[AAR] Post-CTA Lowsec Fisticuffs 28JAN 2130

Kontxesi Buchanan
Title: Assistant Manager (Events), Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Senior Personnel Officer™, Dislikes You, Events, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] Post-CTA Lowsec Fisticuffs 28JAN 2130

Post by Kontxesi Buchanan »

Sphere Thelon wrote:Good times.

I ran out of ammo on that Moros and after restocking I warped back to my anchor at 0 only to land on top of the moros. I should have warped off and come back at range (not sure if that would have worked or not) but I decided to slowboat back to the fleet instead. My close range plus lack of transversal made me dead meat as soon as the moros pilot noticed. At this point I was in the fleet for a few hours without so much as a yellow box so I decided to call it as I had an engagement with another game coming up shortly after this.

Some things I wish I would have known... At one gate where we lost a few to gate guns I really wish I hadn't shot on the non-flashy. I lost some sec status that is going to be a pain to bring back up and, I feel, wasn't worth it in the end. I did lose some security status shooting at the moros but that was worth it to me. In either case I wish the FC was clear about the repercussions of the actions so I could have better made a choice based on my comfort level. However, not to put all of the blame on the FC, I should have known what I was getting into before hitting fire... or even before agreeing to continue with the gang into lowsec. Honestly, I was wrapped up in the moment.
You've gotten a lot of good replies about the sec status, so I won't comment on that. What I will say is that there is usually a newbro speech at the beginning of the fleet (if needed) to cover things like what you've mentioned here, but this was a pretty different situation. Breeze did give a newbro speech, but it was tailored towards the CTA so things like plexes and flashy vs. non-flashy weren't really covered. Come out to one of the "regular" lowsec fleets this week to get the full spiel. You've already gotten a good intro, so your next fleet should be much easier to follow. :)
Budda Sereda wrote:1. Roaming ended up very cool, though I feel that getting 50 BCs into Black Rise (even Tama) rarely gives good content: too much for anything to not run away, and apparently not enough to kill a dread. Though we killed a Legion and quite a few Guardians.
I probably would take them to null: into Cloud Ring, Fade, Decklein, but... not much chances we would get even half of us back alive :)
FC always has a hard work for the fleet, so don't consider this please as a serious complain.
As I said above, we were actually nowhere near 50 Feroxes, more like 25 at our max. By the time we left the citadel in Ostingele, we were 71 ships, down from the 160 we had for the timer. We had a whole lot of logi and EWAR relative to the size of the fleet. If we did have 50 Feroxes, I think that Moros would have gone down okay.

As for nullsec, I still haven't FCed a nullsec fleet so I wasn't keen to do that, plus the people wanted a Tama camp.
Budda Sereda wrote:3. When we had a fight with Guardians (and whatever landed with them): we should spread tackles and don't all hug the last 3rd guardian, very well we could get 1-2 more kills.
I'll have to watch the recording again tonight, but I don't believe I called to spread tackle and that's my bad. I knew several of our tacklers were experienced and I didn't think to give the group enough instruction. I also tried to learn from the Vexor/Aug situation I ran into a while back and switch to the DPS before killing all of the logi, but I didn't do it soon enough.
fengor Agittain wrote:2. The Maulus has an awesome Locking range.
Indeed. You should have enough range on EWAR ships to stay far away from things that might hurt you, which is probably why you lived. :)
Bethany Catharsis wrote:I learned more about how to identify what targets are viable for a given fleet composition, how to bait, and how to gate camp.
I've been trying to get a handle on engagement profiles since I started FCing in August. May you pick up on it faster than I have been! :lol:
Glen Burney wrote:Fly dangerous. Shoot all the things (although I personally don't engage shuttles and noob ships, at that point it's just silly)...
Well, that felt rather pointed.... >.>
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Alf Saissore
Title: Sophomore

Post by Alf Saissore »

I think these guys got popped trying to loot or something, not sure.

(23:21:00) Asakai
Atron -9.69m
Ares -36.03m
Kind of, yes. Myself, Megoste and a few others stayed behind to loot and to see if there would be some additional action. After a few minutes an Osprey Navy Issue landed, at that point we had a few frigates and an Omen on the field. This should have been a sign for the frigates to scatter, or at least to coordinate our actions a bit. However at least I had already reshipped into a cheap tackle Atron, so decided foolishly to scram-web the ONI and see if the Omen could take it down. Needless to say that didn't work out all that well.

Lesson learned: Don't tackle an ONI in a frigate unless you have the tank / logi for it.
Kontxesi Buchanan
Title: Assistant Manager (Events), Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Senior Personnel Officer™, Dislikes You, Events, Graduate, Management

Post by Kontxesi Buchanan »

Ariea Thellare recorded most of the fleet (not the Moros fight). I've started at the point where Breeze turned it over to me, but it also includes the timer and the NSC portion of the fleet.

When I get home, I'll have another look at my recording and see if it's good enough to post so we have the rest of it. Like I said, I have a lot of doggo background noise, so it might not be any good. We'll see.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Reembody
Title: Sophomore

Post by Reembody »

As one of the overly numerous logi's it was kinda slow for most of the roam. Felt like all we did was just reestablish our cap chains after every warp and wait to catch up to the tackle to heal them when we did see conflict before the Moro's. The Moro's fight was interesting to Logi since it was my first time doing something like that in such a large group and it on felt like we were holding good until the Tornados started alphaing people off the field.

Funny thing to note about the Moro's was that it was the same one that was baiting the New Years Eve Fleet. I only notice because he was part of my last few deaths on zkillboard. (Yeah I know I need to do more pvp/fleets :lol: )
Tau Hopper
Title: Graduate

Post by Tau Hopper »

Budda Sereda wrote:I was primaried by him 3 times, [...] called for reps on time and was saved by logies. 3rd time I [...] lost position control, came too close to Moros (13km) and was pretty much alphaed :(
Same story here, and I cannot emphasize enough what a great job the logies did the whole time. From my side, however, I messed up a bit with respect to the distances I warped back to – and I even landed on top of the Moros once:
20180128234442_1.jpg
The remaining two times I warped back at a distance and proceeded to slowboat towards our anchor, but I guess that made me a more distinct target in his overview than if I had simply tried to warp to the anchor at 0. Still, what a magnificent ship that dreadnought was:
20180128234505_1.jpg
, and how tiny did we look by comparison, harpooning it with our puny missiles!
20180128234906_1.jpg
Retired AMC Assistant Manager | Mining FC, 1st Class

ImageImageImage
Phaethonx Brutor

Post by Phaethonx Brutor »

Also, whilst gate camping in Lowsec, if you are in anything flimsy, i.e a frigate, or destroyer, you should always pre-align to something before you activate your whoring module or weapon on a non flashy target, and as soon as it activates on them, warp off to your chosen spot, (as the gate guns might randomly target you first, instead of something tanky the logi can hold) then warp back at range on the gate/target. and the gate guns will not engage you further for attacking the exact same non flashy target again.
Devourer of the blue donuts. Guardian of the blueberries. Reaper of the new-berries, Counter protostomper, and above all, Official Team Mascot of D.A.R.K L.E.G.I.O.N, maker of laughs and good times. Become a citizen bro. 80+mil sp multi role death machine. Top 400 overall player rank. https://zkillboard.com/character/2101971234/trophies/ Most memorable match, K/D 73/1, in a gallante combat logi (150 clone count on opposing team), supported by no one but the high ground and his rail rifle. Trollalalala, bet you won't try that again. Adapt, Improvise, Overcome, or Whelp.
Airsick Lowlander

Post by Airsick Lowlander »

First time flying Logi in a Fleet, it was a true learning experience for me. I had a bit of trouble with the cap chain and up/down but the other Logi folks helped me through it! I had a great time, and while I lost my ship, I felt as though this was a wonderful learning experience.