[AAR] For Kestrels Love - Small Gang

Jun Mikoto
Title: Freshman

[AAR] For Kestrels Love - Small Gang

Post by Jun Mikoto »

Earlier this day Tand Elderis asked in the LSC.Channel if its worthy to go for caracals cause he is blown out of his frigs so often. As i realized he was about to leave his kestrel in hangar, I knew i had to stop him.
With DeanSherman and Gemma Solett we discussed some possible fits for a kestrel and how the fit determines the fight in pvp. With a point/missile kestrel and low skills his only chance inmho is to sit in a novice plex on range, but i was pretty sure he'll die anyway. So i decided to join him, sitting on the warp in as tank.

I struggled to set up a LSC Standing Fleet - Learned: The Fleet-MotD has a char cap at 4k - so we formed a normal fleet.

We sat in a novice in Ostingele, like i recommend it for the range kite fit .... and nothing happens for 20 Minutes. We had an incursus on d-scan for a second, but i think we scared solo fighters with our massive kestrel-blob of two.

So i suggested a roam and Tand was all-in. We set destination to Vlillirier ( correctly spelled? im not sure ) on the basis of a deep red color on dotlan.

as a technically unprompted fc i made the mistake to make no use of mumble and so i didn't shout out align and jump commands, but fleet warp us from gate to sun to gate. it was very scratchy and we had luck it didn't went wrong.

Tand asked why we were warping to the sun, if i look for pew there and i explained the outlines of d-scanning for pvp targets. The different angles and ranges and how they glued together with the celestials on the overview are helpful to make some educated guesses if theres an opponent to engage, and the need for some "safe" seconds in a system without scanning bookmarks.

meanwhile we arrived at renarelle and had a magnate on d, but weren't able to pinpoint it down, a navy comet went by, also an atron. then a hecate and an algos showed up, i knew the hecate was out of our capabilities and together with the algos it was no deal. but luckily the algos appeared to be alone in a small and i was pretty sure it was doable.

So we warped in, .... and the algos was gone.

But it came back to fight us. What we did. For my personal advantage the algos started to push his drones on Tand, i could get perfect scram range and hammered rockets in his rusty boat while staying out of blaster range. But to be honest, i was to nervous to stop overheating my scram/web and i burned through it as he was in 25-30% structure.

Good for us - he didn't realize he can warp away and so he plopped, but we have casualties too... Tand's valiant vessel was eaten by his drones.

tl;dr

Good
- just sticked together and went out to be violent
- good awareness of a doable fight
- we had fun

improvable
- make use of mumble
- no idea how to prevent Tand from popping

Kill: Algos +14.2M
Loss: Kestrel -3.9M
Eff: .... how do i calculate this?

Reviews welcome incl. formal things of this AAR ( and im glad to take some tipps for better english per pm )
Sagittarius Griffins
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] For Kestrels Love - Small Gang

Post by Sagittarius Griffins »

I believe efficiency is calculated as Isk destroyted/Isk destroyed + Isk lost.

In which case the efficiency would be: 78%
Tand Elderis

Post by Tand Elderis »

What Jun Said, the algos was a big bite hindsight being 20/20, I am glad we pulled it off. I didn't mind going pop, Part of the education. Since that engagement, I have learned how to make safe spots and how to properly D-Scan Scout Style courtesy of Sone. Once you learn to properly DSCAN its like watching a soap-opera really.
. Since the encounter, I am working deeper into the frigate to learn the human skill of flying and fighting. I have also revamped my skill plan a little to get me those fundamentals (who need one needed thermodynamics to overheat...). Primary lesson learned here, is sometimes when being ignorant, you don't even know the right questions to ask. In which case...go attack an Algos.

Jun left out the fact that she gifted me 20 Kestrels to play and learn with. Thanks Jun.
Laser Skaron
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Laser Skaron »

Jun Mikoto wrote:Eff: .... how do i calculate this?

Reviews welcome incl. formal things of this AAR
Most people in this forum use this to help write their AARs. Tool was written specifically for that purpose: https://laserbeam3.github.io/EveRoamReport/ You may want to use it if you end up writing AARs for longer fleets with more people and more content and more kills. Keep up the good fight!
Jun Mikoto

Post by Jun Mikoto »

Laser Skaron wrote:
Most people in this forum use this to help write their AARs. Tool was written specifically for that purpose: https://laserbeam3.github.io/EveRoamReport/ You may want to use it if you end up writing AARs for longer fleets with more people and more content and more kills. Keep up the good fight!

Thanks, and hopefully i will make use of it soon! (after i finished a scary 1 vs 1 with an T3 math exam next week)