Kordun Naskingar drew Ares Dodekatheon
Yrgrasil def Tye Etch
Marn Vermuldir drew Kordun Naskingar
Yrgrasil def Claidheamh Mor Capercaillie
Tye Etch def Kordun Naskingar
Tye Etch def Claidheamh Mor Capercaillie
FFA Winner: Tye Etch
Overview

This was my second time running running an event, and also my second time hosting the HSC Fight Club. Preparation for the event was minimal, since we already had plenty of HSC Fight Club ships on contract at the HSC. We ended up burning through a decent amount, so I’ll probably haul some replacements down later this week. The intro speech was quicker this time, and I incorporated all of the suggestions from last week (pilots choose their own bookmarks, how to access system bookmarks quicker, etc.)

Our fleet was smaller in size this week, and we had a few people drop out midway through. That being said, we still had enough for four rounds of fights, and a FFA afterwards.

Improvements

My commentary is still not great. I made more attempts this week to call out weapon types, active rep-ing etc, but we still had some occurrences of dead space (over comms) during some fights. I also was unsure of the rules regarding advertising campus-specific events in Channels and Slacks that belong to other campuses. If allowed, I might have been able to draw a bigger crowd if I advertised outside of the HSC and Alliance Channel and Slack. The biggest mistake on my part was with Mumble itself. When I joined the fleet’s Mumble channel, I was automatically placed in the command sub-channel. I didn’t realize that people whispering outside of the command channel would not be heard by those in the command channel. As a result, I couldn’t hear about a third of the fleet for most of the event. I apologize if I spoke over anyone, didn’t respond to their questions, etc. as a result of my misunderstanding of how Mumble whispers work. Next time, I’ll make sure that everyone, including myself, is in the same sub-channel.
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] HSC Fight Club - 2018-04-06 @ 19:30

Post by Turlough Dominian »

Thanks alot for hosting this, that peskie marn fella killed me was a close fight for sure.

My flying was prittie boring i just went for orbiting / activate all the things and shoot him in the face, i possible messed up my micro management of repping was 3 secs from reloading my shield boosters which would have saved me and marn would be dead so guess I might need more practice on the micro management of two reppers.

Marn did shoot my drones at one stage so i recalled and put back out again so he would loose his locks on them :P

I threw below the list of dead people so others can easily see fits of the dead, got this from using the awesome roam report

Losses
Spoiler
(19:49:42) Amygnon
Tristan -4.63m

(19:55:38) Amygnon
Tormentor -6.43m

(20:04:33) Amygnon
Punisher -8.78m

(20:27:23) Amygnon
Atron -7.91m

(20:43:13) Amygnon
Rifter -2.65m

(20:48:14) Amygnon
Rifter -6m

(20:54:28) Amygnon
Executioner -2.13m
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,