Crimson Cadelanne - Algos, Tristan
Mols Halleck - Algos, Griffin
Phaethonx Brutor - Algos, Atron
Tye Etch - Algos, Atron
Yaella Charante - Algos, Atron
Zarquu Fussuhfusus - Algos, Atron, Merlin
Zykey Jovakko - Federation Navy Comet, Algos, Atron
averoth trojan - Atron
Ok, sit down first, before reading up on this AAR!

Kills and Losses

What a guy! So, confident, he doesn't even need rigs!

(19:24:27) Ostingele
Catalyst +1.95m

This fight was our Algos combo vs. a T2 assault ship combo. We lost, because the "awareness" and "cohesion" of fleet was not given for this fight. I was expecting two assault frigs at the complex, when we landed, there was a fleet of assault frigs with Maller bait set up already, we landed inside the worst case scenario and other than a VFI we were not able to catch anything with our slow Algos. Everything we chew through just warped off. Not to mention that one of us was already down, before we even landed. That's really a disappointing loss of our fleet there, it would have been more fun to fight them on our terms. Cohesion and awareness are key and we didn't have it. The only mistake I did was not call for the bail right away.

(20:06:34) Frarie
Algos -9.8m
Algos -8.51m
Algos -8.47m
Algos -8.96m
Vigil Fleet Issue +22.18m
Algos -10.66m

Going out in Algos again, was no option. We had too many newbro's lacking the T2 skills for my reships, so the only solution I saw was make up for the loss and make something hilarious happen. Newbro friendly Ducklings. We killed a 357 mill Zealot with our 1.5 m worth Ducklings and a Retribution, a Tristan and a Worm.

(20:34:57) Vlillirier
Atron -1.67m
Atron -1.68m
Griffin -0.93m
Zealot +357.21m
Algos -9.48m
Atron -1.64m
Atron -1.62m
Atron -1.61m
Atron -1.59m
Merlin -8.1m

(21:04:18) Vey
Tristan +7.5m
Retribution +55.84m
Atron -1.65m
Atron -1.65m
Atron -1.65m
Worm +64.97m

One of our pilots died alone in Eugales against a Tormentor. He went in too early, despite me mentioning to NOT go in too early. :lol: Unfortunately, the Tormentor got away.

(21:19:51) Eugales
Atron -1.46m
Capsule -0.01m

We were looking for one last fight and an Ishtar presented himself as a target, we agreed on having to try him as our last fight for tonight. We learned very quickly that this was a unwinnable fight, this Ishtar had Gecko's and I got literally one-shotted! (One-shotted by Geckos? I even had perfect transversal.) We lost and podded back home. Unfortunately, one of our pod's was not empty. Feeling sorry for our fellow unibro, i've removed the killmail link. I'm not calling people out, I'm just really sad seeing him suffer such a loss. Message to everyone in the Uni: Develop a pre-game routing of insuring ships, getting into clean clones, checking fits, checking ammo, etc.

(21:53:28) Aivonen
Atron -1.69m
Tristan -16.62m
Atron -2.17m
Atron -15.96m
Capsule -1223.56m
Capsule - Genolution 'Auroral' 197-variant -0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 509,645,682.27
ISK Lost: 1,341,145,575.58
ISK Delta: -831,499,893.31
Efficiency: 27.537%

Overall evaluation
  • Everyone had rigs fitted. We didn't have any losses with rigs in cargo!
    The Ducklings were amazing and super hilarious. Killing shiny's with no risk involved and reshipping immediately, totally made up for the first fight.
    A ton of our losses happened around stuff that I was talking about: clean clones, returning/regrouping with fleet, holding fire, etc. I mean mistakes happen, but what can I say... Listen to FC guys, the stuff I'm commanding you to do are there for a reason.
Anyways, overall it's really hard to be mad at the negative aspacts of fleet, while we really had some great fun on comms while doing the ducklings.

So thanks to all! It was a quiet diverse fleet. Some people were making quiet a difference in fleet, some people will have to learn and practice more, some need some sleep, and some need to follow FC. See ya in the next fleet hopefully! :)
Alexander Oromov
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Turtles aka the Ducklings - Thursday, 5th of April

Post by Alexander Oromov »

And here is something that I made quite a while ago, when alpha clones where introduced to EVE Online, to cheer ya'll up:

Alexander Oromov

Another cheer up: https://zkillboard.com/kill/69164295/ The Ishtar actually died shortly after our engagement and we even got on the killmail. 911 mill worth of ISK loss AND dropped half of the loss value!
Rikali Laru
Title: Graduate

Post by Rikali Laru »

Was planning to join this fleet, but got sleepy and chose not to stay late. Haven't been doing PvP for a while, wanted to break the trend but didn't get to it.

Found that 1.2bil pod killmail and I have a similar one I'm waiting to lose. Hope it'll come with a little more glorious fight/loss than an atron though :P
Alexander Oromov

Hope it'll come with a little more glorious fight/loss than an atron though :P
Atron's are hero's though. They are best at what they do and are probably the absolute best ISK efficient fleet composition in the game.
... Not to mention that it is actually super hilarious to fly, suicide gank shiney's and reship back into for another run. :lol:

Next destination: 50 men strong Duckling fleet!
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Suicide Atron - interesting, almost like a Derptron, but with 20 more DPS and just a bit (10%) lower speed. I guess you don't need that high speed and additional DPS is always in demand.
Nice Alexander!

2New pilots flying EWar: I was not there and don't know how Griffin died, but what you should have tried to do is to pull the range to 50-70km so nobody can target you. This is probably the case where you don't listen to FCs command and pull the range:
* when FC calls anchor - you pull the range
* when FC calls warp at 0 - you warp at 70km
This requires solid situational awareness, but is a great role to fly!
Though, I advise to discuss "what ewar should be doing" at the beginning of the fleet, so you will do what exactly FC needs.
Mols Halleck
Title: Sophomore

Post by Mols Halleck »

Budda Sereda wrote:I was not there and don't know how Griffin died, but what you should have tried to do is to pull the range to 50-70km so nobody can target you.
I got tunnel vision fighting the zealot and totally lost track of the vagabond until it was on top of me, I should have pulled some more range, that might have given me the time I needed to see the vagabond coming close before it was too late.

It's not my first time in a griffin but I still have a lot to learn about it.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Mols Halleck wrote:
Budda Sereda wrote:I was not there and don't know how Griffin died, but what you should have tried to do is to pull the range to 50-70km so nobody can target you.
I got tunnel vision fighting the zealot and totally lost track of the vagabond until it was on top of me, I should have pulled some more range, that might have given me the time I needed to see the vagabond coming close before it was too late.

It's not my first time in a griffin but I still have a lot to learn about it.
One more thing, if we primary Zealot, then you probably should jam Vagabond instead. Or at least both of them. And having them both locked would help you to keep at proper range to both of them.
Suicide Atron - interesting, almost like a Derptron, but with 20 more DPS and just a bit (10%) lower speed. I guess you don't need that high speed and additional DPS is always in demand.
Wanted to question myself... suicide Atron is interesting indeed: higher DPS for the cost of probably irrelevant speed increase. But, if it is used as a mainline DPS... why to not use Magic Merlin? It has even more DPS, more tank. Comparatively to Atron, it has ridiculously low speed, but if you have tackle, you don't need much speed.
So why Atron?
Alexander Oromov

Mols had to warp at 0, because it was a FacWar complex and couldn't have known if I want us to slide. We then had to chase of the small stuff like the Interceptors, after they all bailed, we went in against the Zealot and Mols got one or two jams off before he died, fulfilling his role and giving us time to chew through the Zealot. Regarding piloting skills and situational awareness, those have to be trained on a constant basis. The death may or may not have been avoided with better piloting. Definitely, we'll keep going to look for more opportunities to kill and train out there.

All fits have their use case, be it Atron or Merlin.

Why Atron:

- fall-off range
- signature / speed
- neutralizer
- cost

Why Merlin?

- tank
- dps

= Merlin for fights at (or around zero) vs cap stable ships. With the Atron you simply increase your versatility, engagement window, and actual hunting ability. I'll give you an example: Given that most targets you're looking for can go faster than the Merlin 2'800m/s - e.g. Command Destroyers, Kite Omen NI, Kite, Osprey NI, T3D's, Kite Drone Boats, Garmurs etc. - you need the speed advantage of the Atron's 3'700m/s to zip around, catch something, kill it and than to zip to the next (most of the time kite) ship. Another insight: If you see a Catalyst and you don't have a critical mass of Atron's just pass on it and look for a more expensive target.