[AAR] Solitude Longbow Cormorants (1600 APR 15)

Crimson Herring
Title: Solitude Staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Sophomore

[AAR] Solitude Longbow Cormorants (1600 APR 15)

Post by Crimson Herring »

Roam members (12)
Spoiler
Castor Udan
Crimson Herring
Daax Xenos - Cormorant
Dejf Maniac - Cormorant
Erwin Madelung - Cormorant
FragLord Ots - Cormorant
The Jojosh - Cormorant
Tisiphone Tagetes - Cormorant
Xafen Katapi - Cormorant
Yrgrasil - Crow
averoth trojan - Cormorant
violer - Cormorant
Kills and Losses

(16:35:58) Y9G-KS
Cormorant -7.09m
Capsule -0.01m

We lost someone pretty early, they decided to go off on their own while we were on our way to M2-CF1 looking for a war target.
I wasn't sure if the gate camp that blapped them would let us through (it was mostly Cavemen, who are at war with the same corp), and it was definitely not one we could take with our numbers, so we went with the original plan, take a wormhole to Stain and try to pick a fight there.

It took a little while, we found an Astero or two, but they safed up, docked up, or cloaked up pretty quick, and ran into a Muninn, but it also didn't want to play.

On the CJF-1P gate and VNPF-7, though, an Onyx landed on grid with us. Our scout had just cleared the VNPF-7 system, and was jumping to the next one, so I called him back and gave the command for everyone else to jump into CJF-1P, where I was hoping to rapidly burn away from the gate and get in a position to engage the Onyx. The first thing I saw when I landed, however, was a Sabre, at which point I realized I may have screwed up. He threw up a bubble and immediately jumped and bubbled VNPF-7 as well. In my surprise and confusion I gave a few conflicting commands, which resulted in the fleet being split between both systems. We ended up losing 4 out of 9 Cormorants, which honestly was 5 less than I was expecting.

(17:14:45) CJF-1P, VNPF-7
Cormorant -12.11m
Cormorant -10.57m
Cormorant -10.37m
Cormorant -11.55m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

With the remaining ships at safes in both systems, I had my scout check to see if the way through Z-XMUC was clear, us in CJF-1 went that way to regroup in VNPF-7. At this point, they had moved their camp to the LC-1ED gate in VNPF-7, which inconveniently was the way back. (Our wormhole was in J-AYLV). We still had 5 Cormorants and a Interceptor, so we tried to fight our way out. We landed about 200km out on our scout, and the Sabre started burning out while the Onyx tried warping to several tacs to get closer to us. The range and speed of the Cormorants was pretty good, so we got the Sabre, but we had some issues with anchoring and keeping range, so we lost four more Corms, and our scout.

(17:29:10) CJF-1P, VNPF-7
Capsule -0.01m
Cormorant -16.08m
Capsule -0.01m
Sabre +97.51m
Cormorant -12.58m
Cormorant -12.54m
Crow -57m

Fortunately Xafen found a Malediction on contract nearby and offered to scout the remaining 2 Corms and a rather expensive pod back to Boystin, thus averting the usual total defeat. :D

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 97,509,938.23
ISK Lost: 149,950,059.65
ISK Delta: -52,440,121.42
Efficiency: 39.404%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    I was better at making sure my ship was were it needed to be. Historically I have not been great at that.
    We got a Sabre!
    We (or at least 22.2% of we) got away!
    (Negative stuff)
    We lost someone early on because they got separated. I think most of the fleet was cloaked an they assumed we had moved to the next gate, so they jumped straight into a gatecamp.
    We had some issues anchoring. At least one person didn't know what I meant the first time, so I should probably make sure that's something I cover at the beginning of the fleet. I also need to work on not just keeping my ship at range, but everyone else's as well. With our range advantage we could have avoided most of that damage in the second engagement with better positioning. The Onyx should not have been able to hit us at all past about 60 km, and the Hurricante only seemed to be able to touch us with his drones, which we might have been able to kill.
averoth trojan
Title: Freshman

Re: [AAR] Solitude Longbow Cormorants (1600 APR 15)

Post by averoth trojan »

Late reply; i found this fleet super useful to be honest. Although i got podded at the gate bubble, i finally, sort of, realized what to do when bubbled on gate. How to try and escape, which directions, how not to take every command ad-literam and use your brain, how to use the pod saver tab or try to while tackled; soooo, thanks for that and cya at the next one!