[AAR] Armor Assault Frigates Feb 14 0100

Calder Ormand
Title: Orientation Officer, Mentor, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

[AAR] Armor Assault Frigates Feb 14 0100

Post by Calder Ormand »

Here's the fleet feedback form if you have yet to fill it out.

Roam members (14)
Spoiler
Aiden Chance
Atticus Vex
Barrett Chanlin
Beavis Alland
Calder Ormand
Gemma Solett
Glen Burney
Kontxesi Buchanan
Kukiko Itovuo
Traq Varoon
Wokum
Z0X Ambrye
Zako Maken
nate the distroyer
The fleet undocked with 6 assault frigates, 2 inties, with the rest of the fleet in T1 frigates and a destroyer. I started by directing the fleet through Essence in hopes of finding people running the new Gala sites. We came across a Myrmidon and Ishtar, initially thought to be running a site together. I figured we couldn't take the both of them together so we moved on.

Essence was fairly quiet aside from a Drake found running a Gala site, so we finally made our way to Black Rise and Tama where content was plentiful just not much we could take on.

(01:32:42) Fliet
Drake +71.22m

We got to Abune and traded our scout for an Incursus and Griffin.

(01:38:50) Abune
Malediction -47.93m
Incursus +14.52m
Griffin +13.79m

We got into Kedama, local spiked, and we heard the battle cry of Dirt n Glitter entering system. Classy. Gemma found a Magus at a Small next door and by the time the rest of the fleet caught up they were about 100km off the beacon. The Magus was DnG and his corp mates began spiking system, so we ran away. DnG was mostly in faction/t1 frigs, which isn't a bad comp to try fighting, but the cancer (Garmur/Orthrus) they had with them was no bueno.

Once the fleet got together, we went back to Kedama with DnG hot on our tails and ran into Black Fox in faction cruisers. I gave that a big nope and we left Tama with our tails between our legs and went on to Oicx after our break.

(02:01:29) Kedama
Retribution -47.85m
Capsule -0.01m

Not quite sure how we lost these two.

(02:17:03) Nennamaila
Malediction -48.2m
Imperial Navy Slicer -33.81m

I, being the terrible FC that I am, gave the fleet multiple waypoints that lead to use looping through the same few systems. On our first trip through Oicx, we found a large amount of Galmil frigs/dessies plexing. They were pretty determined to run away once we landed on grid with them, but we managed to kill a good bit of them. I'll need to remember to explain "spreading points" in my newbro speech and check the type of tackle on the ships in the vanguard. At one point the vanguard slid into 5 or 6 frigs, but they all warped off except for 1 or 2.

(02:29:21) Oicx
Inquisitor +7.53m
Algos +6m
Algos +16.45m
Omen Navy Issue -148.97m
Condor +12.34m
Atron +0.41m
Navitas +7.26m
Condor +11.22m

We came across a flashy Procurer, that seemed to be auto-piloting. Knowing full well that he could be carrying a cyno, but also dissatisfied with the amount of content we found thus far we engaged it. We jumped through the gate and caught it on the other side.

(02:43:49) Martoh
Procurer +35.43m
Capsule +0.01m

We came back around to Oicx and the Fed Up guys asked for a brawl at the sun. I, in my naiveté, had the fleet warp to the sun at zero. They out-numbered us about 2 to 1 and we were quickly slaughtered.

(02:52:32) Oicx
Algos +10.44m
Enyo -42.93m
Algos +10.43m
Enyo -52.2m
Retribution -47.84m
Enyo -43.57m
Retribution -47.55m
Punisher -10.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Inquisitor +11.43m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 228,473,324.87
ISK Lost: 570,874,460.61
ISK Delta: -342,401,135.74
Efficiency: 28.582%

Review:
  • Second week in a row of undocking without enough webs :roll:
  • I was pretty scattered, so I had us looped around the same systems quite a few times. Luckily those systems were semi-busy, but I wish we covered more ground.
  • I got pretty scattered after getting the fleet sandwiched between the two fleets in Kedama/Tama. I need to work on keeping a cool head during those situations. I'm glad we got away for that mess with only one loss.
  • The welp in Oicx was, particularly embarrassing. I was really hoping to find a fleet fight this night and was desperate. I really should have gotten the fleet to a safe and waited for Fed Up to undock and get a feel for their fleet comp, rather than assume they still had the same numbers we saw from before.
Kora K
Title: Graduate

Re: [AAR] Armor Assault Frigates Feb 14 0100

Post by Kora K »

I'm glad to see more people taking AF out, it's a very nice roaming doctrine for LS. These frigates can punch quite a lot, are faster now, low sig radius,... so very good in a lot of situations, especially paired with a CD. An Hyena is also a very important support, for those long webs while the AF are getting in range. You can also use the AF as scout / tackle, so having only 1 scout/tackle is usually enough, and you can put newbros in punishers / armour ships to have more meat and DPS.

You also have a very good tank with T2 resist, so my advice is to always have 3 T2 logi (Deacons > Thalia). They can keep each other up most of the time, and also rep us when they have some spare. If you can't get enough people, 2 logis are fine as long as you have good pilot in these. A 10mn Deacon is also a good choice for them.

If you're fighting cruisers and up, void seems to always be the right choice for that extra DPS, as long as you have 2 webs to keep the primary from moving. In that case, you just approach the target, and only orbit if you're getting primaried.

Last random thought, dessies can be quite nasty against the AF. I usually go inside a plex and wait at 0, then it's just a DPS race to burn them faster they burn you. By being inside, you can pop up the first ones sliding and get some free kills. If the fight is not happening in a deadspace pocket, a good warp-in and a fleet warp is your best bet, or using a CD. Load void and overheat until you think you can stabilize the fleet.
Gemma Solett
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Armor Assault Frigates Feb 14 0100

Post by Gemma Solett »

Was a nice chance to get some more scouting experience in, even if it did end up costing me 3 maledictions from the stockpile :) .

The slicer and myself that you weren't sure about both died almost immediately after we came back from our bio in Nenn.

I had found a BNI at the gala site, and as soon as you were back we started to warp to it. It was at range to the beacon and warped to a (large?) plex where the other ships were waiting with it. Being an interceptor I was on grid first and managed to point the BNI. Was able to keep up enough transversal on the BNI, but their malediction managed to land a scram and I was almost instantly erased from the grid by all 3.

The fight afterwards (where Glen unfortunately lost his ONI) was an interesting one for me. Glen was around 100km off the warp in with several frigs on top of him. I burned out to him as quickly as possible in an attempt to scram the frigs so he had a chance at taking them out, or simply scare them off. In my haste I thought that I could get one more heated cycle of my MWD off. With a burned out MWD, Glen dead, and several frigates chasing me I started burning straight back towards the main body of the fleet. Halfway back I ran out of paste, but still continued repping and was slowly dipping into hull. Just about managed to escape in low hull when the rest of the fleet starting wiping out the fast frigs holding point.

The last fight was a bit of a shame, would've been nice to have a good fleet fight but I guess it can't always go to plan. I thought that my pitiful DPS (30 or so) wouldn't be much help in the main body of the fight so I attempted to get the griffin off grid. Unfortunately I didn't even have enough DPS for that :confused: .

I would still say it was a good fleet, we started off pretty well with the Drake and I think some of us learned a good bit about sliding into hostile plexes (I know I did) while chasing that algos gang around.