[AAR] Miner el Miner

Narthe Raytei
Title: Graduate

[AAR] Miner el Miner

Post by Narthe Raytei »

WHC was mining with their new toys, but i decided to roll bacon because bleh.

Jumped in to new bacon and found like 6 covetors; did some scouting and they were a massive mining corp/op, rorqual and all.
Did general scouting and intel gathering, possibly looking for a gank. However they eventually saw the new sig and docked up.

Continued doing general scouting just in case they might form up to fight us, they eventually tired to roll the hole.

Called what was happening and Urban called for Light armour panic formup.
"Light Armour"

Either way, we killed 2 of their rolling battleships: (you will see a third but continue reading)
https://zkillboard.com/related/31000382/201803110000/ +649mil ISK

After that we kinda went back to what we were doing but i decided to try and kill a manticore that was just hanging around in my helios.
I went to work and started killing it. During killing it; a raven landed and attempted to continue rolling the hole, which is where the 2nd raven came from.

Eventually i was able to kill the Manticore (granted with some unneeded help but hey ho)
https://zkillboard.com/kill/68621315/ +60mil ISK

Extra jumping and over-escalation meant that any further large targets were unlikely so cleanup was called.

As we were cleaning up and about to just roll the hole and continue, Ivika grabbed a bestower that was hanging around in the ore and killed it's pod too.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/68621538/ +21mil ISK
https://zkillboard.com/kill/68621560/ +85mil ISK

Following that we rolled the hole and everyone went back to mining.

Pros: Very quick response to rolling battleship calls, ships were gathered very very quickly to grab and kill the battleships.

Cons: Alot of cluttered coms and ignored calls.
- Light armour was called to form yet kitchen sink formed
- Calls to hold in places and not jump were unheard due to noise or ignored.
"The music does not play the musician." Daniel Jackson - Stargate SG1

Nothing to see here
Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] Miner el Miner

Post by Troven Smalvard »

at least it looks like everyone was in armour, so were 50% better at kitchen sink?
ImageImage ImageImage
Tylenos Targas
Title: WHC Admin Officer, Overdue for a podding, Mass Damps, tl;dr, Cannon Virtuoso, Inactive Softeners, Graduate

Post by Tylenos Targas »

Still, part of the purpose of 'light' fleets is that you have a more engage able profile, you can get a fight out certain situations where a guardian/sacrilege blob would simply scare off an opponent. Throw a couple of heavy hitters in a light armor fleet and you might already be tipping the scale :)
Narthe Raytei

Post by Narthe Raytei »

What Tylenos said, we already knew/assumed they were some kind of bears, so by calling the light armour we were trying to make ourselves look at fightable as possible and possibly tempt a fight.

Nothing to see here
Rashar Arji

Post by Rashar Arji »

I think you're missing the 'light' part of this form up.
Zako Maken
Title: WHC Admin Officer, Graduate

Post by Zako Maken »

Thanks for writing this up, enjoyed reading it! Also really appreciate that you post AARs so quickly.

Most AARs I read include a bit of self reflection on the part of the FC. Your pros and cons seem to be mostly geared at others, so I'd like to mention a few things.

Pros:
-You were self motivated and took PVP focused people into different channel to roll and find content
-You made good calls to try to draw a fight (like calling for combat ships to dock so they could just see the miners, among many others calls you made)
-You were very clear with your orders, I was never confused about what you wanted

Cons:
-before this all happened you berated the miners for talking while they were trying to get organized. I realize some of it was needless chatter, but some people have waited a long time for moon mining to come to WH space, and a lot of people were excited to participate. The way you handled this made it hard to take you seriously when things got serious
-Without going into needless detail on everything, I'll just say you were a little overly aggressive with your orders. For instance, Instead of yelling "shut up" maybe announce "combat comms, no unnecessary talk, questions in fleet chat"

As still somewhat of a noob, I really appreciate your experience and willingness to step up and take charge. I look forward to flying under your leadership and learning.
Image Image Image
Narthe Raytei

Post by Narthe Raytei »

I took the pvp focused people into a different channel, so cross talk wouldn't confuse both fleets and cause arguments due to wanting to hear different intel. It's hard to understand what someone is saying about details in a fight when someone is discussing how much m3 they mine per minute. So while it may look self motivated, it's because i didn't want myself or others to die due to lack of intel that couldn't be heard over other chatter.

While i agree the way i said and say things seriously need adjusting, there was alot of chatter when things such as enemies jumping through eggs was occurring and it was being ignored due to the chatter. and while yelling "shut up" should not be the first thing to say; it was only yelled after certain individuals continued to talk after being asked to be quiet for a second. I'm ok with being polite the first two times, but after that cards are off the table because respect has left the room.

Also berating the miners was just general poking fun but is understandable if it came across in the wrong way in which case i apologize.

Nothing to see here
Drak N'Gol

Post by Drak N'Gol »

Saying "Break break!" usually works. But yes decent engagement.