Averoth Trojan def O'Hearn
Hirmuolio Pine def KPYTOE KOPOBO
Xenopha Cadelanne def Tye Etch
Hirmuolio Pine def Claidheamh Mor Capercaillie
O'Hearn def Airsick Lowlander
KPYTOE KOPOBO def Sone Eto
Averoth Trojan draw ??? (data lost)
Hirmuolio Pine def Xenopha Cadelanne
Tye Etch def Claidheamh Mor Capercaillie (disconnect)
Tye Etch def Airsick Lowlander
O'Hearn def Claidheamh Mor Capercaillie
FFA Winner: Claidheamh Mor Capercaillie
Overview

As a new member of the Events Department, I decided to take charge of hosting the HSC Fight Club for 2018-03-23. Preparation for the event went well, with Capt Steele, Airsick Lowlander, and myself putting ships up for contract. By the time the event started, there were plenty of re-ship options available. We should be set for a few more fight clubs with all the ships that got put on contract this week. Advertisements for the event were posted in Slack and Alliance chat as well. It took awhile to actually get the advertisements right, since I couldn’t figure out how to hyperlink text directly in the chat window. I ended up using EVE mail to create the linked text, and dragging it into the various chat windows.

I think the event went relatively smoothly. The speech at the beginning of the event wasn’t too long, and I got some helpful suggestions on things that previous hosts had done to make the event more fun. We were able to get through thirteen fights (and the subsequent Q/A after each one), and one FFA to top off the event. I certainly took a few things away from some of the more experienced pilots.

Improvements

From my perspective, my biggest issue was with not being particularly vocal during the event. My throat was not doing so well, but luckily Tye Etch and Airsick Lowlander stepped up to help with commentary. Additionally, I will need to improve my ability to match visual effects to different module types and weapons. Even if I was feeling up to offering commentary, I’m afraid the quality would not have been great, due to the aforementioned shortcoming.

I also didn’t fully realize the size of the fleet channel’s scrollback buffer. I ended up missing a few kill mails from the beginning of the event, because I didn’t save them before they were lost. I ended up dragging the existing killmails into an empty mail window, and sending that to myself at the end of the event. If there is a better way of preserving this information, I’d like to learn of it.
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Re: [AAR] HSC Fight Club - 2018-03-23 @ 19:00

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

Peter Pantaloons wrote:As a new member of the Events Department, I decided to take charge of hosting the HSC Fight Club for 2018-03-23.
Thank you :) - I know this is a great event for teaching players who are new to PvP.
Peter Pantaloons wrote: I also didn’t fully realize the size of the fleet channel’s scrollback buffer. I ended up missing a few kill mails from the beginning of the event, because I didn’t save them before they were lost. I ended up dragging the existing killmails into an empty mail window, and sending that to myself at the end of the event. If there is a better way of preserving this information, I’d like to learn of it.
Two thoughts spring to mind here:
1) Review corporation kills and losses, either in-game via Corporation -> Wars -> Kills, or using Zkill for the Amygnon system, in case some participants were on alts or something: https://zkillboard.com/system/30005311/

2) If you want to rely on the fleet log, you don't need to use the scrollback in-game. By default, the Eve client saves a log of each each chat channel, including each fleet log. On Windows, these logs are saved in %HOMEPATH%\Documents\EVE\logs\Chatlogs where %HOMEPATH% is your user's home directory, usually C:\Users\<username>. You can even use Laser Skaron's awesome parser to find the names of everyone that typed in fleet chat, and look up kills and losses for those pilots using zkill: https://laserbeam3.github.io/EveRoamReport/

Thanks again for stepping up to lead the Fight Club - the commentary is a bonus, and as you saw, other people will generally be available to help with that, as well as with drawing out learning opportunities from each fight.