[FLEET] Armour AssFrigs - Chasing stray cats

Kora K
Title: Graduate

[FLEET] Armour AssFrigs - Chasing stray cats

Post by Kora K »

o/

Posted it in the wrong section initially.

o/

We didn't get any fleet fight unfortunately, space was a bit empty and the only 3 fleets we found were too big for us (Ishtars, Jacdaws, and gate campers with too much tank). We did manage to gank some people along the way, so at least we stayed awake.

Comps :
- 2 logis :( We need more logi pilots, which are vital to any fleet and even more on this one. Besides the fact that flying logi is fun and exciting, SRP is good, people will love you and FCs will name their children after you.
- 2 EWAR : A Maulus and a Grifin, then 2 Griffins, then nothing. Good job both of you, beware of gate guns tho :)
- 1 Pontifex, for booshing shenanigans
- The rest was 2/3 AF 1/3 T1, mostly punishers

Roam members (21)
Spoiler
Airsick Lowlander
B'aldrick Aivoras
Blind Scion
Decklin Quark Reiger
Eddie Dante
Gemma Solett
Jonathan Wolf
Kaelph Audeles
Kora K
Muzzy Chuck
Rebulah Conundrum
Rikali Laru
Trillian Ituin
Tyler Arnoux
Union Pivo
Willow K
Wokum
Xakoric Tzash
Xanid Zakhar
Zarquu Fussuhfusus
ashahara
A lot of gank and booshing happened, so I'll do a generic AAR for almost all the fights except the last one : The Scout/A fleet member managed this good catch on [insert ship name]. Bait/Vanguard jumped and secured addional tackle. Fleet jumped into system and warped to target. A boosh might have happened to get on top of the target/get him off a gate/station. Killmail happened, mostly on the ennemy side. Cheers for more blood were heard from the fleet.

Kills and Losses
(19:28:39) Frarie
Celestis +39.6m

(19:34:22) Vlillirier
Thorax +37.02m
Catalyst +18.14m

(19:47:15) Kehjari
Maulus -2.25m

(20:10:54) Vlillirier
Stabber +69.73m

(20:24:09) Pynekastoh
Osprey Navy Issue +129.96m
Griffin -1.08m

(20:32:05) Reitsato
Vexor +30.28m

(20:42:51) Reitsato
Brutix +99.95m
Capsule +0.01m

(20:56:30) Abune
Drake +66.86m

(21:08:15) Melmaniel
Griffin -1.66m
Stiletto -37.23m
Worm +186.32m
Capsule +0.01m
Oracle +156.58m

(21:22:39) Agoze
For this last fight, we got "baited" by a Hyperion in a Large. Knowing he'd have friends around (I was expecting either kitey navy cruisers, or some HFI/Orthrus/...) to help him, we warped at 0 to the Hyperion and started bashing him. The goal was to switch to a softer target when reinforcement arrived.
A stiletto, Orthus and Harbi all landed at 50. With only 2 logis, I though about burning to the Harbi or Orthrus, but the Hyperion was going down faster than expected. We had to wait 60 more seconds before finally breaking him tho. Meanwhile, logis did very well and stayed alive under the Orthus/Harbi fire, while repping me. After the Hyperion popped, we started burning toward the Harbi. They were faster than us, so I asked the fleet to regroup on me for a boosh.
Unfortunately, we were too scattered and they understood our "maneuver", and stayed around 70-60km. We landed 30km from the Harbi and almost landed a scram. Just before we were in range, he MJD-ed away in front of our tears-filled eyes :)
Thanks for the fight guys.
Hyperion +317.19m

Thanks everyone for joining. It was quiet tonight, but I hope you had fun.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,151,644,031.39
ISK Lost: 42,217,977.56
ISK Delta: 1,109,426,053.83
Efficiency: 96.464%
Eddie Dante

Re: [FLEET] Armour AssFrigs - Chasing stray cats

Post by Eddie Dante »

Kora K wrote:We did manage to gank some people along the way, so at least we stayed awake.
Its all perspective: while our FC was busy being bored, i had quite a few life-flashing-before-my-eyes moments. Thankfully Logi was quite on point and ceptors warp out quickly. :D
Summarized: two occasions of tackle at a gate, followed by gateguns into hull. One occasion of an Osprey Navy needing a scram, followed by missiles into hull. One occasion of mistaking a worm for flashy, followed by gateguns into an explosion.
Kora K
Title: Graduate

Post by Kora K »

You did a really job tackling Eddie, I was a bit sad I couldn't take you home alive. I'm pretty sure you'd have die in the last fight we had against the Orthrus anyway :D

And I was not bored, I usually like to have at least 1 fleet fight, sprinkled with some quick gank on the way back. I was also full of energy, so my brain
Eddie Dante

Post by Eddie Dante »

Kora K wrote:And I was not bored, I usually like to have at least 1 fleet fight,
Oh, i know! Can totally imagine fleet fights being the most interesting from a FC'ing perspective though. On a sidenote, i always wondered why so little people X up for scouting since its so much more active then DPS or logi for most of the fleet.
Airsick Lowlander

Post by Airsick Lowlander »

Huge thanks to everyone explaining gate guns and e-war do's and don'ts on gates! I realize I died twice to this after the fact and had assumed it was to an enemy with larger than expected range. Great fleet and I'll be looking forward to the next one!