[AAR][Event] Frigate Death Arena [1/20]

Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

[AAR][Event] Frigate Death Arena [1/20]

Post by Turlough Dominian »

Original forum event post : https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 4&t=107825

Frigate Death Arena

we had 9 people in fleet and I think 11 on mumble for the people taking part unless the killboard is failing me we had at least 6 people take part which is still a good turn out when you watch them spend the first 5 min's chasing each other around as they bounce off the cargo cans and 1 new bro in the event also.

Do note this took me at least an hour of double checking ingame/both killboards as I noticed that at least one kill was missing from the roam report then found some more so might be a mistake but here is your champions :D

1st place: Yrgrasil Crucifier Navy Issue "donated by Tlymphocyte"
2nd place: Budda Sereda Astero Donated by Capt Steele
3rd place: Joint winners Raxon Noseworthy and Nathan Tamroc "will cut your ship in half and send you both 50% of the isk value" Prophecy Donated by myself

Was really fun to watch this one at the start there was alot of bouncing around with people trying to land point or escape then the fireworks started to go off.
There was alot of escaping done many of the participants managed to warp off and repair once or twice which is awesome as that is one of the goals.
Some how raxon survived in his pod for at least 30 secs on grid and in range of others "I so wanted his corpse noooo"

Comments at the end that was nice to hear on mumble :D
raxon: nooooooooooooo no no no no no no please don't end it no no no no no "short pause" no no noooooooooooo
Budda: I wanna go on for longer this is fun

Will send prize's soon \("-")/
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR][Event] Frigate Death Arena [1/20]

Ok all rewards have been sent and big thank you to all who attended o7 please do feel free to comment on if you liked/learnt anything or if you think i can improve it a tad do let me know ty
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Excellent event Turlough Dominian!

There are few things I'm sad though:
1. It was only 30 minutes, they run as if we had 5 minutes fight. :)
2. The event did not gather many players. I understand not everybody is interested in a small ships 'semi-solo' PvP, yet that was superfun!

Things I'm excited about:
1. Even a complete newbro can have a victorious shot: no need to have T2 guns or tank to 'score' a victorious point. You can fight even in a rookie ship, be in proper place at a proper time and hit "F1" :)
2. My kiting strategy to win did not work: I was able to stay alive for quite long, but at least once target run away from me (I could not close distance in time to land a scram).

Looking forward to participate in another one! Would be good to also see Elite PvPers taking part as well!
Nathan Tamroc
Title: Sophomore

Post by Nathan Tamroc »

This event was a lot of fun.
The moment your tank showed a small weakness (or you boasted to loudly), everyone jumped up.
And just like Budda said, even a total newbro can get some kills, especially if he keeps his head down.

Hoping we can make this a reccuring event. Maybe also with battle industrials or noobships.
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director

Nathan Tamroc wrote: Hoping we can make this a recurring event. Maybe also with battle industrials or noobships.
Good news , Budda asked me the same thing other day, so weather permitting will try to aim for 1 a month and aiming for the 3rd weekend for each.
Other good news would be I have sent down around 750-800 mill worth of ships + fittings towards the HSC for events, only downside with these one's for moment they are out of my own pocket so will need to contract them out to recover the cost, noobships / frigates and i think a few dessie's in there also at least 100 hulls anywho.

ofc not forgetting apart from convenience of contracted fitting ships which do cost a few iskies , depending whats down at hsc people might/should be able to get stuff for free from the corp hanger.
Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Yrgrasil »

Event was really interesting, just an increased fighting duration would be nice. No idea what i do with my Price.. Probably i just donate it for the next round.
Budda Sereda wrote:2. My kiting strategy to win did not work: I was able to stay alive for quite long, but at least once target run away from me (I could not close distance in time to land a scram).
Yep, but to your defense i aligned out shortly before i killed the third guy :D So you had to start approaching me much earlier.

Things i learned:
- if i can warp to repair, i should warp to a Station which actually has a Repair...

Btw. if i remember correctly i have a record of this, should be able to upload it until tomorrow.
Yrgrasil

Post by Yrgrasil »

well, took longer than expected but here's the record

https://youtu.be/zOiHkmh69Ew

It seems that my audio file is somewhat damaged :/
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director

Yrgrasil wrote:well, took longer than expected but here's the record

https://youtu.be/zOiHkmh69Ew

It seems that my audio file is somewhat damaged :/
wow well done thank you very much for video the event , I might even consider making a stickie thread for event videos that people can add to it with the hosts permission. but yes nice video thank you o7
Yrgrasil

Post by Yrgrasil »

Would be good i think, wasn't sure how to handle the record policy of the Uni, so i just set it to "not listed", so its at least not public visible at all.
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director

For myself once the host of the Event is fine with it , and the video it self does not make us look bad like no swearing or op-sec stuff leaking out I am happy enough.

snipet from the wiki policy is: link here
Publishing of video recording is allowed provided the player(s) recording and publishing the fleet:
Obtain the fleet commander's consent to the recording being published
Obscures any sensitive information on the stream, including corporation and fleet chat channels