Arrmor frigates

Union Pivo
Title: LSC Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Arrmor frigates

Post by Union Pivo »

Roam members (14) - NOTE: This section is NOT usually included in AARs.
Spoiler
Decklin Quark Reiger
Eddie Dante
Glen Burney
Jonathan Wolf
Kora K
Laser Skaron
Mols Halleck
Trillian Ituin
Union Pivo
Willow K
Wokum
Zykey Jovakko
ashahara
violer
Breeze couldn't make it so I took over as an FC. I delayed fleet for an hour to 19:00 for everybody to have enough time to bring their ships, coffee and themselves to Kamela.

Formup was strait forward and I even got my 3 t2 logi ships. Also thanks Wokum for bringing a few retributions and decons for the rest of us.

During the fleet there were several occasions when boosher could be useful, so next time i will try to bring one. Not sure how i feel about fcing from different ship than mainline but as far as i understand that is considered normal.

Retributions have advantage over enyo of beeing able to use scorch and with it range, but I haven't used those advantage during this fleet. I essentially used them the same as enyos. But for engagements we had, I am not sure that anchoring and using scorch would make a difference.

Kills and Losses
(19:31:06) Kamela
Rupture +34.37m
Vexor +76.45m
Vexor Navy Issue +118.07m
Algos +16.76m

So we found this small gang and we took it. The biggest mistake was order of targets, but i went for rupture since I believed it will be the easiest to kill.
But in the end i think VNI was the fastest to go down. Not sure why that was. Logi was awesome so we lost nobody.

After this fight we went around looking for some more fights but until the end we only found quick gangs.

(19:53:12) Ezzara
Kestrel +10.72m

(20:02:29) Vard
Rifter +2.69m
Capsule +0.01m

(20:20:19) Ebolfer
Coercer +21.91m

On our way back we met snuffed out fleet that consisted of 6 guardians and various other t2 cruisers and command ships, that we avoided.

This was the closesest we got to another fleet fight, but unfortunately that was the only thing we caught. Maybe i was too eager to jump whole fleet in, and we could have killed more by slowly adding more people.

(20:57:42) Kamela
Tormentor -8.58m
Corax +10.65m

Ok so we spoted Sutonias gang(cerebrus, hecate, retribution and something else I forgot) and we figured out they are long ranged and we couldn't take them in our current ships. So some of us reshipped into caracals and tried to get them. It turned out to be a trap, and soon a dozens of kestrels and some support ships landed, so we warped off.

Then Deckiln reshipped into Osprey Navy, and we tried to get destoyer at a range, but he was too far so we had to warp away again.

(21:05:49) Kamela
Malediction -38.36m
Malediction -37.74m

Too bad if we had as many people as we stared the fleet we could probably take them (10 caracals with 3 ospreys)

So conclusion. Retributions can be used as enyos, but then you are not using their full potential with schorch. Also if you are mixing retributions with other armor frigates that have blasters (or AC's) you can't use that as advantage.

Command dessies are awesome i should be using more of them.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 291,619,547.6
ISK Lost: 84,683,599.48
ISK Delta: 206,935,948.12
Efficiency: 77.496%
Zykey Jovakko
Title: Sophomore

Re: Arrmor frigates

Post by Zykey Jovakko »

I really enjoyed this fleet and many thanks to Union Pivo for making it really easy for me the newbro, I didnt get lost once and I hope to fly with you all again soon :D
Eddie Dante

Post by Eddie Dante »

Was only there for the last part of the fleet. Lesson learned: dont login the game with RL stuff still on my mind, undock a hard to fly & paper thin interceptor and warp in the fray.

Also, retributions are scaaaaary. :lol:

(btw, dont think it was nescessarily a trap at the end, there was a lot of gangs going around Kamela and its not like were the only one using dscan ;) )
Union Pivo
Title: LSC Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Union Pivo »

I am not positive but i think kestrels at least were from agressive feeding (ie Sutonia's corp)
Kora K
Title: Graduate

Post by Kora K »

Many thanks for taking the fleet out :)

Ashahara quote is missing tho, after we told him the "newbros" he sent money to was probably an alt :
"I'm going to send the guy an evemail and ask for my money back" :D
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Kora K wrote:Many thanks for taking the fleet out :)

Ashahara quote is missing tho, after we told him the "newbros" he sent money to was probably an alt :
"I'm going to send the guy an evemail and ask for my money back" :D
LOL.

Once I SRPed double of what I intended (100M instead of 50M). I've sent email asking guy to return the excess... never got it back. :/