[FLEET] Feroxes - Russian Ishtar and Calmil Feroxes

Kora K
Title: Graduate

[FLEET] Feroxes - Russian Ishtar and Calmil Feroxes

Post by Kora K »

o/

Most of the AAR was written by Decklin btw, I should do that more often :D Thanks everyone for joining, we got 2 teamfights and some lessons, so I hope everyone had fun. Aslo thanks to Zarquuuuuuu, Decklin and Union for being my back-up FCs/Anchors.

We undocked with plenty of logi, but were slightly low on the number of Feroxes for the size of fleet we had.
Roam members (28):
Spoiler
Alf Saissore (Ferox)
Arashi Shizukana (Interceptor, then VFI scout)
Auric Fulcrum
Calder Ormand
Carl Misjekis
Decklin Quark Reiger
Erwin Madelung
FragLord Ots (Thrasher, newbro! yay!)
Gatt2111
Gemma Solett (interceptor Scout)
Gunman Aldent
Hideo Date
Jax Renalard
Klue Pythious (Catalyst)
Kontxesi Buchanan
Kora K
KraK Oziane
Lanik Solette
Laser Skaron (Osprey)
Maximus Hert (Osprey)
Nathan Tamroc
Rebulah Conundrum (Ferox)
Tiberius Auduin (Ferox)
Union Pivo (Ferox)
Z0X Ambrye (Ferox)
Zarquu Fussuhfusus (Ferox)
Zeerse Solaris (Brutix)
ashahara (Ferox)
On the way out the door, we joked that since we weren't bringing a 'dictor, we might find some content in Syndicate.
(21:01:25) MHC-R3
Sure enough, our scouts found a small gang of Scythe Fleet Issues, and we caught one of them, before the rest escaped. Thankfully, our scouts stayed alive:
Scythe Fleet Issue +136.03m
On the way through Syndicate, we were followed by a Pinecone scout in an Ares. We asked him in local if they had a fight for us, but his response was, "No, we're between timezones. If we did you would know by now." Oh well.
We stopped by X-M, to say hello to The Initiative there. We warped at range to their citadel to say hello. They were content to fire at us with it, but didn't undock anything interesting, so we moved on towards Orvolle.

(21:16:28) PF-346
Leaving Syndicate, we killed this bubble, becase, hey why not?:
Mobile Medium Warp Disruptor I +2.97m
(21:26:31) Aldranette
Here we encoutnered a group of T2 cruisers (Ishtars mainly, with support from Scimitars, a Claymore, Lachesis and two Minmatar Recons, as well as a Gila). They were positioned on the Nen gate, drones out and ready to fight. We warped to the gate at 0, and started the engagement 30 km from the main fleet. I tried to take down a couple of Scimi first (got one in low shield), but they were pulling range faster than we could burn. We switched to an Ishtar and then a Recon, but they also burned away from us. I asked people to switch ammo for longer range, but it did not made a difference. After that, I got primaried and died under a sea of drones. 2 main points to improve for me :
- Feroxes are not AF, I really need to work on my positioning. In that case, I though they'd jump, so I fleet warped everyone to the gate, thinking we'd catch them in Aki or Hik. I should have waited a bit to see their reaction, but I was afraid to lose them. The best thing to do would have been to check if they jumped, warp at range (like long range, so they'd have to burn to us and we could kill some drones / start applying pressure).
- Switching ammo. I'm still not sure how to handle switching ammos during a fast fight like that, so I need to do a bit of research on this one. We weren't doing that much DPS with antimatter, so I was reluctant to switch and I chose to switch targets instead.

When Kora lost his Ferox in this fleet, Zarquu was 2nd in command, but immediately ran into network issues, so he handed it over to me.
When I took over, I had the fleet align out together, and found out who was tackled and by what. We killed the two Stilettos by assigning our drones to them. Gemma got a great scram on one, and it popped instantly. For the second one, it was far enough away with low enough transversal that we could hit it. Once it popped, I warped the fleet away.
Sentinel -53.52m
Brutix -90.11m
Ferox -81.58m
Ares -42.88m
Ferox -91.59m
Osprey -26.54m
Ferox -86.65m
Ferox -87.46m
Stiletto +53.91m
Stiletto +52.66m
Ferox -78.24m
Reaper -0.09m
Since Kora lost his Ferox in this fight, I took over as FC for the next part of the roam.
As we regrouped, one of the local Caldari Militia groups called out in local that they were forming a group to match our numbers, so we shouldn't go too far.
We took a quick trip up towards Kinakka. Mostly we spotted smaller groups of frigates and destroyers, but eventually spotted a Machariel traveling from Kinakka through Martoh and into Kehjari.
(21:57:36) Kehjari
We arrived just in time to third-party on a group of Vexors who were engaging the Mach.
Machariel +746.29m
Vexor +71.97m
(22:15:58) Aivonen
We waited a little while to see if the locals would form a group to fight us, but they weren't too interested, so started moving back towards the semi-arranged fight with Templis CALSF. Our scouts reported that they did have a reasonably matched fight for us to take, so now the race was on to be first in position so we could set up with logi at range etc.
Both fleets landed on the Pavanakka / Aivonen gate, and immediately started aligning out from the gate with logi at range. While both fleets were hoping the other would jump in to them. their fleet red-boxed our scout. I confirmed that he wasn't flashy, so they would be taking gate guns, and then burned us back in to the gate and jumped through.
Sure enough, they were well-positioned, with logi roughly 40km from the gate, and their Feroxes in between.
While holding cloak, I broadcast one of their Ospreys as primary, and that our logi should anchor up and away from the fight, while we went for their logi. Unfortunately, it felt like we did almost no damage to the Osprey. Their logi were really on top of target switches as well, when we swapped to a second logi, then to a Ferox, and finally tried distracting them by assigning our drones to their Loki, while focusing our guns on an Osprey. None of it worked. They took one of our Ospreys down first, and were able to snowball to victory from their, hardly losing a thing.
Osprey -21.21m
Ferox -84.77m
Ferox -79.1m
Merlin +2.39m
Ferox -88.85m
Ferox -87.84m
Ferox -87.28m
Ferox -83.76m
After this fight, I had to go for the evening, but Zarquu led the survivors back to Stacmon / Uphallant.
(22:35:49) Nennamaila
On the way back, it looks like we lost our VFI in a 3-way skirmish which included pirate battleships:
Vigil Fleet Issue -22.77m
Punisher +9.13m
Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,075,340,118.71
ISK Lost: 1,194,252,361.9
ISK Delta: -118,912,243.19
Efficiency: 47.38%