Erwin Madelung - Scythe
Fergus Echerie - Catalyst
Gringo Smoothie - Catalyst
Sagittarius Griffins - Caracal
Tye Etch - Atron, Catalyst
Yrgrasil - Caracal
mattov Aubaris - Catalyst
violer
This Fleet started really slow this time, we had some people which weren't in time in Boystin and afterwards the aligning was sometimes pretty slow, i know that i try to move very fast in comparison to most fleets probably, but this is something which needs definitely improved in my eyes.

We jumped from Soli through a Wormhole to Oasa (http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Oasa/RJBC-I#npc_delta) and went more or less directly to Perrigen Falls, as already said the fleet went very slow, so we couldn't catch anything on the way.

After a while we reached UGR-J2 where i wanted to setup a little Bubble Camp. This wasn't not needed since we got directly catched by a bubble which i called as our new temporary home. For some reason i called that if anyone needs to he can do a short bio (real break should follow later).
After a while a Raven landed ~200 off on a Tactical, i didn't expected that these things have such a high range and ignored it for now until someone called he gets shot by something. Well, he shot the one of the two persons who did actually a bio break, which was really unlucky. But at all i should've expected this and called to warpoff as he landed. Second loss was more a piloting issue since he cancelled warp :)

- don't take over hostile bubbles, because the ones who live there have most likely tacticals
- i need to learn that some ships have a disgusting range
- don't call for bio breaks if not in a safe (even if think that this was pretty okayish, more bad luck)

Kills and Losses
(21:03:00) UGR-J2
Catalyst -8.93m
Atron -6.05m

Finally we did a short break, this time on a safe... and readjusted a bit.

As we tried to bail, they followed us and directly bubbled up. I called the Sabre as first target, which directly crashed the gate and then switched over to the Bhaalgorn which got down pretty nicely. As far as i remember shortly before the Bhaal popped, an Machariel and the already known Raven showed up and chewed through our catalysts. After we the Bhaal went down i called to get out of the bubble and scatter.

- This was actually my "first" real fleetfight as FC, i think i called my target decision was ok, and the scatter command came more or less at the right time.
- I'am not sure if it would've been worth to let the catalysts scatter and try to kill the sabre with the remaining caracals before warpoff
- thanks to mattov who killed the pod inbetween :D

(21:18:40) Y-0HVF
Bhaalgorn +753.2m
Capsule +1504.98m
Catalyst -15.06m
Catalyst -10.23m
Catalyst -14.25m
Capsule -0.02m
Capsule -0.01m

We went ahead, but one of us got stuck in the stargate, regarding to what i understand only the mach and sabre where on grid, so i moved the fleet back hoping for probably another pickoff. Sadly they had already setup another catchbubble ~50km off the gate, and we directly landed in there.

I called to crash the gate and then switched to anchor up, i think this command came far to late, since they had already brought in some more people into the system. Most were then stuck in a bubble directly on gate and couldn't bail, rest of the fleet died here then.

- That someone got stuck was a bit unlucky here again, but i shouldn't have warped back here, mostly because it was a 90AU Warp, i think if it wasn't only the Mach/Sabre alone we could've killed a bit more.
- The Stuck call came pretty late, they had alot of time it seems to setup the stop bubble before we went back to them. Will add some rules on "what to do if getting cought on a gate" to the newbro speech, best would be if he had just crashed the gate and waited in cloak most likely.
- For this kind of fleet i should probably add a rule to not loot anything (more likely shot the wreck), since i don't expect that anyone gets home.

(21:26:47) C3I-D5
Catalyst -236.08m
Capsule -0.01m
Caracal -30.37m
Scythe -19.4m
Caracal -27.84m
Caracal -27.83m
Caracal -27.84m
Caracal -14.12m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 2,258,180,393.96
ISK Lost: 438,056,400.33
ISK Delta: 1,820,123,993.63
Efficiency: 83.753%

All in all i'am pretty happy with the first Fight, i think it went pretty well at least. Not really happy makes me the slow fleet at all, i think there's plenty of room for improvements. On the other side i need to add much more stuff to my Introduction, maybe with some practical part before the fleet, since i assume most people in uni are more familiar with Lowsec actually.
Also i skipped the anchoring part this time... which was to be honest pretty dumb, since i used it very often for some reason. Also the mixed fleet has worked pretty well, also the one scythe logi we had was very crucial since the bhaal tried to focus me down in the beginning, instead of going for the catalysts what he actually should've done.

We had a lot to do with bubbles today, hope everyone learning something about them today. And also thanks all for coming o7
Fergus Echerie
Title: Solitude Campus Manager, Graduate

Re: [AAR] Solitude Null Roam - [2018-03-29T19:30]

Post by Fergus Echerie »

I dont get on many fleets mainly due to timings, but this was fun.

Folllowing up on your comments, yes we were a bit slow in getting going and then moving through systems but we did have a fair number of new pilots so feel all in all we did pretty well in getting to where you planned without incident.

The stopping on the bubble was interesting, to me it seemed like a reasonable plan since we'd not see any other action to that point, howeve I like you had not considered the locals having tacs which in hindsight is something we should have. I had noticed the BNI sitting out at 236k but likewise did not appreciate it could target and hit from such distance, like Tye said one of us really should have noticed, think I was too busy enjoying zipping round the bubble :D

On the Bhaalgorn fight i'm guessing I was not as effecient as I should have been given I only managed 2% in a T2 iskalyst, I was orbiting it with MWD on to try and be fast, was that wrong, never flown one of these before? Also I had a web which I applied to the Baalgorn, assuming that would have been better on the Sabre/Ares if i'd have had the range?

Overall though good fleet, will def make an effort to join more o/
Solitude Campus Manager
Image Image Image Image
Erwin Madelung
BANNED
BANNED
Title: Solitude Officer, Sophomore

Post by Erwin Madelung »

Fleet turned out pretty good I think. And that even with caracals athough you hate kitey stuff ;P

The formup was indeed pretty annoying. I think that early pings and good form up speech are always helpful. I had the impression your mind was more at the EoL Wh than the speech ;) Especially you didn't had any reason to be nervous about the WH as you checked it approx 1h ebfore the fleet and it was not EoL that means it would still be ther approx 3h after formup. Make again sure that you ping people early ;) That makes it less likely that people arrive late which is often an issue in Solitude.

And how we got lucky with that Bhaalgorm :D I think the Scythe worked really well. I kept you alive in that fight and that really added to our fighting capabilities. I just love repper drones. I can simply set them on the target and they do their job no mapper how badly I am placed. So I would like to fly that more often and learn how to place myself better as a logi to maybe be logi anchor in future fleets.
- For this kind of fleet i should probably add a rule to not loot anything (more likely shot the wreck), since i don't expect that anyone gets home.
@everyone just don't listen to him at that one. He only wants that rule because he is too lazy to handle the loot afterward :P
I was orbiting it with MWD on to try and be fast, was that wrong, never flown one of these before?
I think you mean you orbited the gate and then enganged the Bhaalgorm? You would usually orbit the gate at 7500m with the MWD off, if something decloaks, you give the approach command, lock the target turn you MWD and your other stuff on. When you are in range you orbit with MWD off (range depends if you expect smartbombs or not). This is only a rule of thumb and might be slightly changed in some cases.
If you mean you orbited the Bhaal with MWD on I can't imagine that this might lead to real problems. (only problem there might be that if you say orbit at 500 and you have it on you will orbit significantly further away maybe outsite of your optimal. check your combat logs if you had many grazes and so on) But I would guess you arrived late in fighting range because the MWD was on all the time and your ship turned like a rock.

PS:
@Yrgasil, you have not updated your forum signatur yet. It will become difficult to move that isk efficiency back to red again.
Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Yrgrasil »

Fergus Echerie wrote: On the Bhaalgorn fight i'm guessing I was not as effecient as I should have been given I only managed 2% in a T2 iskalyst, I was orbiting it with MWD on to try and be fast, was that wrong, never flown one of these before? Also I had a web which I applied to the Baalgorn, assuming that would have been better on the Sabre/Ares if i'd have had the range?
When you get in Range you want actually to turn off your MWD directly, to keep the orbit tight -> So approach the target, turn of MWD, orbit the target. I assume you had Void loaded (which would be perfect), but through the MWD your orbit got so big that you were probably already in Falloff.
Erwin Madelung wrote: The formup was indeed pretty annoying. I think that early pings and good form up speech are always helpful. I had the impression your mind was more at the EoL Wh than the speech ;) Especially you didn't had any reason to be nervous about the WH as you checked it approx 1h ebfore the fleet and it was not EoL that means it would still be ther approx 3h after formup. Make again sure that you ping people early ;) That makes it less likely that people arrive late which is often an issue in Solitude.
Yes, that was indeed a problem for me... Irrational Fear :(
Fergus Echerie
Title: Solitude Campus Manager, Graduate

Post by Fergus Echerie »

Checked logs last night and was good, guess it prob was MWD, was orbiting gate then switched but prob left it on so turn would have been slow.
Solitude Campus Manager
Image Image Image Image
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Yrgrasil wrote:- For this kind of fleet i should probably add a rule to not loot anything (more likely shot the wreck), since i don't expect that anyone gets home.
Disagree. There are people who do care to have big loss mail, there are those who not. Let them handle the loot and ask to be extra careful in further fights :)
Sagittarius Griffins
Title: Sophomore

Post by Sagittarius Griffins »

Sorry for being late to the fleet :( I saw the slack ping and tried to burn to Solitude. In retrospect I should have just grabbed a shuttle and went rather than trying to get there in a caracal.
Good fleet overall, I managed to get out in the last fight, but ended up getting killed https://zkillboard.com/kill/69011889/ by a gang of inties and assault frigs on my way back to Jita.
Darth Galifreia
BANNED
BANNED
Title: Sophomore

Post by Darth Galifreia »

Ah.. next time need fly with shiny stuff more carefull. Next time if someone try take shiny stuff and i shoot a box for reasonable reasons think I'll be cursed xD