[NANO FLEET] Small Gang Thursday - Kitey Cruisers II

Glasi Vookto

Re: [NANO FLEET] Small Gang Thursday - Kitey Cruisers II

Post by Glasi Vookto »

Entriri Crendraven wrote:Just make sure the inty pilots remember they don't need to hold grid they just need to last long enough for heavy tackle when under the gun.
That is partially incorrect. In a small gang situation, there usually is no "heavy tackle", the inty is the main tackler and he should be able to hold grid as long as possible. The other dps ships may offer tackle themselves, but generally they can be pushed off-grid a lot quicker than an inty, so in that regard the inty is the "heavy tackle".
Unlike a fleet inty, the small gang inty's duty is not only to catch stuff and get initial tackle, but to keep stuff tackled throughout the fight while also screening for his gang. So he needs to be fitted to hold grid as long as possible, and when pushed off to be able to come back quickly. Hence AAR fits are often preferred to buffer fits by experienced interceptor pilots.
Entriri Crendraven

Re: [NANO FLEET] Small Gang Thursday - Kitey Cruisers II

Post by Entriri Crendraven »

Maybe you misinterpreted the meaning of what I was attempting to explain. you left of the last portion of my quoted statement
Entriri Crendraven wrote: Just make sure the inty pilots remember they don't need to hold grid they just need to last long enough for heavy tackle when under the gun. living tackle is better than dead tackle :)
I think its important that newbro's understand as tackle, they aren't always supposed to be suicide tackle. Sometimes its better to hold as long as you can and bounce off grid, instead of just trying to hold point on something that will kill them no matter what else happens. the fit doesn't matter in this reference as i was attempting to advise of piloting choices.

However unless I was mistaken wasn't budda asking about dropping a nano for an ANM? in which case he would be running an aar regardless.
Currently Enrolled in FCC 3.1
Small Gang: 5/5 | Frigs/Dessies: 5/5 | Armor Cruisers: 5/5 | Shield Cruisers: 5/5 | Experimental: 5/5
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Certainty of death, small chance of success- What are we waiting for?