[AAR] New Eden Stephen Hawking Memorial

Xiang Fong
Title: Sophomore

[AAR] New Eden Stephen Hawking Memorial

Post by Xiang Fong »

Yesterday at 2200 EVE Time there was to be memorials for Stephen Hawking and lighting of cynos all over new eden. At about 1930, I decided I would lead everyone who wished to come to the New Eden system, where a large fleet would be held, among others by EVE-Scout. I tried finding others who wished to join, but none came so I went alone. I arrived slightly over half an hour early, but spent some time slowboating a Griffin which only had festival launchers fitted towards the direction of the New Eden Gate. After a bit I was joined by Drake Shea, and by now there were about 15 people in system. By 2200 there were about 30, and I had traded a spare festival launcher and some fireworks to a person who had forgotten them, and even been gifted 5 mil in return.
This was my first time in New Eden, and the gate looks amazing! It was also the first time I saw lit cynos, and there were a lot of those. After shooting fireworks, Drake left. I hadn't yet emptied my magazines and I wanted to see how all these fireworks looked at high settings, so I remained a bit longer. I also anchored 2 containers. At about 2230, EVE-Scout shoed up in force, with local and my overmiew being filled with light blue.
A few people dueled with the purpose of losing their ship and going home via pod, and I got about 5 mil in loot from that. At about 2250 I decided to go back to Amy, while the amount of people was slowly going down with about 25 still there.

Good:
- Stephen was celebrated.
- I figured out how to anchor containers
- We got some awesome visuals from fireworks*
- We didn't lose anyone who didn't try to get himself killed so he didn't have to fly back
- Made 5 mil in loot
- During the entire trip I held the whole fleet togther
- Helped others celebrate
- Saw cynos and the New Eden gate

To become better:
- Perhaps I should announce fleets more than 5 mins before undocking
- And maybe do it in the Alliance channel too
- Not boast about fleet cohesion of a 1 man fleet
- Estimating travel times

*Video by Drake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibl2dP4Yugc
Photos by other attendees which I actually saved bia imgur: https://imgur.com/user/superstrijder15/ ... g-memorial
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] New Eden Stephen Hawking Memorial

Post by Turlough Dominian »

Well done all the same buddie sounds like you had a good trip , I would have loved to join you sadly i got distracted by a buddie in RL till around 23:00 :/
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Drake Shea
Title: Ensign, Graduate

Re: [AAR] New Eden Stephen Hawking Memorial

Post by Drake Shea »

Great event to honor a great man and also finally visit the eve gate. I did loose my ship, but I fully intended to so I dueled someone in system. I'm very glad everyone come together and didn't try and kill anyone.
Uathraptor Unista
ImageImageImage