[AAR] Solitude BLAP Vexors (1700 MAR 4)

Crimson Herring
Title: Solitude Staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Sophomore

[AAR] Solitude BLAP Vexors (1700 MAR 4)

Post by Crimson Herring »

In which I learn that a cloaky Stratios is not always a bad thing.

Roam members (8) -
Spoiler
Atticus Vex
Crimson Herring
Darth Galifreia
Erwin Madelung
Gerrik Aldent
Iskarr Jarak
Tye Etch
Yrgrasil
Kills and Losses

Our fun started pretty quickly, as we noticed a gila on D-Scan in Pertnineere. We couldn't quite pin down exactly where it was, but fortunately Atticus Vex also happened to be hunting in his Stratios, and had been sitting cloaked in a DED site with him. We joined forces to try and bait him into returning to finish the site. Sure enough, shortly after despiking system, he undocked again in his Gila and slid back into the complex, but now found himself tackled by a Stratios with 5 Vexors plus Logi on the way. Probably overkill for a PvE Gila, but fun nonetheless.
(17:36:37) Pertnineere
Gila +377.68m

We then resumed our roam to try and catch any other ratters unaware, but were caught our selves when MasterGlorfy successfully baited me on a gatem, resulting in the total loss of our fleet. I had a feeling he would bring friends, but was caught completely unawares by both the speed and the magnitude of the trap.
(17:56:48) Hare, Heluene
Ares -32.34m
Augoror -15.46m
Vexor -45.3m
Augoror -27.21m
Vexor -36.95m
Vexor -39.62m
Capsule -54.07m

We reshipped and head out again, this time venturing into Syndicate, where we found a Caveman mining operation. We considered trying to gank a Hulk in a final blaze of glory, but they docked up pretty quickly.

Thanks everyone for coming out, and special thanks to Tye for scouting and Erwin for coordinating Logi

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 377,684,561.69
ISK Lost: 250,958,244.91
ISK Delta: 126,726,316.78
Efficiency: 60.079%
Tye Etch
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Solitude BLAP Vexors (1700 MAR 4)

Post by Tye Etch »

Thanks again for the fleet Crimson and for bringing PvP activities to Solitude, it's appreciated!

Just a thought from myself, due to the often low fleet turnout it may be worth exploring other doctrines rather than the common BLAP Vexors and Caracals for the next one.

From my own learning, I probably should not have been on gate with you in an interceptor during the final fight as I was swiftly torn apart by gate guns as soon as I engaged. I would have been of more use if I had jumped the gate to scout for incoming support/third parties or even burned away to act a ping to warp to if the fleet had encountered trouble from the gate guns.
Gerrik Aldent

Post by Gerrik Aldent »

Thanks FC great fleet! Also I will admit that was my pod. DC'd in middle of battle :(
Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Yrgrasil »

Thanks for fleet, even if i was again late :/ but good to see fleets in solitude
Atticus Vex
Title: Sophomore

Post by Atticus Vex »

Thanks for the shout out, Crimson. I'm glad we caught the Gila... love it when a plan comes together :)

I also would like to thank you for taking fleets out in Solitude. I definitely expect to make it on your next one.