Vors Voorhorian - Coercer, Thrasher
Vyssa Cesaille - Retribution
Xivik Skord - Catalyst, Coercer
Zykey Jovakko - Coercer
blackish person - Deacon
douchemuffin Chelien - Talwar
indCraig - Enyo
rocket Virpio - Magus
A 50-man destroyer fleet out of Stacmon. This was an NPSI Spectre fleet. Mostly it was smash-and-grab, then we fought an actual prepared enemy in Kinakka. Finally we came back, gatecamped a bit, and then fought a group of BS in Uphallant, bringing in a Carrier to complete some of the work.

Kills and Losses

First, Glen probed (poorly) a Hurricane in Dastryns. Then, we used a vanguard of about 5 people to escalate a Cyclone into a 2 Cyclones and a Battleship in Ostingele.

(01:29:47) Dastryns, Ostingele
Hurricane +95.6m
Nemesis +130.29m
Cyclone +69.06m
Cyclone +90.98m
Hyperion +295.04m

After that, we went around the back way to Aeschee, and found a few things on the way. Lost a few too, to gate guns. Pilots gotta learn somehow.

(01:58:19) Costolle
Catalyst +9.78m

(02:03:39) Hevrice
Venture +4.31m
Nemesis +54.67m
Enyo -90.02m
Malediction -43.85m
Astero +109.07m

Back in Black Rise, we did do some smashing in the Heydieles area, and got a very blingy assault frigate on a gate in Nenn. But then we heard about a decent fleet in Kinakka, and we headed up there.

(02:27:27) Fliet, Oinasiken, Heydieles
Algos -48.52m
Capsule -0.01m
Ibis +1.54m
Omen +42.85m
Rupture +41.83m
Capsule +0.01m
Ferox +83.2m

(02:43:13) Nennamaila
Tayra +28.64m
Capsule +0.01m
Navitas -8.42m

(02:51:44) Nennamaila, Aldranette
Capsule -0.01m
Hawk +616.99m
Capsule +0.01m

(03:02:21) F7C-H0
Capsule +0.01m

This was what happened in Kinakka. We were at the large plex, so there was no strategic warping. The plan was to boosh off their logi (which worked) and then kill un-repped things. They had two neuting battleships towards the middle, Glen was neuted most of the fight. Then, they had a train of arty ruptures moving pretty quickly a bit out of our range, they were well-anchored. Their logi was scattered around. You can see they primaried our ECM first.

We landed at 0 and there was a random Rupture nearby; we primaried it, but it slipped away, so we switched to a Gila, which did go down, and then we moved to a Scythe which was nearby as well. After that, their fleet was mostly at range, and their logi was successfully booshed off, so we started on the battleships. If I remember correctly we were chewing through one of the battleships slowly, but then he started getting reps so I called scatter.

I did NOT realize we were bleeding ships as quickly as we were, essentially we were on the wrong end of a shooting gallery. I think if I did this again, i would try to use Command Destroyer tactics to try to get into their Rupture ball, and with that approach, wreck their DPS and make them combat ineffective. This comp could work against their comp, but it would require a means of getting into brawl range.

(03:17:59) Kinakka
Griffin -5.69m
Kitsune -67.22m
Coercer -9.42m
Coercer -11.15m
Griffin -1.69m
Algos -17.48m
Griffin -12.74m
Magus -103.5m
Gila +250.85m
Coercer -30.79m
Scythe +38m
Catalyst -11.52m
Algos -12.64m
Griffin -4.03m
Scythe +16.86m
Hecate -59.6m
Keres -47.37m
Punisher -9.94m
Coercer -8.12m
Incursus -5.12m
Retribution -57.05m
Magus -94.52m
Hyena -45.65m
Enyo -50.19m
Wolf -63m
Hecate -71.5m
Magus -97.53m
Catalyst -12.39m
Nemesis -181.98m
Confessor -91.59m
Confessor -73.9m
Wolf -47.36m
Condor -8.81m

We went back to Ostingele and continued on with a bit of a Gate Camp, and a solo Battleship obliged.

(03:41:53) Ostingele
Probe +2.41m
Capsule +0.01m
Maelstrom +252.99m
Tristan +0.83m
Capsule +0.01m
Tristan +0.84m
Capsule +0.01m
Tristan +0.84m
Capsule +0.01m

Then, we found that Salty was starting to take an interest, so we all kind of up-shipped. We did a bit of a dance and were able to deploy a carrier, this was a first for me as FC. Other than the loss of our Tempest, I think we came out OK. Glen was pleased to MJD with about 10% structure during the final engagement, and our carrier was safe at the end, so that was good.

(04:30:57) Uphallant
Catalyst -9.21m
Coercer -10.3m
Tempest -247.91m
Hurricane -79.35m
Harbinger -69.48m
Svipul -57.94m
Thrasher -14.86m
Confessor -76.95m
Typhoon +353.98m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 2,592,081,775.29
ISK Lost: 2,083,155,152.86
ISK Delta: 508,926,622.43
Efficiency: 55.443%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    - Fun fleet, caught some good stuff, had an -actual- fleet engagement, and although we lost alot more than we killed, content is king, and I did learn 2 things:
    - Next time, let's try to use the command destroyers a bit more. Maybe instead of booshing the logi away, we could all gather around their battleships and double or triple boosh THEM away.
    - I want to remember to protect my ECM boats, or make sure they protect themselves. Maybe assign a CD to the ECM wing?
    - Was really happy to get a carrier involved, and safely too.

(Negative stuff)
    - I was sad that we lost our Tempest in the final engagement. I was personally aligned, but I should have confirmed with the Tempest pilot. I think he was closer to the enemy too, so probably pointed.

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [FLEET] NPSI Armor Destroyers 180408

Post by Budda Sereda »

Wow, in that fight in Kinakka we really lost a lot, it was not felt we lost many during the fight. This again forces me to think: how FC can learn fleet is bleeding and I guess the only way is Logy Commander to report to FC they can't land reps and we are bleeding... :(

It was a GF though.

And the good thing for me I was able to survive such a messy fight in a ceptor, though, TBH: they did not have many ceptors on a grid themselves.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [FLEET] NPSI Armor Destroyers 180408

Post by Budda Sereda »

Glen wrote:Then, we found that Salty was starting to take an interest, so we all kind of up-shipped. We did a bit of a dance and were able to deploy a carrier, this was a first for me as FC. Other than the loss of our Tempest, I think we came out OK. Glen was pleased to MJD with about 10% structure during the final engagement, and our carrier was safe at the end, so that was good.

(04:30:57) Uphallant
Catalyst -9.21m
Coercer -10.3m
Tempest -247.91m
Hurricane -79.35m
Harbinger -69.48m
Svipul -57.94m
Thrasher -14.86m
Confessor -76.95m
Typhoon +353.98m
Hi Glen, regarding this fight, ATM I don't remember details, but I guess before the fight we could speak about the 'escape path'. I don't remember you called us to warp at any specific range, I called at 30 (my optimal-ish), and landed too close to opponents... was scrammed and when it was my turn to be primaried was killed.
Not that I'm crying about loss, but if few people escaped, I guess I missed something that could help me survive the fight...?