[NPSI FLEET] FCC Hurricanes vs Kiters w/ Spectre

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[NPSI FLEET] FCC Hurricanes vs Kiters w/ Spectre

Post by Budda Sereda »

As planned (http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopi ... 6&t=108863) I got a fleet of Arty canes and got fleet into low-sec looking for things we can 1-shot.

As usually on Thursday night it was not many pilots:
Spoiler
Aeryn Tzun - Hurricane
Aiden Chance - Bellicose
Arashi Shizukana - Typhoon, Astrahus
BravoSierra - Hurricane
Budda Sereda - Hurricane
Dreaksy Tyr - Harpy
Gemma Solett - Magus
Gerrik Aldent
Glen Burney - Stabber Fleet Issue
Kendex - Hurricane
MJ Noblezada - Ares, Incursus
Malisar - Caracal
Mister Shushu - Garmur
OFFICIAL BIGBOY - Malediction
PRIM0RDIAL - Falcon
Peter Pantaloons - Hurricane
Rhachator - Hurricane
Satoshi Tomeii - Hurricane
Space Warfare Development - Nemesis
Xafen Katapi - Caracal, Condor, Executioner
icstunna
minxxy3 - Hurricane
We started very actively. Glen just lost a Cynabal in Dastryns, and we went to see if gankers are still there. They had a flashy camp on Stacmon gate. Glen baited them on SFI, unfortunately fleet was not on a gate yet and we did not bring enough tackler on time to catch more than just Ishtar, which poped quite fast and left good loot:

(02:30:48) Dastryns
Ishtar +824.02m

We tried to follow up with fleet, but they hid in the stataion. Scouts reported a Falcon on an Ost gate, Glen went for tackle, but... Falcon pilot was bad enough to die before fleet lands:
(02:35:55) Dastryns
Falcon +306.27m
I hop Glen did get solid morale compensation for Cynabal loss :)

We started moving to Agoze when Arashi reported ratting Ferox in Aunsou. Not sure how did Arashi teleport few jumps to the direction opposite from the Desto, but we got scouts and later fleet on another kill.

(02:43:16) Aunsou
Magus -103.21m
Ferox +163.22m
But somehow we lost Magus. We did have issue with enough tackles to keep Ferox on grid and I guess Gemma came just too close.

Further we went up towards Black Rise, found few ships / gangs in space, tried to bait, but were not able to get any fights until we arrived into Vli. In Vli scouts reported few BCs in Large, we tackled some faction BC, warped fleet, but opponents were kity and disengaged. That started almost 1 hour skirmish while we played cat-and-mouse with a gang of a bunch of Catalysts, Stilettos, Eos, ONI, Tornado, Oracle. We had bigger firepower, they had higher mobility.

I called fleet to run away if anybody starts taking damage. There were cases though, when opponent was tackling 1 of us and they killed Cane or Caracal before we cleaned the tackle. Bellicose pilot somehow appeared at 0 on a Beacon. I guess he did successfully bounce, but ... we did not consider that coming back you can't warp to a fleet member and instead land at 0 to the beacon. Unfortunately, he was killed before we could do anything.

(03:13:46) Renarelle, Vlillirier
Tristan +11.71m
Catalyst +13.74m
Ares -37.72m
Capsule +0.01m
Hurricane -76.95m
Nemesis -126.3m
Catalyst +13.7m
Caracal -15.94m
Bellicose -24.52m

Time to time we were close enough to one of the opponents, but never had tackle close enough to hold it and kill.
I was trying to keep fleet more or less together, boosh us to land on top of opponents, yet no result.

After quite a few unsuccessful attempts to catch I called fleet to warp to one of citadels,... and Arashi realized he has access to its guns and killed ONI :)

Osprey Navy Issue +118.19m

We got another fleet on a citadel trying to bait those guys into a proximity of Arashi's citadel scram/web, but only able to kill few small ships:

Garmur -268.25m
Catalyst +13.67m
Catalyst +13.71m
Malediction -89.11m
Catalyst +13.7m
Hurricane -62.29m
Capsule -0.01m
Stiletto +55.19m
Condor -2.36m
Catalyst +13.67m
Catalyst +13.71m
Caracal -14.18m
Hurricane -76.86m
Stiletto +52.89m
Incursus -12.38m
Hurricane -85.28m

After losing few more canes I called to disengage. Myself I was twice very low in structure but both times was able to run away. The first time, tackle just went out of its point range, 2nd time we killed it.

Was interesting fight and even though we did not catch big things, we still get a few kills and had some fun.

Anyway, it was clear we can't catch anything big, so I called a break, and we went to BR. Further part of the fleet was borking, we caught a Caracal and lost a Cane. Last loss came as a surprise: the majority of travel I was calling to align and once we all aligned I called to warp. Yet, it looks like on one of gates Rachator was caught and killed:

(04:30:30) Pynekastoh, Hikkoken
Caracal +89.55m
Hurricane -81.01m

Overall, I did not achieve the goal to find a cruisers gang to BLAP, yet we had plenty of content, shiny kills, and some loot to SRP support ships.

Thanks all for coming!

ISK Destroyed: 1,716,961,762.9
ISK Lost: 1,076,391,965.84
ISK Delta: 640,569,797.06
Efficiency: 61.466%

What did I learn from the fleet?

1. Need to learn how to catch kiters. One of the options was a boosh, but was too obvious to work out.
2. 2nd - a double boosh, or boosh a BS first and let it MJD on his own, though, he did not have scram and most likely just would die before we arrive.
3. I guess the main learning point is: realize you face GOOD kiters and don't feed them.

P.S. SRP are paid to all support ships.

P.P.S. Please do fill-in the FCC Feedback form: https://goo.gl/forms/W6OTiwPMD2Lu1lmL2