[AAR][Event]Chribba and back again an unexpected journey

Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

[AAR][Event]Chribba and back again an unexpected journey

Post by Turlough Dominian »

Chribba and back again an unexpected journey
Super big thank you to all who came along, to those who helped in the background and of course big shout out to Chribba for taking the time to chat with us and undock <3

Original forum post: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=108565

Short recap on how this event was arranged:
I got in contact with a friend "Danielle en Divalone" CEO of Licence To Kill part of Mercenary Coalition , we chatted and talked about the birds and the bee's after many hours of spinning around in pods lost in the fastness of space we got talking about more important things in life and I asked if she could use her powers of persuasion to chat up Chribba into coming out to play with Eve University as a guest since she had some contact details for him and actually has talked with him in the past.

Danielle got to work and after a short period of a week or two of back and forth talking about the topic a wild Chribba got in touch with myself

Chribba gets talking with me no persuasion needed was 100% up for meeting up with Eve University for our anniversary <3 thank you very much. we had short chat about dates and times.

Main Prep work:
Myself and a few others hauled stuff and acquired spare launchers and fireworks and 10 spare doctrine fits for those who might not have one ready "cough we might have enough for several years now ;) "

Forum post prep work was done final product https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=108565

Questions where prepared in advance, this involved heavy stalker activity research as I wanted to ask question's that would be useful for newbro's to understand who Chribba is and how he got there while trying to get in a few questions that he might not of been asked before in the past. thanks to the people who sent me suggested questions also before the event I didn't get to read them all out but they helped for sure o7

Constant back and forth communication with our street team who looked after all the facebook / twitter / and other things its a prittie big list to be fair. good work guys

Lots of PM's and mails :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 min 12 second Video made by Eve University Street Team
Eve University's 14th Anniversary
We did loose one brave soul who ran out of fireworks and got blown up restocking pew pew :D
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR][Event]Chribba and back again an unexpected journey

Post by Turlough Dominian »

reserving this spot to place the video that Fifthman is preparing for me today will take him a few hours as he cleans up the audio and removes out the few moments of quiet time, Chribba was very good and spent way more time with us than planned.

*Edit added Fifthman's video of this event involving the questions and answers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0-7L5OEzjc&feature=youtu.be

If you have any pictures or video clips feel free to post below , and ofc any feedback or thanks to Chribba you can throw below also

Some feedback that was received via our feedback form:
Spoiler
A really awesome event! It was so nice to hear from someone who has been playing the game for ages - and also playing in his own way; different from most others! It's very refreshing to see something different, that very rarely get to see. It was interesting learning of his thoughts and reasoning regarding so many different things! I think there should be more events like this: getting to meet some of the famous long-term players in the game, and get to pick their brains.

It was a good meeting with Chribba and I really enjoyed it.

Chribba was a very nice guy.

Was awesome, and worth the 20j through space~

Awesome hear the stories and advice from a well respected veteran player.

It would be great to have more of these interview ops with notable players!
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Quinn Sinjin

Re: [AAR][Event]Chribba and back again an unexpected journey

Post by Quinn Sinjin »

Sadly I couldn't make the event as I'm currently on holiday (my friends apparently don't appreciate my E-Uni schedule), but I've been watching the videos in between sight-seeing (Gotta keep up to date with my favourite Corp, don't judge me) and this was a great event! Congrats to all involved for all the hard work you put in to achieve this, thank you to the people who recorded the event for posterity, special thanks to Chribba for taking the time to chat to E-Uni, and well done to all those who were able to attend the celebrations, it looked like a lot of fun! :D