Little OP: Mid Warp Bubble

Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

Little OP: Mid Warp Bubble

Post by Glen Burney »

I was camping in KBP with Spectre Fleet this morning, we hunt around the local nullsec area to increase our output. So I went hunting in an arazu, which is a cruiser that can use a T2 cloak (warp cloaked) and bonus to point and scram range, and damps.

So I was in a nearby system to the camp and noticed a pilot going back and forth from one citadel to another, he was moving big ships and coming back in his pod. I asked in comms for an interdictor to support after I saw him move a Rattlesnake.

So I made a bookmark more than 350 (the combat range of the fortizar to which he was moving ships) and less than 500 (the range within which a bubble will catch something). I had the interdictor warp to me at that spot and cloak up, while I went to the origination station to see what he was undocking.

With the trap set, the first thing he undocked was a cynabal, which was a bad target, it could burn out of the bubble too quickly. He dropped it off, came back, and undocked a Hurricane.

I quickly told the interdictor pilot to drop the bubble, before the Hurricane could initiate warp. Sure enough, the Hurricane got caught in the bubble, and I follwed him in warp to be secondary scram:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/67706847/

There are many ways to set traps in Eve! I don't generally have the patience to set these types of traps, but they can be fun. I hope this AAR is educational for someone :)

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)
Kora K
Title: Graduate

Re: Little OP: Mid Warp Bubble

Post by Kora K »

Glen Burney wrote: So I made a bookmark more than 350 (the combat range of the fortizar to which he was moving ships) and less than 500 (the range within which a bubble will catch something).
First, congratz :) Second, thanks for the numbers on that, it might come handy in the future.
Fergus Echerie
Title: Solitude Campus Manager, Graduate

Post by Fergus Echerie »

Nice work and v useful numbers.

Any particular reasons for the Arazu, assuming the bonus to scrams and damps mainly? I’m about to start experimenting with one.
Solitude Campus Manager
Image Image Image Image
Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

Post by Glen Burney »

I have had that Arazu for a long time, it was purchased for BLOPS. I have had some very enjoyabe non-BLOPS operations with it though. The scram and damps are much fun.

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)