[FLEET] QRF Caracals go on a rampage

Kora K
Title: Graduate

[FLEET] QRF Caracals go on a rampage

Post by Kora K »

o/

AAR from HCOOK perspective.. It seems we had the same talk about our "friendship", thanks again for the fight Salt and Friends :)

Roam members (35) - NOTE: This section include people who were around for the POCO Defense. Regarding numbers, we had :
- 10-14 Caracals. A few Caracals more would have been nice, but it was a QRF so no complaining here :)
- 4-5 Ospreys
- Essential and super awesomes supports (Hyena then Keres, Mauluses,...)
Spoiler
Aimsucks
Atticus Vex
Auric Fulcrum
B'aldrick Aivoras
Balance0fJudgement
Balin Khazad-dum
Breeze One
DeanSherman
Decklin Quark Reiger
Eddie Dante
Gemma Solett
Glen Burney
Guiliano Thellere
Jarrod Sands
Jonathan Wolf
Kora K
Kurl Schwenz
Loth Lorien
Mihir Karani
Mols Halleck
Nathalie Auduin
Owen Armel
Padraic Musbrandt
Professor Academiac
Rikali Laru
Sagittarius Griffins
Sterling Boirelle
Tetsua Donier
The Jojosh
Thelma Magent
Tiberius Auduin
Toma Heleneto
Tyler Arnoux
Union Pivo
ashahara
This fleet started as a POCO defense, then become a QRF against Socket/CFT and after that we decided to roam around in Placid/BR. Thanks everyone for joining on such short notice, I hope you all had fun.

We set course for Oicx, hotspot of the month, hoping to get into system guns blazing for a nice brawl with the FW lads. I don't really remember what happened there, but Auric and Decklin got caught and the targets escaped (I think).
Kills and Losses
(19:58:30) Oicx
Hyena -37.91m
Maulus -10.85m

Anyway, we docked quickly to regroup, when I was convo-ed by Captain Cean. They had around 1.5-2x our numbers, and they were in AF (mainly Wolves). We agreed to a fight, and Decklin went to reship to a special Keres (2 scram, shield) to avoid any booshing shenanigans. They were coming from the other side, so Vli was chosen as our fighting grounds. We waited for Decklin to reship, and warped to the Vli gate. Eddie mentionned that there was way way more ships on the other side of the gate than expected. At the same time, Captain told me they were engaging a bigger fleet and that we could join their side. It happened seconds before jumping through the gate, so I did not set HCOOK to blue.

It was a bit confusing at first, trying to find non friendly and suitable (in range) targets in this big mess, but I settled on 2 corms ~30k from the big blob. We burned to them while burning through them, and after that we were nicely positioned and safe. All the frigates were brawling in the middle, so we circled around like hyenas while providing much needed support for our German friends.

I wanted to go after DD ships first, but we had to take out their Deacons. I was a bit slow to react here, and it took me some time to notice how maby logi they had. It was basically kill 1.5 ship, reload, kill another 1.5, rince and repeat for 10mn. Once the Deacons were very much dead, we tried to go after a pontifex. He unfortunately managed to escape us (but died later, thx to Rikali for the KM), and we're still crying to this day :D

We killed 2-3 more DD after that, and the ennemy fleet scattered. We did the same and thanked HCOOK fo the invitation. It was a clean fight for us, since everyone survived.

(20:13:32) Vlillirier
Uni BR : http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org/?a=ki ... _id=468863. Come friendly fire by our EWAR pilots, but you went for the right target, and nobody was blue anyway. So good job guys.
Another BR : https://br.inyour.space/?s=3836&b=79312 ... qvvvaauvvO
Kill list :
Cormorant +17.82m
Keres +49.63m
Cormorant +15.12m
Deacon +54.84m
Deacon +55.5m
Deacon +55.32m
Malediction +40.22m
Rifter +10.32m
Deacon +54.43m
Deacon +56.28m
Deacon +50.92m
Capsule +40.36m
Wolf +50.57m
Vengeance +51.77m
Wolf +47.72m
Pontifex +102.14m

We docked up after the fight, took a bio, and went back to Uph.

(20:39:02) Vey
Our secret weapon died while trying to catch a Hurricane, but we avenged him.
Keres -53.62m
Hurricane +87.16m

(20:50:10) Uphallant
We chased this Eos for a bit, and I made a mistake while fleet warping during the chase. Nevertheless, we caught him outside a station in Uphallant. We lost 2 ships mainly to gate guns, the FC burned his launchers 2mn into the fight, some people had to grab more ammos mid-engagement, but we finally managed to kill him in the end :D It was a nice desert for this fleet.
Ibis -0.07m
Blackbird -11.6m
Caracal -18.51m
Eos +930.35m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,770,461,112.31
ISK Lost: 132,556,782.25
ISK Delta: 1,637,904,330.06
Efficiency: 93.034%
Last edited by Kora K on 2018.01.31 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
Vorphalak

Re: [FLEET] QRF Caracals go on a rampage

Post by Vorphalak »

Thanks again guys! Would have liked to fight you, but this was even better of course. :-D

Very good job only shooting the bad guys, not one of you seems to have taken a shot at us. Nicely done!
Kora K

Post by Kora K »

Cheers mate, thanks again for the opportunity :)
The Jojosh
Title: Sophomore

Post by The Jojosh »

The last Caracal could have been saved if I better managed distance as a logi anchor. When I first saw him going down, he was about 90km away and even though I started burning towards him and told logis to overheat the damage was already done. He died when we were about 60km away and by that time the reps were almost holding, being little closer at the beginning would have saved him for sure.

Sorry bro. :(
Kora K

Post by Kora K »

The Jojosh wrote:The last Caracal could have been saved if I better managed distance as a logi anchor. When I first saw him going down, he was about 90km away and even though I started burning towards him and told logis to overheat the damage was already done. He died when we were about 60km away and by that time the reps were almost holding, being little closer at the beginning would have saved him for sure.

Sorry bro. :(
Live and learn, and thanks for stepping up as logi anchor :) To be honest, it was not an easy situation for logis. We had a few warps / jumps before we managed to grab him outside a station. He then MJD-ed away, so we had to chase him a bit.
Sterling Boirelle
Title: Events Staff, Zen Master, Teacher, Sophomore

Post by Sterling Boirelle »

Really enjoyed this fleet, i cannot think of a better introduction to E-Uni fleets.
SP determines what you can fly not where you can fly.