[WHC] Bubble-Baff

Narthe Raytei
Title: Graduate

[WHC] Bubble-Baff

Post by Narthe Raytei »

Round 1:
Initially started with a Tackled Kronos.
Troven in his Tengu grabbed initial scram, I followed suit in my Legion and grabbed second scram.
Then Aren landed and dropped an impromptu bubble.
After a minute of panic forming we start to get people on their way while myself and Troven are holding point before we notice D-scan Spike
They warp in a meaty-ass fleet and we call get out. But the bubble dropped beforehand caused myself and Lucius (who had dc'ed) to be caught and killed.

Killed:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/69057074/ +100mil

Losses:
https://zkillboard.com/related/31002147/201803311900/ -888mil

Overall, things to take away from is that the bubble, as it was, caused unneeded deaths. However a bubble that had been dropped defensively by landing and alligning to their known home, dropped at range, would have given us time to disengage and get out.

Round 2:
We started forming a fleet to respond to this. after about 20minutes or so a fleet was formed and we moved to get a fight.
Decided to make them come to us as we didn't want to give them an even larger advantage than they already had.
Fight progressed and was fairly even, we weren't breaking and neither were they. However we were able to cause a Proteus and a Vigilant to jump out (i count that as a win)
They then brought in a Bhaal which sealed the fight, slowly we started to break and decided to jump out and see what followed.
We jumped back but after i died and nothing else was breaking we just called bug out.

Losses:
https://zkillboard.com/related/31001779/201803312000/ -130mil
https://zkillboard.com/kill/69059487/ -104mil

Overall, the fight was good, orders were followed well, relatively fast formup with little to no non-sense.
One thing that could be taken but is a minor point coms chatter was a little bit noisey and some things were slightly irrelevant.

SRP Form since everyone was flying SRP'able ships
Last edited by Narthe Raytei on 2018.03.31 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
"The music does not play the musician." Daniel Jackson - Stargate SG1

Nothing to see here
Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

Re: [WHC] Bubble-Baff

Post by Troven Smalvard »

not really part of the major component, but Kronos hits hard with Blasters

orbiting at 7,500 i was bleeding - moving out to 9500 made the difference to stabalise, and marauder so slow that i wouldn't won't lose scram.

moral - sometimes and extra little bit makes all the difference
ImageImage ImageImage
Dallidiem Igraine
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Senior Personnel Officer, Graduate

Post by Dallidiem Igraine »

I rarely (ever?) comment on an AAR, but this part:
Fight progressed and was fairly even, we weren't breaking and neither were they. However we were able to cause a Proteus and a Vigilant to jump out (i count that as a win)
Doesn't quite ring true to me.

After the Proteus and Vigilant jumped out a devoter followed them. I he think he too was taking damage when he jumped. But it was a good enough combination so that when (I was into half structure and decided to see if jumping might be a good idea )(this is what was on the other side) Note the damnation followed me through the hole.

So if the Proteus, Vigilant and Devoter were really wins - then they'd be dead and I'd have escaped.

So if it isn't dead is it really a win?
Director Emeritus

ImageImageImageImageImage
Narthe Raytei
Title: Graduate

Post by Narthe Raytei »

Meant it more in the sense that we were able to actually force them off grid rather than them just being able to catch reps and continue battering us.

EDIT: In retrospect, maybe it might have been a good idea for you to speak up and say that the stuff was on the other side waiting, and then i would have also needed to realise that we might have been able to jump the fleet back and pull them through, meaning we could have hit some of the things such as guardians or popped some things on the other side without reps.
"The music does not play the musician." Daniel Jackson - Stargate SG1

Nothing to see here
Dallidiem Igraine
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Senior Personnel Officer, Graduate

Post by Dallidiem Igraine »

I did say the other side was bubbled with devoter, vigilent, and proteus as soon as the new grid loaded. Battling a cold so it might not have come through clearly enough.

(I have it recorded if you're interested. If my coughing doesn't become a distraction. )
Director Emeritus

ImageImageImageImageImage