[KAMELA] Battlecocks™ (RR Prophecies) 15.03.2018

Tiberius Auduin
Title: LSC Officer, Wanted by Fashion Police, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

[KAMELA] Battlecocks™ (RR Prophecies) 15.03.2018

Post by Tiberius Auduin »

My dear friends, as you know, I love flying Remote Repair doctrines; it's helluva intensive and fun! Tanking big stuff while balling up and trusting your fleetmates feels intense. Last time i flew a RR Prophecies was during Lotanis Arkturus' birthday. Kamela seemed the perfect place to summon the power of true amarr, embodied by a fat metal chicken, so we god things rolling. Thanks breeze for helping with the logistics and thanks fleet for being patient during the long form up.
At the start of the fleet we had 8 prophecies; 2 boosters and 6 mainline DD's, totalling for about ~5000 ehp/s reppping power. Our wing was complemented by a fastlocking Keres piloted by Drake Shea, Gemma reshipped from a boosher to a malediction and Zykey was our back up scout. Later on, Decklin joined us in a Hyena, aptly named "Peter Parker's Hyena".

Roam members (14) - NOTE: This section is ALWAYS usually included in my AARs.
Spoiler
B'aldrick Aivoras - Boostcock
Breeze One - Boostcock
Decklin Quark Reiger - Peter Parker's Hyena
Drake Shea - Fast-locking Keres
Gemma Solett - Scout
Glen Burney
Iskarr Jarak - Battlecock
Kora K - Battlecock
Muzzy Chuck - Battlecock
O'Hearn
Rebulah Conundrum - Battlecock
Tiberius Auduin
Trillian Ituin - Battlecock
Zykey Jovakko - Scout

The destination was set to Arzad. We briefly chased some assfrigs around, but they were rightly afraid of our Battlecocks™.
On the way, Gemma found us a SFI, Hurricane, Caracal and a Harby. Gemma toyed with them but they were scattered. The harby was in a large plex, gemma reported and a comet was jumping in from Sifilar to Arzad. We jumped with it and Drake got points, we finished the Comet. Small reppers really proved their worth in keeping small stuff alive (small buffer means medium reppers overrep/are slow and gateguns can punch through). We warped the fleet to the large, where the Harby was. He was at a 100. Boosher would be nice here :P but I gave the order to tackle the Harby. One hit kill, our scout was gone. We tried to get it with Keres, but Harby wisely fracked off. Gemma reshipped and Zykey was voluntold to scout :D Back on the sifilar gate, we tackled an Ishkur. The guy used his PANIC button wisely and jumped through with heavy damage; Someone on the other side finished him off. We deserved this kill :p

Kills and Losses
(19:58:40) Arzad

Federation Navy Comet +36.49m
Malediction -56.67m
Ishkur +202.85m

The Satan's sextagram of Dal, Vard, Amamake was quiet. The assfrig gang was still fooling around and a lone hyperion was chilling at a gate I can't remember. Basically, it screamed cyno-bait (also, his ship was named cyno). Fleet was split in two, we've engaged the hyperion, he wasn't aggressing, but some of the assfrigs warped on top of the vanguard. Fleet was ordered in, and we started working on assfrigs. Note to self: moar tackle! The worm was very peculiarly fit (active tank plus two RFSSE, yes, two small shield extenders) and flew at 3km from my scram fitted prophecy. Ded.

We got the Enyo as well. The troubles came when decklin was starting to gate gategunned: he was too far for reps and in his words, he wasn't used to plated Hyena's, so he warped a little to late.
Back to Kamela for a bio and beer reload.
(20:19:58) Kourmonen
Atron -5.28m
Hyena -42.14m
Worm +70.2m
Enyo +65.79m

With Desto set to Amamake and planning to sit in a Large and wait for this famed police to show up, we grabbed a kestrel. At that time a flashy Tempest warped to us. It was the hyperion pilot from before. We engaged and look, a cyno went up! FEAR THE MIGHT OF AMARR!!! They dropped two thannies and a revelation on our behinds. I asked if anyone was tackled, nobody spoke up, so I ordered scatter. Trilian did get caught though (no mic) and the first Prophecy valiantly went down! Big props to the hotdroppers, really cool!

(20:52:48) Oyonata
Kestrel +8.82m
Prophecy -131.73m
Rest in delicious pieces.

Briefly, nothing happend in Amamake, we headed home. Snatched a Coercer on the Lama gate. A Revelation and punisher joined the coercer as he died. Fleet was ordered to warp off to the Beach House, FC stayed behind to ensure no one got left behind and to provide reps if needed. Revelation tackled me and punisher tried to bump me. Punisher needed a physics 101 lesson: Impulse. The revelation got me tackled but didn't siege, FC jumped gate and fleet was over.

(21:26:19) Lamaa, Kamela
Coercer +13.61m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 412,045,780.23
ISK Lost: 243,933,547.95
ISK Delta: 168,112,232.28
Efficiency: 62.814%

Reflection:
Doctrinewise, we hadn't had a lengthy engagement with heavy DPS, so my deductions are probably not accurate.

+Capacitor was not an issue. MWD was lit sparingly, I only ran out of cap once and had to boost once.
+MWD>AB. Burning for quick dashes it seems more cap friendly than continous Ab burning. Also, extremely handy after a gate jump (especially on regional gate), you need to get on your anchor fast!
+Small reps: range and short cycle times help tremendously. Literally the only reason we could keep Drake Shea alive. We briefly had a moment of heavy DPS on Kora, but with big buffer and good module management, we got him stable and saved our cap.
-Lock times: 9s is a long time, prelock the squishy snowflakes!

Fleet:
+Good job managing so many modules and things at the same time, as someone aptly worded: "Flying RR is like flying solo PvP, but then in group." Very adequate.
+Superb discipline
-For the composition, we need more support ships, in the form of tackle. I was thinking that this fleet will go hand in hand with armour assault frigs.

Any comments? Please share! I will update the AAR periodically.

o7

Minmatar Rulez
Drake Shea
Title: Ensign, Graduate

Re: [KAMELA] Battlecocks™ (RR Prophecies) 15.03.2018

Post by Drake Shea »

Great fleet and many thanks for the reps. Saved my bacon on more than one occasion. During the engagement with the AF fleet I got into low structure, but reps landed when they needed to.
10/10 would have safety on green as fastlock tackle again
Uathraptor Unista
ImageImageImage