[AAR] NoP Monday Roam! 2018.02.06 @ 0200

Reise Amatin
Title: Mentor, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Teacher, Graduate

[AAR] NoP Monday Roam! 2018.02.06 @ 0200

Post by Reise Amatin »

FCC FEEDBACK
If you participated in the fleet, please leave feedback in the FCC Feedback form. The information you provide me will help me improve and lead better fleets, which leads to more fun for everyone.

FCC Feedback Form

ACTIONABLE GOALS
Improvement items to work on from my last fleet:
  • Pre-Roam Planning.
  • Decision Making.
  • Command Chatter.
PARTICIPANTS
Aiden Chance
Airsick Lowlander – Vanguard
Argonis Loken
Atticus Vex
Bethany Cartharsis
Brerick Enderas
Bubba Chee
Budda Sereda
Calder Ormand
Devoros Vyndiver
Drake Shea
Gemma Solett – Skirmish Scout
Harai Rex – 2IC
Jax Renalard – Vanguard
Jehoshaphat Ambraelle
KPYTOE KOPOBO
Klue Pythious
Kontxesi Buchanan – 3IC
Kukiko Itovuo
Phantarch
Quinn Sinjin
Reise Amatin
Satoshi Tomeii – Vanguard
Sone Eto
Susan Wulf – Skirmish Scout
Trevor Grambling

OBSERVATIONS
Well thankfully we had Nenn and Okk, because Rakapas was UGLY! We went all the way up the pipe into Kinakka and back down to Aki/Nenn before we found content. We found the Deimos in Nenn, and as we were moving to the gate we spotted the Maelstrom. What to do? Kill both of them!

(03:17:42) Akidagi, Nennamaila
Maelstrom +333.87m
Punisher +8.71m
Deimos +344.57m
Punisher +9.07m
Capsule +0.01m

More silence until Okk, where we found a Pontifex that needed killing.

(03:32:41) Okkamon
Pontifex +213.7m
Punisher +7.28m
Breacher +31.21m

We were headed back to Stacmon when CALSF offered a fight. We stopped on the Pyn gate in Rak, the scout having spotted the CALSF Caracal fleet jumping into Pyn. While we were waiting to see what they were going to do, a Vexor fleet from D&G jumped into us, so I ordered fire on the Vexor's Logi. Of course CALSF 3rd partied on that, and we lost a fair number of ships. They had double the logi we did, and once our logi went down it was all over. We scattered and regrouped with half the fleet left, and Harai took over to get everyone home. I'll let him comment on the FNC and Stabber kills, as I pod-expressed home.

(03:55:05) Rakapas
Augoror +39.7m
Augoror -28.14m
Augoror +39.7m
Capsule -86.62m
Griffin -1.74m
Augoror +38.03m
Vexor -37.2m
Vigil -6.64m
Augoror -16.52m
Vexor -38.06m
Exequror -34.54m
Confessor -81.42m
Vexor +34.83m
Vexor -43.51m
Navitas -19.88m
Vexor -46.69m
Vexor -19.94m
Capsule -0.05m
Capsule -0.96m
Capsule - Genolution 'Auroral' 197-variant -0.01m

(04:09:48) Rakapas
Condor -12.18m

(04:21:56) Rakapas, Murethand
Federation Navy Comet +27.48m
Stabber +39.88m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,168,032,835.85
ISK Lost: 474,111,472.43
ISK Delta: 693,921,363.42
Efficiency: 71.129%

PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND SUMMARY
I hate arranged fights. lol. My mistake was switching over to CALSF's caracals/ospreys when they jumped in. We had wiped out the Vexor fleet's logi, we should have stuck with them and taken a few more DDs out. I also should have asked for a count on CALSF's logi when they were still in Pyn and done better with the planning. On the fly planning is difficult, so I need to make sure I put myself into situations where I work on it...like arranged fights. lol.

Review/Attainment of Actionable Goals:
  • Pre-Roam Planning. - Check.
  • Decision Making. - Check-minus. Off the cuff trying to adjust to evolving combat situations is difficult at best. Need moar practice!
  • Command Chatter. - Check-minus.
  • Keep LEARNING! - Check. This one just lives on this list - it's why we're doing the FCC, right?

Quality Improvement Actions for Next Fleet:
  • Pre-Roam Planning.
  • Decision Making.
  • Command Chatter.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image ImageImage Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Airsick Lowlander

Re: [AAR] NoP Monday Roam! 2018.02.06 @ 0200

Post by Airsick Lowlander »

I had a great time in my Griffin, and hopefully I got a few jams that helped save unistas.

We had some wonderful scouting and it seemed to me like a lot of action, and it was fun to be in the vanguard. The whole night was a learning experience for me, especially regarding lemming things.

P.S. Huge thank you to Kontexi Buchannan for explaining how to change the color of things in the overview, it's been a life saver for me when it comes to locking speed, as well as the ability to show only Logi etc.
Drake Shea
Title: Ensign, Graduate

Post by Drake Shea »

Shame we lost the first augoror, we probably could have held against their DPS. Granted this is hindsight, not the logi should have has the fleet in between itself and the gate.
Uathraptor Unista
ImageImageImage
Quinn Sinjin

Post by Quinn Sinjin »

This was my first PvP fleet experience so there was a lot for me to take in and learn, but I enjoyed myself, managed to get on some killmails and get my ship home in one piece. However, I also managed to get lost after Harai took over the fleet by mishearing the gate the fleet was to jump to and not checking the history tab, so I warped to the wrong gate and lagged behind the rest of the fleet for a few jumps. I have learnt in future not to rely on just my hearing, but to check the history tab for confirmation. Luckily I was able to follow the fleet movement via comms and history tab, watching local and my overview like a hawk, until I managed to catch up again. Not the best start to my PvP fleet career, but a useful lesson learned!
Trevor Grambling
Title: Sophomore

Post by Trevor Grambling »

Drake Shea wrote:Shame we lost the first augoror, we probably could have held against their DPS. Granted this is hindsight, not the logi should have has the fleet in between itself and the gate.
I heard logi positioning mentioned on comms as well and the comments were not really accurate seeing as the fight was directly on the gate, it was unclear if we were jumping or staying until shots were fired, and ships were popping in on various sides. Reps easily held logi against the Vexors. The Caracals that primaried me in my Augoror were close to 30 off after pulling range. The other Aug and Exequror did land a few reps but weren't close to keeping up with the damage from the 7 Caracals + Executioner that was holding me. Yes, position could have been better but it was not terrible. In watching my recording, I did mess up my whisper key because I don't hear my request to anchor up. Calder did also pull range but we should have been together. It probably didn't make a difference; there simply wasn't time to pull out of range of the light missiles.
Drake Shea
Title: Ensign, Graduate

Post by Drake Shea »

I didn't realize the caracals engaged us since I only had vexors on my mail. There isn't a whole lot you can do against the alpha strike of those caracals outside of more tank.
Uathraptor Unista
ImageImageImage