Glen Burney - Stiletto
Hideo Date - Inquisitor - Logi Anchor
Irrilian - Inquisitor
Peter Pantaloons - Algos
Phaethonx Brutor - Stiletto
Tisiphone Tagetes - Algos
Zykey Jovakko - Algos
averoth trojan - Navitas
Fleet started half an hour late, because of Apothne's Tournament Talk. Nevertheless, everyone was quick with the form up. I apologize for being late and thank you for being on spot during form up. Notable during form up: I was hoping for logistics, thinking that we will get too few, but than we got 5! The Logi-DPS ratio was not optimal (too few DPS), but since I wanted logistics pilots to practice, I went with it right away!

Thank you logi bros! <3 <3 <3

Kills and Losses
First kill was a empty plexer.

(19:59:56) Vlillirier
Navitas +0.24m

Second kill was a Caracal that we got along the sacrifice of one of our two Stiletto pilots. I was calling Brutor to hold for just a bit more, but should have made clear that the life of the interceptor is more important than getting the kill.

Advice Regarding the Stiletto Fitting:
Spoiler
Looking at the Stiletto fit, I'd love to see this fit adjusted by removing the probes and adding some tank. This might have saved Brutor. Once again, without our 2 Interceptors we wouldn't have had this kill (the Caracal was faster than fleet), thank you both for that and next time we will not lose interceptors to Caracals.

Alternative Fleet Stiletto Fittings:

[Stiletto, A-SB ✈ | ✈ 2.94s | 5'116ms ✚ 5'516 EHP | Fleet Interceptor - Speed Edition]

Damage Control II
Overdrive Injector System II

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender
Warp Scrambler II
Warp Disruptor II

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Ionic Field Projector II
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing II

Nanite Repair Paste x20

OR

[Stiletto, A-SA ✈ | ✈ 2.94s | 5'116ms ✚ 3'189 + 79.5 EHP | Fleet Interceptor - Speed Edition - Repair Focus]

Damage Control II

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 50
Warp Scrambler II
Warp Disruptor II

Auto Targeting System I
Auto Targeting System I
[Empty High slot]

Small Ionic Field Projector II
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing II

Nanite Repair Paste x20
Navy Cap Booster 50 x30
(20:06:28) Oicx
Stiletto -59.64m
Caracal +32.19m
Capsule +0.01m

We tackled him slightly off gate. His friends didn't show up to help him.

(20:27:52) Akidagi
Wolf +58.11m

This guy was tackled on gate, literally warping into a gate-cloak-holding Algos. I can only see his face of horror when we decloaked next to him. Unfortunately, paper thin as he is, not everyone has made it on the kill. However, here's where I'd like to spread the word that being on kills is not really important. Having the fleet kill things fast and get ready to move, escape or hunt down the next targets is much more important than stats.

(20:39:16) Kinakka
Imperial Navy Slicer +35.88m

We lost this fight by losing field control and our DPS, nevertheless, it was the best and most exciting engagement today. We went for a REVOLUTION Dominix Navy with active ancillary shield reps. His Bifrost buddy got tackled and killed. Great job tackle! Than we were having quiet a run at the Dominix with Neut and DPS pressure all over the place. Logistics did a great job. Well done guys! I can see certain scenarios of we killing him if we would have done some of the things better, but it's hard to tell how much pressure we were really able to apply to his shield tank. One thing for sure, we would have broken him if we had just a few more DPS ships in fleet. We bailed after a REVOLUTION Gila warped on grid. As expected it was the Bifrost pilot we killed that has reshipped in Heydieles. I was not aware that we lost another Stiletto in this Situation, but it's another prove that this fit is too thin. I'd love to see Brutor around giving it another try with a more survivable fit and therefore I am going to contract him the bit of loot we got from the fleet.

(20:48:45) Akidagi
Navitas -6.39m
Algos -9.77m
Algos -9.72m
Bifrost +140.74m
Stiletto -51.63m
Algos -13.18m

The result of starting a bit late, having a lot of new faces in fleet, and flying a new composition, resulted in an okay fleet. We didn't shine, but we did enjoy it.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 267,165,843.77
ISK Lost: 150,326,251.26
ISK Delta: 116,839,592.51
Efficiency: 63.993%

Improvements
There are quiet a few improvements that I see regarding my performance as FC today, but I can see this fleet to turn around from okay to very successful in future by:

(1) having more DPS ships (Ergo I should try to announce fleets more early. This fleet works best with 15-20 people.)
(2) reviewing fits of non-fleet doctrine ships could likely have saved us two Stiletto losses
(3) and most important: even clearer, but also more engaging communication, I believe I was on spot today regarding precision, but not as focused and energetic as I could have been, due to the tight schedule today.

Thanks for fleet everyone and I hope to see you soon. Today we had 14 in fleet! I'm taking it as a compliment seeing numbers gradually rising. I really need you and once we get in range of 20 people on a regular basis, I can see some cool, fully fledged out doctrines to undock from our home base.

o7
Drake Shea
Title: Ensign, Graduate

Re: [AAR] Turtles Flock - Wednesday, 4th of April

Post by Drake Shea »

Great fleet, would definitely go again.
Looks like the DNI died not soon after
https://zkillboard.com/kill/69145044/
Uathraptor Unista
ImageImageImage
averoth trojan
Title: Freshman

Post by averoth trojan »

Great fleet, really informative, got to try logi and panic as logi, shortly before dying as logi xD cant wait to go again :))
Alexander Oromov
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Sophomore

Post by Alexander Oromov »

Great fleet, would definitely go again.
Looks like the DNI died not soon after
https://zkillboard.com/kill/69145044/
Thanks Drake! And I'm really happy to see that REV Domi down as well.
Great fleet, really informative, got to try logi and panic as logi, shortly before dying as logi xD cant wait to go again :))
averoth, keep pushing the learning curve, you are doing great. Can see improvements every single fleet.