[AAR] The Mythic Battle Nereus - Eve Gate Trip

Cryptic Sharvas
Title: Pochven Fleet Captian

[AAR] The Mythic Battle Nereus - Eve Gate Trip

Post by Cryptic Sharvas »

So had a crazy Idea. Visit the EVE gate again. Do it again in Velators. Try to get everyone blown up.

The side benefit was to teach people how to shoot guns and listen to comms and follow instructions while crying from laughter.

It was after all a fun fleet.

The goal was to run as if being chased till we reached the eve gate and then take on every and all ships we come across and shoot our way out, or die comically.

We formed up at the super top secret location of the AMC. In the place that shall not be named, Greagan made a bunch of Velators all bearing his name. The fleet was going to be Hilarious on D-Scan. Everyone in the fleet (all 10 of us) were forbidden from renaming the ships. We took time to manage our fits and change out the equipment the ships came with for something more effective.

Once everyone had the ships fitted to the best of their skills we headed off.

We reached the eve gate while learning to take simple fleet instructions. Align to this, fleet take this warp. by the time we got to the eve gate I had my timing of everything down so that we weren't leaving anyone behind.

We passed a fleet when we were 2 jumps out fromthe eve gate and we figured we'd probably become bob Sacrifices when leaving the eve-gate. however when we came back it wasn't to be they had left system. The Power of Greagan Tonathias' Velators strikes again. everyone runs in fear.

We did a side trip and visited a monolith, attempted to mine for veldspar but monolith wasn't giving it up.

We then started heading back and the trip was un-eventful we tried to lock up a few ships we saw but they crashed gates or ignored us. How dare they!

We made it to Bridi where our mining bloodlust was just in need of quenching. A venture fell to our Velator fleet.

Venture: +579K

We lost 2 Velators to a guy that tried to save his Venture buddy but then the Coercer he was flying went pop.

Velator: -687K
Velator: -134K
Coercer: +8,746K

Then in an Act of crazy bloodlust Kyrrant the Manager fo the AMC AWOX'd JohnPlayerNotSpecial

Pod: -10K

Why was John in a Pod? Because he lost his Velator to the Coercer. The other Velator lost (the expensive one) was Greagan. Maybe he was primaried due to ship names?

With total ownership of Bridi complete we moved on to AMI.

We found a Nereus on D-Scan and we anchored off a citadel while looking for for him. once we identified what belt he was in we warped in and tackled him six ways to Sunday. This Nereus was in a belt and it was going to die to the velators. Except it was the famous Mythical Battle Nerues.

Out came drones and I quickly ordered that the drones be primaried, we needed to remove his DPS before we could focus on killing him.

Velator: - 148K
Velator: -81K (Greagan again lost his ship)
Velator: -2,039K
Velator: -2,164K
Velator: -163K
Velator: -1,029K

Nereus: +11,765K (I hope Nash Idaho joins the UNI he was a great sport and seemed to have fun)

For the record he put out Hobgoblin IIs and when those disappeared he threw out Acolyte IIs it was a tough fight. and it was fun.

I called for us to loot the wreck and then get out and well most of us did scramble. but some of us got caught by a lonely thrasher, because some of those destroyed in the Battle Nereus fight were warping back to the fight after reshipping.

Velator: -75K
Velator: -1,280K
Pod: -10K

When then decided to camp the Gate to High sec and blast anyone that tried to come through. The THrasher pilot laned at the gate at 750KM away.

I asked in local:

Cryptic Sharvas: Icarus Casablancas Are you AFK?

No response.

So in a Move of the purest of Brilliance I started to burn towards him to create a warp in point for the rest of the fleet.

At 50KM away my ship disappeared and I warped out to a station in my pod. The following response was given in local:

Velator: -2,725K

Icarus Casablancas: Cryptic Sharvas: No

2 other pilots died when he warped in to the gate:

Velator: -84K
Velator: -1,859K

And a pod express back home:

Pod: -10k

The Prize for the most velators lost goes to: All of us.

Velator with a Kill mark. This Velator was popped and is now gone.

Isk Lost: -12,498K*
Isk Destroyed: +21,090
Isk Efficency: +59.26%

*This was all put together with loot and other junk laying around from missions. did anyone really loose anything?

I would be happy to run this fleet again. I do hope to put together Battle Nereuses .. that doctrine looks like fun. This fleet was to show those at the AMC you can have fun doing PvP without spending alot of isk, as long as you have the most important ship ... Friendship... because solo pvp in a Velator is NUTS!
Image ImageImageImageImage
Nash Idaho

Re: [AAR] The Mythic Battle Nereus - Eve Gate Trip

Post by Nash Idaho »

I think I won eve that night, the "Party Bus" has since been refitted and filled with exotic dancers and illegal drugs like a happy pinata with angry teeth, i will be collecting all the loot i kill and leaving it in the cargo hold to surprise the next winner! i've only had 2 applicants so far but they both made it to the final round props to them for brining a laser light show to really kick the party bus up a notch! https://zkillboard.com/kill/67942482/ https://zkillboard.com/kill/67797387/

I'm not sure i will join EVE uni it seems wanting to join in on your stupid fleets is not a good enough reason for joining :( but i do hope to see you guys out there, i promise shenanigans if you do as well...

party bus.jpg
Kyrrant
Title: AMC Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, Graduate, Management

Post by Kyrrant »

It was a very fun fleet, much more than I expected out of a simple trip to the EVEgate. Also, John asked me to pod express him home, and I still have his corpse if anyone is interested.

Nash, thanks for the fun too.
ImageImageImage
Greagan Tonathias
Title: AMC Officer, Graduate

Post by Greagan Tonathias »

Nash thank you was nice meeting you and chatting im hoping someday youll reconsider but all in all im hoping we all had a great time and yes nash that includes you
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Bantams Are Love, Bantams Are Life. Nothing More to Say About That. Oh and My Ideas Are The Best!! If Its Not A Box Dont Fly It- friendly Reminder From Your Neighborhood Bantam Man.
Roger Alleile
Hauling Manager
Hauling Manager
Title: Sophomore

Post by Roger Alleile »

That sounds like a blast. I am sorry I missed it. Hope I can catch the next one.