, Shield Assault Frigates 24/04/2018

Post by Zoltan Irvam »

btw. sb. finished the job with the HC Deacon soon afterwards...

http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org/?a=ki ... _id=481901

Thanks for an enjoyable NoP fleet!

Cheers,

Zoltan
Necses

Post by Necses »

Adrien Claremont wrote:gf HCOOK :)
Don't call us cookies. Cookies is just a corp of the alliance. Thanks
Hideo Date
Title: Personnel Officer, Jilo's New Personal Assistant, Sophomore

Post by Hideo Date »

This was some very professional FCing from Adrien! And thanks to (not cookies) for the explosions!

Damn I am so sorry guys...always thought HCOOK was the alliance ticker :P

Check out my blog at hideodate.WordPress.com

EX-Comms Manager and PO
Adrien Claremont
Title: Campus Manager (NSC), FCC Staff, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Adrien Claremont »

Necses wrote:Don't call us cookies. Cookies is just a corp of the alliance. Thanks
6 was still the highest number of pilots from any specific corp. :wink:

Sorry for any offence. Captain Cean and HCOOK are the Salt Farmers I've fought most against in the past. I'll try to get it right next time.

gf USUCK
Endaras Oramara
Title: Freshman

Post by Endaras Oramara »

Enjoyed this fleet, great FCing style and very newbro friendly. Even got some fleet v fleet action. Picked up a few tactical pointers as well. Hope to get to more of these RL and TZ permitting.

Thanks
Athena Firefly
Title: Sophomore

Post by Athena Firefly »

Awesome fleet and great leading from Adrien, as always!

I didn't really reflect on it at the time, but reading through this AAR and seeing the manual warping was completely intentional and the reason for it, I must say it was a great and clever strategy. I remember my very first fleet (which, incidentally, was also FC'ed by Adrien) when I had just joined the Uni, and the problems and confusions I was having then trying to get a handle on it all, so things like that forced manual warping might not seem obvious but is actually a great teaching tool for new players to learn the basics!

Very good job, Adrien! o7
~~~ I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar! ~~~

Teaching Assistant Manager | Fittings Staff
Former: NSC Manager | NSC Hangar Officer
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image