[Kamela] Vacation fun in Provi /w Spectre

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[Kamela] Vacation fun in Provi /w Spectre

Post by Budda Sereda »

As part of https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=108527 I decided to get MWD Rail Harpies into nul-sec.

We started with 5 logies, I believe 3 T2 and 2 T1, 1 CD, 1 dictor, 2 ceptors, the rest DD (primarily harpies). In total, 30 pilots.
Spoiler
ADSexploit
ALTxF4
Arie Adne
Aurora Glass
Bligiet Actault
Budda Sereda
Chale'aan
Darion Atlas
ELPRESIDENTE PENULTIMO
Farfalla Northville
Ferrimm
FrimasQc L
GER ST4UBS4UGER
Glen Burney
Jasper Ely
Johnathen Hudson
Kennie Minh
Malcomtempt
Matthos Seaworth
Mister Shushu
Prince Tojo
Rikku Rawrcake
Tris Cherante
Vermillion Project
Victor Fabre
Warnam
Wokum
Zalinee
darkani
empyriosis Bheskagor
We barely undocked as we saw a gang of Thrashers. We hit them on 1 gate, they warped to another and on another they took a fight.
My assumption was that same as against Kora's fleet (https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=108524) they would be AC fit and we will have an easy and safe job dealing with them.
I believe they intentionally warped to the gate at 20, we were at 0. I guess ideal for a Rail Harpy to engage Thrashers. But they were arty fit and we lost 2 ships, but still made a quick job killing them. Unfortunately, trade was not great as Harpies and logies cost 10 times more. If I knew they are arty fit I would not engage.

(03:31:21) Kamela, Dital
Thrasher +6.08m
Kirin -56.99m
Thrasher +2.91m
Harpy -56m
Thrasher +4.2m
Thrasher +2.91m
Thrasher +4.32m

While we reshipped fleet get a copuple another kill:
Imperial Navy Slicer +39.98m
Capsule +0.01m

Later same folks rehipped into RR Prophecies and gave us another fight. TBH, we should not have taken any losses, but we did.
It was a long fight, I did not realize immediately they are RR, was more concerned about staying at range, but somebody called we need to split them.
They stayed quite close to each other but we were able to split them a bit. Unfortunately, we also split the fleet. Yet, 1 Prophecy stayed along, it was killed first, later we got fleet together and finished the rest:

Harpy -55.99m
Prophecy +80.26m
Prophecy +101.65m
Bantam -8.91m
Ishkur -51.55m
Worm -97.88m
Prophecy +79.88m
Prophecy +80.58m
Prophecy +115.94m

GF!

Enough warm up in low, I did want to go to nul and see if there is any content in Providence. I can't say it was really my mistake, but probably I should not ask fleet to make a free-burn into KBP7. As part of that, somehow, I don't have much detail, quite a few people stuck on the gate and were killed.
I assume they were caught AFTER jump and did not crash gate to run away.
I should be more careful moving fleet in the active area, and people should learn basic safety.

Bantam -10.95m
Stork -120.75m
Kirin -57.08m
Capsule -0.01m

SAD.

In KBP7 we had a Broadsword bubling the gate. Firstly, we safely escaped the bubble, and were planning to boosh it from the gate and kill, but he cynoed 3 Rorquals. We tried to get few guys from the Dital, but this did not happen. Dunno why.

(04:03:38) KBP7-G
Ishkur -53.78m
Harpy -56.74m

@Wokum: would you mind sharing more information about that? If you were caught after the jump, were you able to crash the gate back?

Later, quite a few people jumped through solo appeared to be out of the bubble and successfully joined the fleet later.

Providence looked really empty: no carebears. We found a system with 90 players in local, but we run through it quickly and they ignored us.

We went for roaming and had quite a few good fights.

First, we decloaked Viator who jumped into us:
(04:22:00) UL-7I8
Viator +261.72m
Capsule +86.81m

Later we spotted a small gang, which I was hesitant to engage, but took a risk. Appeared to be a good fight and loot which allows now to SRP support ship loses.

(04:50:16) 2J-WJY, F4R2-Q, ZXIC-7, KW-I6T
Flycatcher -106.11m
Phantasm +445.05m
Daredevil +109.19m
Algos +11.6m
Capsule +27.54m
Stabber +39.9m
Bhaalgorn +1027.57m
Capsule +0.92m
Harpy -66.8m

Almost immediately, we've found a RS, but it cynoed quite a bit of ships and not all could disengage on time:
Bantam -10.54m
Harpy -62.82m
Capsule -0.01m

Few minutes laster we caught a transport ship with cargo on a gate:
Kryos +78.1m

And lmost immediately, we've met another big gang of BS suported by ceptors and dictors. As it was quite late, instead of going through the gate I decided to return back home

In Dital we found Bhaalgorn sitting on a gate, dakkari bought the kill-right:
(05:22:33) Dital
Bhaalgorn +307.11m

empyriosis forgot we are in HS and aggressed something:
Harpy -67.27m
Capsule +0.01m

Fleet summary:
ISK Destroyed: 2,914,222,892.09
ISK Lost: 940,197,132.08
ISK Delta: 1,974,025,760.01
Efficiency: 75.607%

Lessons learned:
1. Don't assume opponents fit - watch the ship when you have time, especially if ships price difference is huge.
2. Be careful moving a flashy fleet through the HS.

Even Providence has not carebears, there are still quite a few roaming gangs and you can get a GF from that.

P.S. As fleet was profitable, I will provide double size of my traditional SRP for all support ships loses:
50M for T2 logies
100M for dictors and CD
Also, will reimburse T1 logies.

Many thanks to all!
Budda Sereda

Re: [Kamela] Vacation fun /w Spectre

Post by Budda Sereda »

Paid out SRPs.
Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

Post by Glen Burney »

Good Job Budda, it was a wonderful little roam!

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)
Raido Kudonen

Post by Raido Kudonen »

This fleet took place 10 days after a patch that drastically altered assault frigate balance, most notably by adding a module that gives AFs huge temporary increases in tank. Is there a reason the fits for the Harpies and Ishkurs people lost haven't generally changed to incorporate assault damage controls? (CPU cost is not a good reason, especially when you're putting long points on all your AAFs - usually not a good way to spend your CPU.)
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Join Fweddit - Be a Space Chikun!
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Raido Kudonen wrote:This fleet took place 10 days after a patch that drastically altered assault frigate balance, most notably by adding a module that gives AFs huge temporary increases in tank. Is there a reason the fits for the Harpies and Ishkurs people lost haven't generally changed to incorporate assault damage controls? (CPU cost is not a good reason, especially when you're putting long points on all your AAFs - usually not a good way to spend your CPU.)
First thing to realize is it was a Spectre fleet and Spectre pilots don't have access to original expected doctrine: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=108527 and Ishkur there does have ADC as part of the recommended fit.

Why did not I put ADC as a requirement to Harpy's fit? See below.

1. Time. I admit this sounds more like an excuse, but I did not really have much time to research possible fits or think of what would be a good one so came up with something on my own.

2. Poor doctrine making skills. I admit it.
Fits I came up with have 2 options: either MFS or ADC. Going for ADC would cost quite a bit of DPS (158 vs 189). An alternative was to use 2 fitting modules, but I remember recommendations that if you use 2 fitting modules then you probably doing something wrong.
There were other alternatives but they were either exceeding both CPU and PWG or had left too much of unused CPU/PWG so I did not consider them good.

3. Previous experience. I was flying AF with no DC at all (and they were quite successful fleets) and lack of personal experience of flying ADC (I did not know how great ADC is).

And even though it was itchy to try ADC in action, for reasons described below I've decided to stay with 'traditional fit'.

Would I use the same fit if I had another fleet to go? After some research, I've found another fit which I believe is a great improvement (based on a killmail from my fleet, with my modifications):
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[Harpy, MWD 150mm Rail Shield]

Assault Damage Control II
Co-Processor II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Upgraded EM Ward Amplifier I
Republic Fleet Small Shield Extender
Warp Disruptor II

150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
[Empty High slot]

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator II
The key difference is usage of Republic Fleet Small Shield Extender: it reduces slightly EHP but allows to stay with only 1 fitting module. This module is also cheaper than compact version of the MSE :)

Summary: there is value of writing AAR!