[AAR] Destroyer Killers

Post by Gemma Solett »

Roam members (4)
Spoiler
Alexander Oromov
Gavo Schereau
Gemma Solett
Sone Eto
Sone is lazy so I'm writing this for him.

We started off the fleet by getting our newbro Gavo up to speed with some fittings, and he fitted out an incursus for himself.
Set off at around 2245 (I think) with a very fast comet, MWD Punisher, AB Incursus and a Magic Merlin

Kills and Losses

In Heydieles we came across a couple of frigates fighting a rupture. Our comet kited off some of the frigs while we slid into the safety of a plex. He managed to kill both of them solo, nice little bit of piloting there.
(23:11:34) Heydieles
Slasher +18.23m
Tristan +1.97m
Capsule +0.01m

We moved on and attempted to catch something [require additional memory capacity to recall] in a plex. It ran off while we were landing on the gate. We were scanning around when an Executioner landed at roughly 70km. Turned out the Executioner was streaming, so I had a quick chat with him before he headed back out. He was completely blindsided by how fast the Comet was moving (Comet had 2 Overdrives)
(23:59:52) Pynekastoh
Executioner +13.92m
Capsule +0.01m

At this point we had a brief bio, Sone went and got ice cream. Due to his ice cream eating FC was passed to Alexander, as he had killed the most during our fleet.

Kestrel aggressed us on the gate? Not entirely what they were thinking here.
(00:19:52) Aivonen
Kestrel +8.19m

I liked these kills. We warped in, quickly blapped the dragoon then warped off before the rest of their fleet got to us. Rinse and repeat for the Corax
(00:27:00) Kinakka
Dragoon +25.34m
Corax +23.14m

Scramuel Jackson (amazing name). We killed him twice. He almost killed the comet (7% hull!).
(00:45:47) Vlillirier
Catalyst +14.71m
Catalyst +14.44m

One last kill to finish off the night. While running from some bad people we found a Dragoon in Ostingele, so we did what any self respecting unista would do, and killed it to death.
(01:22:17) Ostingele
Dragoon +7.89m
Capsule +0.01m

We didn't lose any ships and got some nice fights out of this. Seems 4 frigs is enough to not scare away most destroyers, but able to kill them with relative ease (Luckily we didn't come up against De Bugg). The brawly frigs chewed through most things, with DPS around 700 and 20k ehp we were a force to be reckoned with. Couple of T3Ds got away, would've been interesting to see how we fared against the face melting dps of a Hecate but it warped off before we were ready. I did like Alexander's plan of letting me (in the Punisher) go in first/break warp invuln first so I could soak up some of the damage, but we never got to try it out.

What to improve:
Sone should stop eating ice cream
Sone should write his AARs
Sone should pay Gemma 100m isk/100 corpses

All in all just a really enjoyable fleet, thank you to everyone who came and I hope we can do some more small gang roams in the future.

ISK Destroyed: 127,876,161.17
ISK Lost: 0
ISK Delta: 127,876,161.17
Efficiency: 100%
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Re: [AAR] Destroyer Killers

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

Welcome back Alexander - great to see you again :)
Kora K
Title: Graduate

Post by Kora K »

Decklin Quark Reiger wrote:Welcome back Alexander - great to see you again :)
+1, good to see you around :)
Alexander Oromov
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Sophomore

Post by Alexander Oromov »

Kora K wrote:
Decklin Quark Reiger wrote:Welcome back Alexander - great to see you again :)
+1, good to see you around :)
o7 Decklin and Kora!

I'm pretty hyped being back on board and it's great to see you two and other familiar faces still being around.
Alexander Oromov
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Sophomore

Post by Alexander Oromov »

Gemma! Nice write up and very accurate memory.

From my perspective we did great. It was Gavo's first fleet in two years and he was pretty spot on midway fleet. And I did like your way of relaying intel.

When I took over for our ice cream loving FC Sone, I tried to increase speed a bit, and thanks to Factional Warfare experience, skip some of the safety measures to dive right into the action. Thanks to our group being spot on, we managed to play our cards right! We were relentlessly diving into fights and it was very entertaining.

Our wolf pack came back home in one piece, and guys, I can officially declare... we just had a "Perfect Fleet"! 8)
Sone Eto
Title: Sophomore

Post by Sone Eto »

Alexander made this fleet awesome and him taking FC was what made it successful. Most importantly, his leadership and initiative enabled me to eat ice cream. Thanks for the writing the AAR, Gemma; my laziness knows no bounds.