[FLEET] Kamela - Introducing ourselves to the locals

Kora K
Title: Graduate

[FLEET] Kamela - Introducing ourselves to the locals

Post by Kora K »

o/

Operation Kamelalot has officialy started \o/ For those who don't know, the LSC has opened a nice little beach house in the Amarr/Min FW zone, and will stay here for a month. Yesterday, we took the first fleet out to our new hunting grounds, and introduced ourselves to the charming fellas living there :)

The doctrine was shield AF, and we got around 23-25 people joining in :
- 4 Logis : Decklin, Breeze, Zarquuuuu, Maximus
- Eddie as our content finder, and 2 ceptors to back him up
- B'Aldrick in an Hyena
- Myself in a CD
- A Maulus, piloted by Arashi's alt.
- Space flying a SB
- And around 10-13 AF

Roam members (25)
Spoiler
Arashi Shizukana
B'aldrick Aivoras
Blind Scion
Breeze One
Calder Ormand
Daax Xenos
Decklin Quark Reiger
Eddie Dante
Ivika Starfury
Kora K
KraK Oziane
Maximus Hert
Muzzy Chuck
Oh' Leeador
RankNine
Rebulah Conundrum
Senshi Shizukana
SketchyManDan Williams
Sone Eto
Space Warfare Development
Union Pivo
Willow K
Wokum
Zarquu Fussuhfusus
ashahara
While forming up, Eddie spotted a lot of people and trashers in Arzad. It's, I belive, the home of the local Minmatar alliance Ushra'Khan. So, we made it our first desto, headed there, went to a small plex and waved in local. They had around 20 trashers ready for us, which seemed tough for us, but doable with good execution. They started the fight really well, by all aligning before taking the plex gate. They also waited a few seconds, with their invulnerability timer, so they had everyone on grid. We couldn't really snipe some of them to reduce the DPS.

Our malediction was the first to go, followed by myself, which was unfortunate (no more CD). After a couple seconds, Union stepped up as FC. He died a few minutes later, and then Sketchy took over. Since I was alive for about 10s, I'm gonna let Union and Sketchy tell their stories. There was also a lot of discussions on slack regarding this engagement, and the new ADCU module. I'm also going to let the report speak for itself :) But it was basically a DPS race, and I was hoping our logis would keep us alive long enough so we could "stabilize". It was heading that way, until they switched to our logis who melted under the pressure. After that, everyone was tackled, and the remaining few fought until the very end.

We undocked at 1925, and 20mn later, we were back in Kamela in our pods.

Kills and Losses
(19:38:08) Arzad
Malediction -58.43m
Capsule -0.01m
Bifrost -125.19m
Thrasher +10.41m
Stiletto +42.6m
Hawk -55.75m
Thrasher +6.11m
Harpy -58.32m
Thrasher +11.72m
Thrasher +10.41m
Harpy -56.82m
Harpy -55.41m
Harpy -66.54m
Thrasher +12.53m
Harpy -55.62m
Breacher +10.75m
Stiletto -52.4m
Thrasher +10.3m
Thrasher +9.21m
Jaguar -80.85m
Thrasher +10.46m
Harpy -50.66m
Merlin -1.07m
Merlin -6.3m
Thrasher +11.61m
Capsule -0.01m
Thrasher +10.25m
Ishkur -53.95m
Kirin -78.49m
Capsule -0.01m
Ishkur -70.82m
Thrasher +11.54m
Kirin -96.38m
Scalpel -98.27m
Kirin -46.54m
Jaguar -73.7m

After this first fight, everyone was still up for roaming, so we took Magic Merlins out. My goals was to check the central area (the Hexagon of Death (TM)), and the North of the warzone. At this point I was willing to blob everything, to say hello to our new neighbours.

(20:20:56) Amamake
We played with the stabber on a gate, and he did a very good job spliting up the fleet (on both side of the gate, and on grid). We finally managed to pin him down, but he took some of us down in the process.
Nemesis -69.07m
Merlin -7.93m
Merlin -7.94m
Stabber +43.94m
Capsule +0.01m

(20:32:25) Eszur
This Typhoon was running sites, and was a bit elusive at first. Eddie managed to put a point on the BS and the wolfpack jumped on the poor guy.
Typhoon +202.31m

(20:39:13) Ardar, Kourmonen, Eszur
Multiple engagements here. The Caracal was at the sun, the exec in a plex (with more friends, who warped off), and the Gnosis at a gate. The Gnosis was following us / roaming around for quite some time, so I'm glad we finally nailed him.
Caracal +26.11m
Capsule +0.01m
Condor -2.87m
Executioner +2.92m
Merlin -7.76m
Gnosis +87.64m
Capsule +0.01m

At this point I needed to start making my way home, so we did that. There was a big fight around a Citadel in Auga (Goons/Snuff vs Handlebears), but sadly we couldn't "join". We checked the remaining systems before Kamela, and tethered at the beach house. I was ready to disband the fleet, when some blues (The Royal Navy) convo-ed us. They wanted a fight, and we wanted a fight, everyone was happy :) They had only 5 AF, and a bait Drake, but they were ok with our swarm of frigates. We decided to meet in Egmar, a few jumps out.

Before entering Egmar, I was informed of a large (20-ish) punishers fleet following us. It was the same corp we fought before, so :
- We went inside a small
- I asked our blue friends if they wanted to team up against them. The "strategy" was to call them after the Minmatar guys entered the plex.

They only had 1 Navitas, so I was suspecting RR Punishers. We had a nice comp, with some logis and around 1000-1200 DPS, so it would be an interesting fight.

We started bashing some punishers, when I got blown up again after 30s. Union took over, and he'll tell the rest of the story. But, spoiler, we won this time :D

(21:30:30) Egmar
Punisher +10.86m
Burst -5.49m
Punisher +13.19m
Merlin -7.18m
Merlin -6.78m
Merlin -8.05m
Punisher +11.02m
Taranis -36.94m
Navitas +12.55m
Merlin -7.93m
Punisher +12.98m
Burst -5.44m
Kestrel +3.08m
Punisher +11.41m
Punisher +11.71m
Punisher +12.45m
Punisher +10.79m
Punisher +12.46m
Punisher +16.15m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 669,512,373.26
ISK Lost: 1,414,909,217.92
ISK Delta: -745,396,844.66
Efficiency: 32.12%

To sum up :
- 2 nice fleet fights in a night
- A arranged fight proposal
- A couple of ganks
- A costly introduction to the locals
- A sweet revenge for said whelp

Thanks everyone for joining, and Union and Sketchy for FCing the fun parts :) I hope you enjoyed it, and that you'll start stocking ships in Kamela.

o7
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [FLEET] Kamela - Introducing ourselves to the locals

Post by Budda Sereda »

I remember once I had AF fleet and engaged with T1 ships... not the good thing because unless you have ENOUGH logies you won't trade well...

But, looks like even a low-sec area is rich for content... which is good.
Eddie Dante

Post by Eddie Dante »

It was at least an eventful fleet ;) On both fleetfights i was keeping my distance, not being able to be of much help since the AF's all had tackle. Dove into the punishers and grabbed tackle at the end when they seemed to be scattering. The typhoon was initially running the Gala site but got scared and warped off. A minute later he regained his courage, which gave me an easy tackle. The gnosis im quite happy with. Was about to jump out of the system when i noticed he was on dscan outside the small plex our fleet was in, another easy tackle after that. At the very end of the fleet, i tried to get a fight out of 2 BC's and support, unfortunately they werent having it and cleverly using safes while i chased them a few systems.
Improvements could definately be made on my communication, think i sounded a bit too excited at times which made things confusing. New system names werent helping either.

Quick amarr/Minmatar FW intell summary:
Looking at dotlan (http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Amarr_VS_Minmatar#kills24), our beloved holiday home, Kamela, is bottom center.
I started of checking the left bottom pipe (Sosala towards Oyonata and attached systems) while fleet was forming. It all seemed pretty quiet, which was inline with other fly-throughs i did in the last couple of days.
From kamela, the bottomright pipe takes us from lamaa towards Arzad (home of Ushra'Khan). Usually some activity in Arzad, my guess is that around primetime, fleet fights are almost a guarantee.
From Arzad to the left, theres a little spiderweb cluster around Asghed, we didnt went there with the fleet, but usually some loose ships or micro-gangs are found plexing.

From kamela going up though kourmonen towards auga is a bit more dangerous: prime gatecamping territory. Auga is the first system of the 'Hexagon of Death' (center cluster on the map' and home of No Handlebars (major force in this part of FW space). Lantorn, also in the hexagon, is the home of Snuffed Out (another major force). Its easy to get overwhelmed in those systems. Siseide (and Egghelende), is the entry system when going from Stacmon towards our holiday home. Dal & Amamake usually have content, together with the two systems above that: Hofjaldgund & Eszur.

All systems on the upper side of the map, i have less info on. Exception of Resbroko/Hadozeko (top left) which is a gatecamping hotspot. Looking forward on checking out the spiderweb around Aset (somewhat top left), while i suspect the top right pipe has much less content.
Oh, and if anyone cares: Amarr tradehub is closest to Kamela (6jumps or so); Rens tradehub is cloest to the Hexagon of death; Hek tradehub is closest to the top left of the map.
Kora K
Title: Graduate

Post by Kora K »

Awesome write up Eddie, thanks for sharing all these infos